Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
People Watching Can Be Entertauning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

People Watching Can Be Entertauning

Jun 28, 2020, 3:30 PM

What we, as humans, do and how we react to certain situations can be a fun thing. I was never one who liked to shop so when my wife and daughters would go shopping and I was drug along, I would look for a bench in a mall. One of the best people watching area for me in a mall was near a store that sold musical instruments including pianos, organs and the like. If the store had one of the employees playing an organ, there were people who would go up and "ask, "can you play my favorite song"? I actually didn't hear them ask the question, I just learned from observation that was the question. To be truthful, I enjoyed the music too.

Have you ever watched people going through the line at a salad bar? Did you ever notice those who can't make up their mind which items they want and then there are those who attempt to put a generous portion of every item on the salad bar in a small bowl? Years ago, when Ryan's had a restaurant in almost every town in South Carolina, I watched a lady who was preparing her dish to hold some of everything on the bar. She was slow and deliberate, holding up the line on her side of the bar. When she got to the sliced cucumbers, she carefully selected each slice of cucumber and began building sideboards around her salad bowl. She kept adding items and then arrived at the different salad dressings. There was no way she was going to place any salad dressing on that overloaded bowl and not have the dressing run all over the place. She sat the bowl on the board near the bar, took one hand and pressed that pile of salad items down in the bowl. Now she had room for the dressing.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the same vein, Golden Corral is worth the hefty price tag

Jun 28, 2020, 6:20 PM

to people watch. The clientele at that place was amazing. Hopefully, they'll survive the pandemic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your comment about salads reminds me of a guy at my first

Jun 28, 2020, 6:23 PM

job in the chemical industry. Our plant ran 24/7, and had their own cafeteria. They had two different price salads, price based on the size of the disposable salad bowl. The "Space Cadet", as we nicknamed this individual, would use those tiny tomatoes offered on the salad bar as edging, and built a near foot tall salad, in the small priced bowl. He could probably not get away with that now, but back then all it got him was dirty looks from the cashier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People Watching Can Be Entertauning

Jun 28, 2020, 7:15 PM

You should sit at any boat ramp around 4pm on Sunday afternoon when boats are lined up to depart the lake. You'll see some funny stuff right there! Drunks. Family arguments. People falling in.
Can't back up the trailer.

Jun 28, 2020, 7:22 PM

I ran a boat ramp through high school in college, could write a book on the stories.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2020, 9:12 PM

My wife, one of my daughters and I were in a Ryan's in Greenville many years ago. I did not have a good view of the people at a table near us but my wife and daughter did. At the table was a couple with a young daughter about 10 - 12 and the Mother (We assumed) of one of the parents. My wife and daughter kept laughing for a long time and I asked hem what was so funny. They told me they would tell me when we left. First, the Mother of the child came from the salad bar with what looked to be a bowl of nothing but pepperoni. She took a large plastic container out of her pocketbook, held it in her lap and dumped the pepperoni in the container. She made another trip to the salad bar and returned with the bowl filled with pepperoni and dumped it in the container. She made a third trip to the salad bar and returned with a salad for her "in house" consumption.

When we were ready to check out, they were just ahead of us at the cashier's station and my wife indicated to me in a sly manner that they were the ones apparently on a pepperoni binge. Near the cashier was a bowl of mints and tongs. The lady couldn't get many mints with the tongs so she took one hand and grabbed as many as she could. After they were out of hearing range, I asked my wife and daughter if they would like some after dinner mints. Doth declined and so did I.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2020, 9:48 PM

I used to work for Sysco foodservice. One of my accounts was a "Chinese buffet" .... The all you can eat kind. I was on my way in to talk to the owner. As i was walking in, I saw him racing around trying to do something. Now, the owner was usually on top of things and panic wasnt a normal mode for him. His wife was close by, so I asked her what was going on. She asks if I saw the tall fat man leaving..... Yes. He ate 8 plates of food. When he went back for the last plate, he made it as far as his table before he projectile vomited all over his table and the surrounding area. That was a day noone was likely to forget.

Jun 28, 2020, 10:12 PM

I witnessed a guy at the mall the other day, put his hand down his pants and scratch his butt. Then he smelled his hand and didn’t even stop at the food court bathroom to wash up.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic