Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pass rush
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,936

Pass rush

Jan 2, 2021, 11:34 PM

Love my tigers. Last night will never change that we will continue to go in the right direction. I just want to know why it seems we have trouble generating a pass rush at times. We have talented players. And I've never understood the rushing just 3 over and over again. That's tough to get home no matter who's rushing

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Little bit of holding, little bit of a physical OL and

Jan 3, 2021, 1:14 AM

A lot of great play by Fields.He made all the right decisions as far as when and where to scramble,and pinpoint passing to top it off.

We were held/tackled on every play against the Bucknuts,

Jan 3, 2021, 10:04 AM

which is one big reason they "manhandled" our defense. It was the worst, most blatant, "I dare you to call it" holding I've ever seen in my life, and the refs only called it once, late in the game after the ###-kicking was well under way. Look, that's no excuse, they kicked our ### all over the field in every way, from start to finish, and the were the better team by far, but their incredibly blatant, egregious holding is a fact.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Pass rush

Jan 3, 2021, 10:25 AM

Officials don't lose/win games. Teams do. Having said that, there is a difference between the way conferences interpret rules. Solution: combine refs into regional pools that cross conference borders. Crews would work ACC one week, SEC next, then AAC, etc. By postseason teams would know what constitutes a hold, PI, etc. And would also eliminate charges of BIAS.

Jan 3, 2021, 10:40 AM

There shouldn’t be conference officials - should just be NCAA officials. We’ve seen the same problem in basketball - ACC calls a tight game during the season and then you end up with “no blood, no foul” Big East officiating in the tourney, you sudden find yourself playing a different game than you have all year.

Having said that, our line could certainly improve their ability to get off their blocks. I’m excited where Bressee and Murphy are right now - they look incredible for freshman - but the problem is we are still relying a lot on the young talent than if we had seasoned, fully grown beasts out there like we did in 2018. Just where we found ourselves in the cycle for several reasons.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Pass rush ]

There shouldn’t be conference officials - should just be NCAA officials. We’ve seen the same problem in basketball - ACC calls a tight game during the season and then you end up with “no blood, no foul” Big East officiating in the tourney, you sudden find yourself playing a different game than you have all year.

Having said that, our line could certainly improve their ability to get off their blocks. I’m excited where Bressee and Murphy are right now - they look incredible for freshman - but the problem is we are still relying a lot on the young talent than if we had seasoned, fully grown beasts out there like we did in 2018. Just where we found ourselves in the cycle for several reasons.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 10:32 AM

HOLDING galore!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,936
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic