Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pitt Had a Player Test Positive the Day of the FSU game.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Pitt Had a Player Test Positive the Day of the FSU game.

Nov 23, 2020, 3:25 PM

Guess what happened? They played.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/11/07/pitt-panthers-player-to-sit-out-florida-state-match-due-to-coronavirus-protocols/

This is why anything that comes out of FSU is garbage

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

This ^^^^^

Nov 23, 2020, 3:28 PM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This ^^^^^

Nov 24, 2020, 11:50 AM

Yes, this really makes FSU look to be the COWARDS that we are accusing them to be. They are yellow belly Cowards. And now, this makes me believe that Norvell had a lot to do with them playing us on Saturday to avoid an A$$ Kicking beat down!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pitt crushed 'em 41-17***

Nov 23, 2020, 3:33 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Here's to Dabo hanging a 100 on them***

Nov 23, 2020, 3:36 PM

But was it a back up lineman who had tested negative twice that week and was

Nov 23, 2020, 3:36 PM

Isolated from everyone else on the way down there?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EXACTLY

Nov 23, 2020, 3:38 PM

SUCK IT FSU.

SUCK IT media apologists.

They are scared hypocrites, and Dabo said what needed to be said.

Good find - we need more specifics - where can we get more

Nov 23, 2020, 3:44 PM

about this ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Pitt Had a Player Test Positive the Day of the FSU game.

Nov 23, 2020, 3:46 PM

Pesky facts.***

Nov 23, 2020, 3:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2020, 4:04 PM

This is the same stuff the national media is doing to Clemson. You are assuming and running with it. Fine on a message board but WCCP hosts did it all day too. Please show me where it says a Pitt player tested positive. The protocol also states that if a player was in contact with someone outside of the program and they receive a positive test you must isolate. I’d like to think FL st is being hypocritical but this Pitt story ain’t a slam dunk suggesting they are.

Nov 23, 2020, 4:45 PM

"A Pitt Panthers player will sit out Saturday’s scheduled game against Florida State Seminoles due to COVID-19 protocols"

The only thing that triggers a protocol is a positive test.

Nov 23, 2020, 9:20 PM

"A Pitt Panthers player will sit out Saturday’s scheduled game against Florida State Seminoles due to COVID-19 protocols"

The only thing that triggers a protocol is a positive test.

“ Each institution shall also use the contact tracing guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to determine whether additional staff members should be tested, or student-athletes and support staff should be quarantined.” Directly from the acc protocols document. By that definition we have to place someone in quarantine as part of the protocol.

Protocol does not mean positive. Protocol means set of rules everyone abides by. I’m pretty sure we had someone in “protocol” earlier this year due to just being in contact with someone in their house/home/outside of the program. Swinney even said it himself at the beginning of the year.

"We’re going to have guys day-to-day, week-to-week battling some injuries," Swinney said. "We’re going to have some guys that are on the COVID protocol, whether they had it or quarantined or close contact...we’re just going to try to keep it simple."

So there is our coach stating protocol means a multitude of things. All I am saying is it doesn’t say the Pitt player tested positive and I have a hard time believing any of us know for certain that is why the Pitt player sat.

It literally says it

Nov 23, 2020, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt Had a Player Test Positive the Day of the FSU game. ]

In the title of the article.....

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It literally says it

Nov 24, 2020, 7:23 AM

It literally doesn’t

Nov 23, 2020, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt Had a Player Test Positive the Day of the FSU game. ]

haygers said:

This is the same stuff the national media is doing to Clemson. You are assuming and running with it. Fine on a message board but WCCP hosts did it all day too. Please show me where it says a Pitt player tested positive. The protocol also states that if a player was in contact with someone outside of the program and they receive a positive test you must isolate. I’d like to think FL st is being hypocritical but this Pitt story ain’t a slam dunk suggesting they are.

Did you read it? How are you not seeing where it is "not a slam dunk" regarding their actions in a similar situation?

A Pitt player is in Covid-19 protocol means - they have reason to believe the player had it or was exposed to it. They still played the game haygers

Nov 24, 2020, 7:32 AM

haygers said:

Did you read it? How are you not seeing where it is "not a slam dunk" regarding their actions in a similar situation?

A Pitt player is in Covid-19 protocol means - they have reason to believe the player had it or was exposed to it. They still played the game haygers

Similar situation, yes. I did read the article. Can you tell me this article says a pitt player tested positive? If the Pitt player was around someone who tested posted but the Pitt player didn’t I can see how FL st would have wiggle room to say “positive Pitt player didn’t travel with the team, positive Clemson player did”. Now Dabo has come out and said he knows for a fact a positive Pitt player traveled as well so looks like the same situation. Before that confirmation the article did not confirm it was the same situation.

Nov 23, 2020, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt Had a Player Test Positive the Day of the FSU game. ]

Pretty simple to read the article . Kinda what it says .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 7:22 AM

Pretty simple to read the article . Kinda what it says .

“Kinda what it says” is not the same as “what it says”

It says it in the title of the article, moron.***

Nov 23, 2020, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt Had a Player Test Positive the Day of the FSU game. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: It says it in the title of the article, moron.***

Nov 24, 2020, 6:41 AM

My only point was that a player sitting out due to covid protocol does not necessarily mean he was positive. Protocol encompasses a few reasons why you would sit a player, close proximity to someone who recently tested positive, started showing symptoms Saturday morning couldn’t get tested before the game. Even though Dabo confirmed yesterday evening the player was positive my point was that article was vague enough to not be a slam dunk. I was only pointing out that tiger media (wccp) was running with a story they believed was true without confirmation the player was positive. I listened to them say it yesterday morning on air. “You have to assume the player was positive.” I just believed it was hypocritical for our media to tell other media folks to not run with a narrative until they had all the facts and wccp was doing the same. Doing it on a message board is fine, rumors and conspiracies are great.

Tell me which points are wrong.

It doesnt say it in the title of the article, moron.***

Nov 24, 2020, 6:58 AM [ in reply to It says it in the title of the article, moron.*** ]

Fixed it. Protocol =/= positive

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Nov 24, 2020, 6:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Pitt Had a Player Test Positive the Day of the FSU game. ]

Agreed. Let’s be better. Did he have to isolate because he had a positive Friday test or because it was determined he was in contact with a positive person. Big difference. FSU still had no right to cancel the game.

Nov 24, 2020, 7:19 AM

100% agree. Canceling is a shot at our medical staff, like Dabo said. Should not have cancelled the game.

POTD!!!***

Nov 23, 2020, 4:36 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Be Fun to Have Dabo or Clemson SID Tweet This

Nov 23, 2020, 5:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2020, 6:01 PM

Even more ammo for Clemson. The ACC needs to step in and force FSU to forfeit and to repay Clemson for $300,000 in expenses. Gone is the day when FSU was on top of it's game. Now they run from competition when they know they are about to get their butts handed to them. Clemson can't let this go and they need to bring up the FSU v Pitt game as evidence that FSU is full of sh**!!!!

#### Florida State.***

Nov 23, 2020, 11:37 PM

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic