Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our new football reality
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Our new football reality

Dec 31, 2019, 7:53 PM

We used to be the upstart darlings from other fan bases and media. Not anymore, we are the hated. SEC hates us, as we are the biggest threats to their dominance. Everyone else hates us cause they ain’t us. Also, Dabo style is wearing on everyone. He is ours and we see the great in him, but others see him as over dramatic and over selling too much. Everyone loves a feel good story of the new guy on top, but stay there too long and they will try very very hard to discredit and take you down. Time to grow thick skins and don’t take all this negativity hard. Stay above it, no need to constantly defend ourselves. Let Dabo and the team take care of business. We are here for the long term

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are obviously a good Clemson man!***

Dec 31, 2019, 7:56 PM

Re: Our new football reality

Dec 31, 2019, 8:01 PM

Sort of like the Yankees! You love them or you hate them. Not a pinstripe fan but, in this case, I guess it’s good company. Go Tigers

Dec 31, 2019, 8:09 PM

When you have become hated so much and jealous of you know right then and there that you have arrived as one of the elite programs because not many fans other than yours like a dominate winner...Thank You Dabo sincerely

Dec 31, 2019, 8:14 PM

People calling Dabo fake, I just shake my head in disbelief.

Dec 31, 2019, 8:12 PM

You sound like Kelly Gramlich and are probably right.

Dec 31, 2019, 10:01 PM

Kelly Gramlich is really good. Her sports knowledge is way beyond her years. Her fiancé is a good looking guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

The BCS era and the merger of ESPiN and the SEC created...

Dec 31, 2019, 8:21 PM

a hate for the SEC beyond normal. ESPiN pushed every SEC team into the top 25 and often had as many as 7 SEC teams in the top 10. After SEC teams played three D2 teams ESPiN would swap them around and prove they belonged by using the BCS computer and their votes both of which were founded on preseason polls loaded with SEC teams.

After a decade of that the SEC became bigger than life. Everyone else in the nation was fed up with the SEC. Clemson definitely benefited from that hate. Now, we're getting some of that same hate but we're not hyped. We deserve it for defending our position at the top. Feels pretty good to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In BCS era, we'd have been watching from home

Dec 31, 2019, 8:26 PM

How many B1G titles should be questioned for playing league games and winning Rose Bowl? At least it is settled on field now. USC used to be good too I suppose to give a decent challenge.

^^^Truth.***

Dec 31, 2019, 9:54 PM [ in reply to The BCS era and the merger of ESPiN and the SEC created... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

The time to get upset is when we're NOT mentioned....

Dec 31, 2019, 8:41 PM

Enjoy the jealous wannabes.....the time to get upset is when we're left out and not part of the discussion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 8:44 PM

I don’t hate you. I’m going to feel sorry for you in a couple weeks.

Dec 31, 2019, 9:36 PM

No you are not, either way. I'll buy you a drink in NO after the game. Should I look for you at the LaFitte in Exile?

Dec 31, 2019, 9:48 PM

Excellent post.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 9:57 PM

You nailed it.....POTD......Go Tigers!!!!!!

Dec 31, 2019, 9:57 PM

You nailed it.....POTD......Go Tigers!!!!!!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic