Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pizza post
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,655

Pizza post

Aug 15, 2020, 6:46 PM

Just had to come on here and voice this. Ordered Pizza Hut for the first time in years. WOW. It was the worst pizza we’ve ever had. Pan Crust was terrible and tasted like stale bread. Stuffed crust was even worse. Barely any sauce, toppings didn’t tase fresh at all and even with a coupon it was more expensive than domino’s or papa johns. I remember years ago when having pizza and movie night as a kid Pizza Hut was so much better. Just have to say they have changed their product for the worst. I don’t know how they are even in business selling this low quality of pizza. Needless to say it will be dominos and papa johns from here on out. Mixed in with several good local pizza joints around home.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND PIZZA HUT.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed...

Aug 15, 2020, 6:54 PM

Papa John's is better IMO...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pizza post

Aug 15, 2020, 7:34 PM

Don't know where you are from, but your description sounds universal for PH. Made the mistake of going to the sit-down PH in Clemson last year the night of the homecoming fireworks. On such a "busy" night in Clemson, there were six diners in there. We were four of them. The food was bad enough, but the service was awful! Not worth describing the details, but it was a train wreck. I told everyone as we left that the place needed to CLOSE. It did a few weeks later.

I miss the old dine-in Pizza Huts. Shakey's was The Bomb!

You have to wonder with all of the fast food joints now delivering, if their dine-in style will eventually fall in the same manner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2020, 9:55 PM

I know people who went to the Clemson Pizza Hut for lunch and after the 3rd time getting dirty silverware and plates finally left. They, nor I will go back

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shakey's was the best when I was a little boy

Aug 16, 2020, 7:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Pizza post ]

they had a widow to watch them make the pizza and I could stand up and watch them. Plus they wore the little Italian hats and suits which was sooooo cool to a kid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shakey's was the best when I was a little boy

Aug 16, 2020, 8:03 AM

Neal, did the widow get paid to watch the pizzas or was she just one of the owners? Just curious??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't pay me enough to dine @ Pizza Hut!!!!!!!

Aug 15, 2020, 8:19 PM

Living in Laurinburg, I travel to God Father's in a Rockingham anytime we want pizza!!!

If you're ever in the North Myrtle Beach area and get the hankering for pizza . . . Georgio's has great pizzas!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you ever tried SoPies in Southern Pines

Aug 16, 2020, 7:28 AM

its about the same distance, maybe a little farther.

Aug 15, 2020, 10:07 PM

Ever since Domino’s changed their formula 5-10 years ago, they’ve been my favorite chain pizza by far. As a kid, I loved PH and hated Dominos but the tables have totally flipped now. PH is bathed in grease and gives me the big D. Not enough pepto in the world to make it worth it.

I would eat at Papa Johns too but he’s racist and I’m a woke honky.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2020, 11:17 PM

Full circle cafe in Anderson is probably the best pizza I’ve ever had. No grease no crazy thick crust and no thin crust. It is a brick oven pizza and only the owner himself or his son runs the oven. If you are ever on Clemson Blvd, I suggest the full circle pizza, he sweet Carolina bbQ pizza of the margarita pizza.

Aug 16, 2020, 7:04 AM

My Pie in Clemson is the bomb! Why go anywhere else...

It really is! That was a great addition to Clemson.

Aug 16, 2020, 7:44 AM

Every time I go up to Clemson now I hit it up. The gelato they make takes it over the top.

I just wish Columbia had one. We got two Blazes here (which aren’t bad a-tall), but a Your Pie would make a killing (literally in Five Points)!

~JKB

Aug 16, 2020, 8:22 AM

Try Guy's
Guy's Pizza in Anderson( Hwy 81) and in Sandy Springs has great pizza.I'd even recommend it to Dabo.Try The Works.

In Clemson it's Joe's NY Pizza or GTFO.

Aug 16, 2020, 8:22 AM

Not that I have an opinion or anything...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,655
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic