Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
P&R Outrage Consistency Check
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

P&R Outrage Consistency Check

Nov 19, 2018, 8:07 PM

If you were mad about Hillary doing it, get on in this thread and show your consistency.

P.S. I thought Hillary should have faced punishment for her emails. Thanks for playing!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ivanka-trump-used-a-personal-email-account-to-send-hundreds-of-emails-about-government-business-last-year/2018/11/19/6515d1e0-e7a1-11e8-a939-9469f1166f9d_story.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

very interesting. Did Ivanka destroy her emails as well?

Nov 19, 2018, 8:15 PM

very strange.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: P&R Outrage Consistency Check

Nov 19, 2018, 9:50 PM

The only consistent thing about conservatives is they want to plss off the libs. Nothing else matters to them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm outraged.

Nov 19, 2018, 10:49 PM

I guess she wasn't paying attention to her father's major campaign speaking points, and didn't realize what the "locker up" chant was about.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When did Wikileaks publish all those hundreds to the world?***

Nov 20, 2018, 12:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When did Wikileaks publish all those hundreds to the world?***

Nov 20, 2018, 7:07 AM

you mean the ones trump jr hired roger stone and Julian Assange to help the trump campaign get from the Russians? I believe the charge here is conspiracy, you know, trading stolen US government documents. I doubt this is a big deal though, or anyone goes to prison or anything like that, I bet every one gets away scot free or holes up in an Ecuadorian embassy.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/10/wikileaks-hacked-emails-trump-campaign-robert-mueller

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, that makes it all the more unusual

Nov 20, 2018, 7:43 AM

That the Obama justice dept never charged Assange with anything but the Trump justice dept is.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/16/us/politics/julian-assange-indictment-wikileaks.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, that makes it all the more unusual

Nov 20, 2018, 7:48 AM

you mean back when, then head of the CIA, Mike Pompeo and recently fired Jeff Sessions spearheaded this? or is this something new?

Message was edited by: Tigerbalm1®

This has nothing to do with that.

Nov 20, 2018, 8:29 AM

I suspect some Mueller tie-ins but we will see.

And who appointed Jeff Sessions? I’m not sure how that would negate this indictment occurring under the Trump admin when the Obama admin admittedly kept a hands-off policy to Assange.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This has nothing to do with that.

Nov 22, 2018, 4:47 AM

remembering back I do not think Obama was too keen on Assange, can only guess from there. I have seen some argue that you can not prove espionage with him in how he got the info, and what he publishes is factual. I imagine Assange also made a lot of friends when he released those emails. Oddly none of us have every read them, but a lot of us are sure there is a smoking gun in there.

Don’t have a WaPo subscription and I’m not paying them $1

Nov 20, 2018, 7:46 AM

What’s the scoop....does she have top level security clearance and were any of the emails classified as top secret or confidential? If so, yeah, count me in.

Top level security clearance? Yes.

Nov 20, 2018, 8:15 AM

As for the content, TBD.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Nov 20, 2018, 8:31 AM

THAT GIRL is stupid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope it did not result in national security info being

Nov 20, 2018, 8:37 AM

compromised. Mrs. Trump, if wrongdoing is found, should be punished accordingly.

The primary reaction to this story, like most others, is not concern about what actually happened. It's about scoring "points" for one's "side". I've seen a couple of people actually post in a joyous manner about this troubling news (this thread not an example of that).

I don't spend any time trying to remember what various people were "outraged" about in the past, anyway. Who cares? Congratulations, I just won internet points, because so-and-so might be a hypocrite!!!

I just hope our government officials operate their technology in a secure manner.

There’s a lot of that around these days.

Nov 20, 2018, 8:49 AM

It’s the argument of a child.

If a predecessor’s actions are brought up (that they agreed with), the response is “no bu-bu-butting”, but they’re usually the first ones to try to call out hypocrisy if something they defended in the past happens to someone they now disagree with.

It’s completely unproductive and the board is full of it. I’m not completely innocent but I’m trying to get better.

I feel like we all do this, and it's kind of natural...

Nov 20, 2018, 9:12 AM

I don't do it so much in politics because I don't really have anybody I can enthusiastically get behind, but I can see it in myself when it comes to sports. I'll tend to look for the good in the team I like, and look for the bad in the team I don't.

It's just unfortunate so many people spend time trying to play "gotcha" with their friends and acquaintances when it comes to important current events. What good does that do? It's just a form of ad hominem that doesn't address or solve any issue.

Families like the Trump’s & Clinton’s believe they are above

Nov 20, 2018, 8:55 AM

the law. Furthermore they believe the public will believe any lie they sprew. These folks are really cut from the same cloth. Their arrogance and BS is off the charts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

False equivalence.

Nov 20, 2018, 8:59 AM

The Trump Crime Family has no peer in national politics. They don't even try to hide it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

get help.....***

Nov 20, 2018, 9:09 AM

Re: get help.....***

Nov 20, 2018, 10:12 AM

Are you sure they aren't shady?

I'm not saying that they aren't.....

Nov 20, 2018, 10:15 AM

I'm saying Chuck's over-the-top bias that doesn't allow him to see equal Clinton shadiness indicates all the neurons might not be firing properly up there.

I'm not even sure what Ivanka's job is.

Nov 20, 2018, 9:11 AM

Is she secretary of state? Were any of those emails top secret?

Re: I'm not even sure what Ivanka's job is.

Nov 20, 2018, 9:18 AM

The only way to find out is to turn them over.

Nov 20, 2018, 9:22 AM [ in reply to I'm not even sure what Ivanka's job is. ]

Nobody knows what her job is. Not even Ivanka.

So those emails must be real important then***

Nov 20, 2018, 2:56 PM

That's what the discovery process is all about.

Nov 20, 2018, 4:33 PM

Getting to the bottom of this. It seems likely, given her closeness to the president and her role in foreign policy in his administration, that she has exchanged classified information with others via email.

Only one way to get to the truth. Given the pathological nature of the lying from the Trump Crime Family, we certainly won't get the truth from them.

lol...you argued that Hillary, the secretary of state, never

Nov 21, 2018, 10:07 AM

sent classified emails from her own account because none of the 30K or so that were missing were ever found.

But now you're saying that because Ivanka is Trumps daughter, it's likely she sent classified emails, because...Trumps daughter.

Jebus dude, its like the hate just flows through ans washes away any common sense you have.

Re: The only way to find out is to turn them over.

Nov 21, 2018, 10:14 AM [ in reply to The only way to find out is to turn them over. ]

not sure why everyone has to hate on her so badly or give such harsh treatment. She is working to help expand STEM programs, she has been working on womens right issues all over the world and she is a great public speaker and highly educated.

Why beat up on her so bad? She is freaking beautiful and hasnt caused any kind of waves. Ok, so her line of clothing was made in China.....who freaking cares?

Is it because she married a Jewish man who is also on the Trump team? Is it because she is converted and is now Jewish?

If she were a liberal or black, all the media would talk about is how stunning her outfits are and how smart and engaging she is on womens right issues.

Republican - check
Smart - check
beautiful - check

Media - IGNORE HER!

Its much simpler than all that.

Nov 21, 2018, 10:30 AM

Her dad is Trump.

TRUMP BAD

the mens rea is not the same for Ivanka and Hillary***

Nov 20, 2018, 10:04 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: P&R Outrage Consistency Check

Nov 21, 2018, 12:22 PM

There is a difference:

1. Ivanka sent some work related emails via her personal email. None of these emails contained classified information, and when Ivanka was informed that this action was not allowed, she stopped immediately and allowed authorities access to all of her data.

2. Hillary, who had been in her position and similar positions with these security regulations for decades, established an illegal server for mass data transmission in her house. The server was set up in secret, unknown to the government or security officials. Hillary's server was also not secure in anyway. She also used this server to transmit classified information in a manner that is deemed illegal. When she was caught, she refused to cooperate, and then proceeded to destroy the evidence with bleachbit software, and then destroyed the physical hardware.

Those are 2 MONUMENTALLY different actions. Ivanka's error is comparable to forgetting to return a library book on time. Hillary's CRIME was comparable to actual treason, robbing a bank, insider trading, etc.

As someone who has worked with a security clearance, I would be in prison if I did what Hillary did.

You realize, that if I ACCIDENTALLY took home a single piece of paper that had classified info on it, even if it was on accident, I would be fired, have my clearance permanently revoked, and imprisoned on felony charges for up to 10 years.

I realize that Catahoula has agreed Hillary should be punished, so when I say "you" I refer to any moron that thinks she did "nothing wrong".

“P.S. I thought Hilary should have faced

Nov 21, 2018, 9:45 PM

punishment for her emails.”

What punishment should she have faced? What punishment should Ivanka face? Are the two scenarios exactly the same in your opinion?

null

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic