Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Percentage of Ganecock Fans to Clemson fans in SC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 451

Percentage of Ganecock Fans to Clemson fans in SC

Jul 30, 2017, 2:35 PM

I read an article 2 years ago ( before our two year run) that had 2/3 the state that was either Gamecock fans or leaned to SC and the other 1/3 as Clemson. Do y'all agree with this and also do you think it has changed in the past 2 years? Living in Greenville I think it's 2/3 Clemson for this area of the state

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Percentage of Ganecock Fans to Clemson fans in SC

Jul 30, 2017, 2:40 PM

Those who get Clemson are fans. Those who dont arent needed anyway

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2017, 2:41 PM

That's so hard to say. I was born and raised in the Lowcountry but have lived in the upstate for several years. I have just as many coot fans (bless their hearts) as Tiger fans in my life, I wouldn't say one fan base significantly outnumbers the other in the home state. I've never counted though

Wasn't that study based on Facebook analytics by state?***

Jul 30, 2017, 2:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wasn't that study based on Facebook analytics by state?***

Jul 30, 2017, 2:48 PM

Yes and I think it probably 60-40 Gamecock in reality. Bigger City and many more students. Plus until recently if you weren't from here and moved here, the vast majority not in Greenville and Anderson area associated with SCar

SCAR has a significantly larger alumni base & they also have

Jul 30, 2017, 3:01 PM

a school of journalism as well as a law school. Being centrally located is also in their favor with about an 80 year head start.

With all this against them, Clemson has had a tough uphill battle to become the premier academic institution and the most successful athletic program in the Palmetto State.

But, somehow they succeeded!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think 2/3 is a fair assessment

Jul 30, 2017, 3:24 PM

USuC is a larger school with numerous campuses spread throughout the state. There's more access to USuC.... Not everyone can be part of the elite university of the state which we know as Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are almost 100 years older, in Capital with Legislative power, one of 13

Jul 30, 2017, 3:50 PM

original Colony State Universities..

plus we Po Taters had to have Pitchfork Ben Tillman cast the freaking tie-breaking vote to approve our A & M College existence!

YES, they have a huge Pyramid size base of 100 extra years to get where they are..

but know our fine Military background with the unique Esprit de Corps (remember when Obama sounded this word with a S on it?!) and our whipping up on them in football at their Columbia stadium every year from 1897 (Sadly they won 1st game) till 1959 (I attended as a RAT) makes CLEMSON so different, and I truly believe they are so jealous of our robust, vocal & supportive fan base as well as our beautuful campus!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are almost 100 years older, in Capital with Legislative power, one of 13

Jul 30, 2017, 4:15 PM

We prefer quality over quantity in everything Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds about right

Jul 30, 2017, 6:09 PM

I'd say in the Lowcountry Clemson fans are outnumbered at least 2:1, maybe 3:1. In Florence and Myrtle Beach it's even higher. Although it's pretty hard to find a diehard Gamecock fan lately.

Jul 30, 2017, 6:53 PM

Seems to be about 60/40 in favor of SC within the state. Nationally, Clemson has much more name recognition. When people hear the name Clemson they think college football. When they hear University of South Carolina they say, "Oh yeah, that's the school with a ##### for a mascot".

Replies: 10
| visibility 451
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic