Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Noose definition...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Noose definition...

Jun 24, 2020, 8:29 AM

Wiki
A noose is a loop at the end of a rope in which the knot tightens under load and can be loosened without. The knot can be used to secure a rope to a post or pole, but only where the end is in a position that the loop can be passed over.

Webster
A loop with a slipknot that binds closer the more it is drawn

NASCAR used the term very loosely and what I consider a reckless use of the word.
Anyone whoever has used a loop in a rope for a handle knows you don’t use a slip knot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Noose definition...

Jun 24, 2020, 8:49 AM

The over reaction and stupidity of that episode was unreal. Sheeple doesnt even begin to describe it. The people at the speedway could have explained that in 5 minutes. And if that were a nonsouthern speedway it probably wouldnt have even come up. And yet after this the media still calls the pull cord a noose. Just lying manipulative bozos trying to fan a non story into something sinister

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2020, 9:04 AM

Keep in mind that a New York police union sent out a breathless press release about how 3 of its officers had been poisoned at a Shake Shack, only to have to pull back every bit of that a week later. There is overreaction everywhere. I'm glad Nascar investigated, but yes, it's really unfortunate that, at the end, it turned out to be nothing to be worried about. At least it did not turn out to be a hoax, which would have been devastating.

Jun 24, 2020, 9:51 AM

I would say it was exactly a hoax. the media pulled it. I would bet that most of the other garages probably had ropes done that way for ease of closing. NASCAR controls what teams can do and when on cars during race week. when pic revealed it was part of the door pull it was obvious. the media reporting implied it was real rope fashioned into a hangmans noose and displayed in his gaarage only. those people who started that aspect of it need to be fired. Like not watching regular ESPN programming I have tuned out on most news because of the agenda driven reports. I'm down to watching weather and traffic

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2020, 11:56 AM

The media didn't do it. The only people that new about the "noose" was the crew member who found it, a track security member, and the NASCAR president. They could've hidden it if they wanted to

Jun 24, 2020, 12:45 PM

Who the h ell do you think ran with it , the race baiting media that’s who !
These libtard media companies hate Trump so much they rather have national unrest than to see him elected again.
I sure hope America is not stupid enough to vote sleeping Joe in. This would be the darkest period in history.

Jun 24, 2020, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Noose definition... ]

Yep but the media took that false narrative and spread it like wildfire because it fit their fake news narrative.....just like they always do.....the truth and facts are never reported anymore by these clowns only their lies and deceit.....Go Tigers!!!!

Jan 16, 2015, 10:04 AM

Enemy Of The People.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 24, 2020, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Noose definition... ]

I've seen dozens of nooses like that on garage doors and dock doors.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Jun 24, 2020, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Noose definition... ]

15 eff-bee-eye agents wasting their time and our money "investigating" a pull cord...Bubba Mollett and mama Mollett still whining about "they want to get you"... You're not helping your cause, "Bubba"...Just imagine the hue and cry if he got spun out and did 10 cartwheels...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2020, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Noose definition... ]

Keep in mind that a New York police union sent out a breathless press release about how 3 of its officers had been poisoned at a Shake Shack, only to have to pull back every bit of that a week later. There is overreaction everywhere. I'm glad Nascar investigated, but yes, it's really unfortunate that, at the end, it turned out to be nothing to be worried about. At least it did not turn out to be a hoax, which would have been devastating.

The story is the drivers and NASCAR showing solidarity that this type of "behavior" won't be tolerated. No harm was done by the drivers showing Bubba that they stand with him for the sake of inclusion. Thank God it may have not been a threatening action after all.

Jun 24, 2020, 9:03 AM

I really think the media is the problem these days, and its deliberate.
Man, football season can't get here soon enough....

Jun 25, 2020, 2:37 PM

The news media have a platform that’s too valuable to waste on news. They can be agents for social change, which is obviously more important than objectivity reporting news.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

And yet Wallace still says it's a noose. A pull rope doesn't

Jun 24, 2020, 9:13 AM

have a slip knot. If it did you never would fit your fingers in the loop in order to pull down on the rope.

wallace isn't too bright***

Jun 24, 2020, 9:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anybody with half a brain knows that was a loop knot

Jun 24, 2020, 9:40 AM

of the non-slip kind used by fisherman, Boy Scouts, etc

Only people who see the mythical Racist Boogeyman behind every nook and cranny cannot see this for themselves.

Re: Anybody with half a brain knows that was a loop knot

Jun 24, 2020, 9:42 AM

that includes Wallace himself

Re: Anybody with half a brain knows that was a loop knot

Jun 24, 2020, 1:41 PM

I'll buy the 1/2 brain part... And King Richard is a knucklehead kowtowing dingbat...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was with Bubba until a conversation this morning.

Jun 24, 2020, 9:49 AM

I had always looked at it like this: Bubba's crew member found what he thought was a noose hanging in the garage, and reported it to crew chief. Crew chief reports it to NASCAR. Bubba never saw the noose, only a picture of it, and he did not report it himself. NASCAR goes public and FBI is called in. It was a legitimate concern.

Then a friend laid it out like this: Crew member finds a rope pull handle obvioulsy attached to a roll up door in the garage, and somehow decides it is a hangman's noose. This is where the absurdity starts. Then it gets reported to NASCAR who then reports it as a noose. Then, before any investigation, they run with that and Bubba is trotted out to THE VIEW, of all places, where the story of a racial attack (hangman's noose) is regugitated to an outraged panel who further fans the flames. The, after an investigation (that took about 2 hours) by 15 FBI agents, it was determined that it was just a pull handle for a roll up garage door and had been there for at least 8 months. Original crew member, and everyone else who saw it from that point on, had to know it was a functional pull handle, not a hangman's noose. Yet they ran full bore with the noose story.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I was with Bubba until a conversation this morning.

Jun 24, 2020, 9:58 AM

the finder is an idiot then. if door is closed its on the floor. if door is open it is over by the side handle and is like most others in the garage probably. Just an innocent cord to help start the door down. If someone wanted to do a bad act with a rope it would be prominently displayed not over near the door track where it would be mostly unnoticed. I think the furor and investigation was designed to get additional viewers

It sure seems that way. I think the NASCAR brand is in

Jun 24, 2020, 10:15 AM

trouble as they decided some time ago to expand their brand, and in the process decided to abandon much of their core, traditional fan base if need be. This could have been calculated to draw in a younger, more national audience.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: It sure seems that way. I think the NASCAR brand is in

Jun 24, 2020, 10:23 AM

I agree. They had a good loyal regional following. They went corporate and glitzed it up dropping some events and tracks that really made them. Their desire to be national really has not worked out

I'm also confused at this part

Jun 24, 2020, 11:39 AM [ in reply to I was with Bubba until a conversation this morning. ]

Here's part of Nascar's statement a few days ago:

"Nascar, in its statement on the noose found in Wallace's locker, said it is “angry and outraged” and that it launched an immediate investigation to find who perpetrated the act. “This act only strengthens our resolve to make the sport open and welcoming to all,” Nascar said"

It says they found it in his locker. Maybe that's a very broad term for the entire garage, but my initial thought was it was hanging in an actual locker along with I assume his racing gear, clothes, etc. But now it was hanging at the garage door?

Clemson

Pics show it hanging as a pull rope attached to the garage

Jun 24, 2020, 11:47 AM

door. So your question is a good one. Do you have a link?

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Pics show it hanging as a pull rope attached to the garage

Jun 24, 2020, 11:51 AM

https://www.wsj.com/articles/noose-found-in-bubba-wallaces-garage-at-talladega-11592798167#:~:text=Nascar%2C%20in%20its%20statement%20on,to%20all%2C%E2%80%9D%20Nascar%20said.

That mentions locker at the bottom, but other places say 'garage stall', so it may just be shoddy/lazy reporting. The article above references both, and not sure how anyone would confuse the two

https://twitter.com/MartySmithESPN/status/1274897335814946816

Clemson

Jun 24, 2020, 8:48 PM [ in reply to I was with Bubba until a conversation this morning. ]

Where is the noose in question , has anyone seen it and who has it. Looks as if rope was cut.

Jun 24, 2020, 8:49 PM [ in reply to I was with Bubba until a conversation this morning. ]

Where is the noose in question , has anyone seen it and who has it. Looks as if rope was cut.

Jun 25, 2020, 2:35 PM [ in reply to I was with Bubba until a conversation this morning. ]

I had always looked at it like this: Bubba's crew member found what he thought was a noose hanging in the garage, and reported it to crew chief. Crew chief reports it to NASCAR. Bubba never saw the noose, only a picture of it, and he did not report it himself. NASCAR goes public and FBI is called in. It was a legitimate concern.

Then a friend laid it out like this: Crew member finds a rope pull handle obvioulsy attached to a roll up door in the garage, and somehow decides it is a hangman's noose. This is where the absurdity starts. Then it gets reported to NASCAR who then reports it as a noose. Then, before any investigation, they run with that and Bubba is trotted out to THE VIEW, of all places, where the story of a racial attack (hangman's noose) is regugitated to an outraged panel who further fans the flames. The, after an investigation (that took about 2 hours) by 15 FBI agents, it was determined that it was just a pull handle for a roll up garage door and had been there for at least 8 months. Original crew member, and everyone else who saw it from that point on, had to know it was a functional pull handle, not a hangman's noose. Yet they ran full bore with the noose story.

Add to that the other teams were browbeat into pushing his car from the garage to pit road while he cried like a little bit$$.

A hangman's not is a far cry from two half-hitches.

Jun 24, 2020, 9:56 AM

A noose is a SPECIFIC type of slipknot.

And yes, only an idiot (with a sore wrist) uses a slipknot for a rope handle.

It seems abundantly clear...

Jun 24, 2020, 10:00 AM

that both NeckCar and Bubba Wallace are just desperate for media attention that they would be unable to garner without a good racially motivated conspiracy theory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I have a loop knot hanging from my attic access door

Jun 24, 2020, 10:02 AM

in my garage.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I have a loop knot hanging from my attic access door

Jun 24, 2020, 10:26 AM

That's racist!!! :)

I don't know which is more troublesome;

Jun 24, 2020, 10:11 AM

the media's unrelenting stirring the pot over BS or the fact that the FBI actually sent 15 agents to "investigate" this BS. Amazing how the FBI put so many resources into this silly charade yet they still can't tell us exactly what happened in the Las Vegas mass shooting incident from 2017...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know which is more troublesome;

Jun 24, 2020, 10:31 AM

I'll bet they were all there in their little navy suits. I went to high school w a guy who went into the FBI. He was the exact type egomaniac you'd think he would be in that job when I knew him. They cant find anyone related to Jeffrey Epstein or question Prince Andrew but they have 15 guys available for the garage door incident

Jun 24, 2020, 10:30 AM

https://globalnews.ca/news/3463547/journalists-brains-function-below-average-study/

Thinking that ailment is not just limited to journalists.***

Jun 24, 2020, 10:41 AM

From the few I’ve known or personally observed

Jun 24, 2020, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Noose definition... ]

Their starting point prior to the booze and caffeine is nothing to brag about. I always took journalism to be the default for those that couldn’t aspire to Dr., Engineer, Teacher, Historian, etc. so this study makes sense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Stopped Using This Kind of Knot When Fishing***

Jun 24, 2020, 11:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2020, 11:49 AM

Ya because black people are the only humans on the face of the planet to ever hear the word, "noose." No white people, Asians, Jews, Latinos have EVER been hanged...ever. We should ALL know that.

If minorities really are serious about offensive words in history, then the word "Democrat" should be immediately cancelled. No word has oppressed more thoughout our history.

Excellent point

Jun 24, 2020, 1:52 PM

Same with slavery and also lynching (in regards to nooses). No one race has a monopoly on the evils of this world either as doer or victim.

Jun 24, 2020, 1:33 PM

That dood should change his name to Bubba Mollett...

Jun 24, 2020, 2:20 PM

How many people out there know that Bubba is mixed race, his father is white, mother is black. Bubba's GF is also white. I wonder how many of these people who have taken to the Bubba PR stuff really know this. As for Petty keeping Bubba it is because he has a sponsor for now. NASCAR blew this one. The loop, noose, rope whatever had been there. The team who had that garage at the 2019 fall race stated it saw it last October, only thing is they waited until Tuesday to issue a statement about knowing it was there.

Re: Apologies...Has Nascar apologized to it's fans and the

Jun 24, 2020, 6:07 PM

General public for being wrong? Seems that would help with some unity during these crazy times.

Being woke

Jun 24, 2020, 6:29 PM

Means never having to say you’re sorry.

Re: Apologies...Has Nascar apologized to it's fans and the

Jun 24, 2020, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Apologies...Has Nascar apologized to it's fans and the ]

Nascar has never realized they were wrong, much less admit it. They should have kept this mess in house and investigated themselves, I guess they skipped the local authorities and went straight FBI. Maybe that's the way it works with a situation like this. I don't have to say on here how much Nascar has hurt themselves the last however many years. I have followed it for 50 years and I am a Richard Petty fan. RP is only being used as a figure head for that team, he is a very minority owner. The main owner is in the Taxi Cab business in NY, Medallion Cabs or something to that effect is the name. I hate all this crap happened for Richards sake. He was only at Talladega on Monday after the news broke about the so called noose. He was there for Bubba. Bubba you have done enough interviews on this, enough is enough. Put your efforts into driving the race car. Another thing people have forgotten or never knew, Brian France during his unsuccessful time as the Nascar President tried to remove the Confederate Flag, that worked out well too didn't it, but everything he touched didn't work out well. Nascar once again you blew it!

Jun 26, 2020, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Noose definition... ]

Why exactly does any of that matter?

I've used several pull down ropes

Jun 25, 2020, 1:56 PM
i.jfif(58.1 K)

And never one that looked like this

Re: I've used several pull down ropes

Jun 25, 2020, 2:41 PM

Where was that? It's obviously not this particular incident.

Jun 26, 2020, 9:27 AM

That is the exact picture that NASCAR took of the noose they found. It's been all over the news...

Jun 26, 2020, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: I've used several pull down ropes ]

BigPurdy said:

Where was that? It's obviously not this particular incident.

Now that you see the picture that NASCAR reported, and the accompanying statement, are you willing to concede that this was NOT an overreaction by anyone. If you believe what the FBI reports, it is a horrible coincidence. But that my friend, is the only "pull down rope" (lol) in all of NASCAR that looks anything close to that.

You will also notice that no one on the "hoax" side of things is willing to accept new information.

Jun 26, 2020, 4:23 PM

Nicely staged rope,took longest to find image of noose.

Jun 26, 2020, 6:00 PM

CRSTIGER said:

Nicely staged rope,took longest to find image of noose.

Who does your conspiracy theory actually benefit?

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic