Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Per Korncoot.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,589

Per Korncoot.....

Oct 8, 2015, 7:55 AM

MIke Williams has told coaches that, due to neck injury, he will be back next year. I had assumed he would go pro. If this is true, it would be spectacular.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Per Korncoot.....

Oct 8, 2015, 7:56 AM

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20151007/PSPORTS02/151009766/-1/psports02

it makes sense

Oct 8, 2015, 7:56 AM

He has first round talent and any NFL scout will see that. However, he would drop significantly because teams would not know exactly how well his neck injury healed. They will want to see him play a full year of football again to know for sure his neck is fine. After that he will be a first round pick IMO.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2015, 7:57 AM

if this is true it is great. I never trust korncoot though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2015, 8:10 AM

I still don't understand why Kornblut has access to the players or coaches beyond press conferences.....if gamecock phil wants to earn his check reporting on recruiting, thats one thing, but allowing him to creep around Tiger players is another......his words and actions in the past speak to his untrustworthiness

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2015, 8:18 AM

the explanation i have heard is he could do even more damage if he is cut off. he does have a statewide radio show and the phone numbers of all recruits. we just have to hold our nose and put up with him. sucks, but that is a reason.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

emphasis on "creep"***

Oct 8, 2015, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Per Korncoot..... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

You can't blame Mike if he turns pro, he just saw Bryant do

Oct 8, 2015, 8:38 AM

it with great success after having a less than a "Sammy/Nuk like year". The pro scouts will be concerned about his recovery and would like to see more before investing a first round pick in him (not to say he is not worth the gamble.....one just never knows after a neck injury). From Mike's perspective, he could see it as another year with an awesome QB, an O line that can give him time to run his routes and show out and be involved with a team that is only going to get better with the young talent that is maturing. Not to mention, it is another year in God's Country as the BMOC. I won't be suprised either way, but I hope he returns to have a monster year and be drafted #1 in the next draft, catching passes from the Heisman Trophy winner.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: You can't blame Mike if he turns pro, he just saw Bryant do

Oct 8, 2015, 8:52 AM

Uhhh. Bryant was a 1st round talent that went in the 3rd round. To make his real money he has to survive 3-4 years for his 2nd contract. Add in that Bryant did get lucky to get drafted by the Steelers which was a perfect place for him. He has all the talent in the world which everyone knew and he sold himself short, but it appears that it will end just fine. Derrick Hamilton is the opposite example...same level of talent. Jumped early, 3rd round, got hurt before his 2nd contract.

I think Williams if he has 1st round ability and if he doesn't have to jump for personal reasons... he needs to come back.

consider the source***

Oct 8, 2015, 9:24 AM

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,589
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic