Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
PSA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

PSA

Jun 17, 2020, 8:32 PM

The Blood Connection will perform a free Covid antibody test on everyone who donates a pint of blood. Blood Connection has locations statewide. It’s based in Greenville but my wife and I donated blood in Charleston last week. We also got $20 each as a thank-you.
Give blood. There is a huge shortage and get tested for the covid antibody at the same time for free.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have a location in Seneca.***

Jun 17, 2020, 8:45 PM

Re: PSA

Jun 17, 2020, 8:59 PM

I will be home next week , where is the Charleston location ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 17, 2020, 11:41 PM

Just off I-26 at Remount road exit. Across the interstate from jones ford.

Jun 18, 2020, 7:28 AM

Got it . That's a worthy cause , and the free antibody test is the kicker .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 17, 2020, 10:46 PM

I'm having the covid-19 test tomorrow at 11:40 AM at the fairgrounds. I haven't been sick or anything like that, but, I want to check and see if I had been exposed before the protective equipment was suggested to be worn. It's free, so why not, and I only live about 15-20 minutes from the fairgrounds. Since the covid-19 pandemic, I haven't been around anybody without a mask and latex gloves that I remove and throw away as soon a I walk out of a place of business and wash my hands well with germicide before I get into my vehicle. I use the Clemson theme face mask that I spray with 90% alcohol as soon as I get in my vehicle. I do believe that remaining strict with all safety precautions is the best way for me to stay well, and unaffected by the covid-19 virus, and it's gotten now to where i'll grab up my safety gear before I get the keys for my vehicle. Stay safe Tiger Nation, and be smart and don't bring something home that could kill one of your closest most loved ones!!! Don't be a coot, and give a hoot about the people you care about....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2020, 11:00 PM

I've gone total opposite direction. I've not worn a mask, gloves, no social distancing and rush up and offer strangers a tissue and bless you when they sneeze.

Glad both of our methods have kept each of us along with our families and loved ones safe!

You must be related to Howie Mandel.....

Jun 18, 2020, 7:21 AM [ in reply to Re: PSA ]

Just kidding - always good to be safe. But let us know the results - if you have been exposed after all of that the rest of us have no chance of avoiding it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You must be related to Howie Mandel.....

Jun 18, 2020, 7:29 AM

+1. Agree, Good grief, I wouldn't get anything done if I did all of that. Besides the masks that have the bands that go behind the ears get caught up in my hearing aids.

Jun 18, 2020, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: PSA ]

"Don't be a coot, and give a hoot about the people you care about.... "

So you'll be continuing this behavior basically forever? Because that's what it will take. You don't want to bring home the flu, because that could end up killing the people you care about (COVID killing about 2 or 3 for every one flu kills), and until there's a 100% effective vaccine for COVID and every gets the shot, it'll still be out there among the population waiting to strike the next unsuspecting person down (unless you're at a protest, in which case the virus leaves you alone, unless the protest is against COVID lockdown orders). But the flu will still be out there, waiting to kill 30k or 50k or 61k (like it did in 2017-18).

So don't let your loved ones down. Or do you only care about killing your loved ones with COVID and killing them with the flu is ok?

Allin, I'm not trying to pick on you personally, but am getting tired of this notion that we need to protect our loved ones from disease, when we never gave a rat's butt before. H1N1 flu killed 61K people in 2017-18, maybe as many as 90K and we didn't do ANY of this stuff. Flu in general averages killing about 30k people every year (10k-50k or so range, some years better, some years worse). But we don't do ANY of this stuff to avoid killing those people with the flu. And COVID's not going to go away any more than the flu is. So we either learn to accept the risks and live with it like we do with the flu, or we continue with social distancing, masks, sanitization, business shutdowns forever.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did this and it took about 4 days for results to show up

Jun 18, 2020, 8:04 AM

negative for me.

go to their website and you can find donation centers. Also, if you create an account, you can sign up for donation (schedule it) and also they will send you that long questionnaire before you go so you can fill it out ahead of time.

https://thebloodconnection.org/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic