Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our coaches do love to talk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Our coaches do love to talk

Oct 22, 2013, 4:49 AM

But lately they sure have toned it down and looked uncomfortable since Saturday. Bout time. I'm so tired of all this patting each other on the back so early in the season. After the sc state garbage, I could clearly see big red signs. But apparently they were too busy finding excuses and dismissing it because they supposedly wanted to get other players work. Then they didn't play well and it was just too much time between games to really click. Then it was the poor first half at BC and it was because BC was just a dog gone good football team. Always one excuse after another to allow crappy play. Then finally a team with whom we can't play that poorly and win and now they say we got ten players not playing well out of eleven . Apparently I can see it but I'm just an ignorant fan. I guess when you get paid millions to see it you become so busy spinning things that you forget to coach .

Some people sat in line for days for this game. This crappy effort. Some folks spent a weeks pay or more for the average person just to attend the game and some of you criticize them for not staying the entire time. How stupid. Fans have every right to leave when your team plays that bad and you soon realize that you wasted all your time energy and money on a bunch of pretenders always running their mouth and spewing sunshine . It was a disgrace . And then to top it off you got morons talking about how much we got left to play for and how it's just one game. Lol. Wow! More sunshine. Clearly the only thing we can hope to do is beat USUCK. We can't win the division , the conference or the NC. Maybe a decent bowl. But that's it .

Oh and let's not forget the recruits Saturday. That game really had to sting. All this talk of a different Clemson looked like bs. The coaches didn't have us prepared at all. It was sad.

I know .... Let's just keep looking at the bright side. The bright side is the same reason we kept Tommy Bowden for ten years too long.

How bout we shut up and play ball and stop doing talk shows and interviews all day and actually play ball. How bout we stop pretending and actually show up. Pathetic......

Embarrassing.......

We CLEMSONED yet again on the grandest stage of all . Wes welker was right.... It was a bit too much glitz and not enough grit. We didn't learn jack in 2011.

You got a lot of work to do Dabo.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our coaches do love to talk

Oct 22, 2013, 5:02 AM

Wow, glad I got more to live for than you do. Lol. Grow up, realize your watching kids play a kids game.

Oct 22, 2013, 5:41 AM

the fans left long after the team quit...while our staff is holding therapy sessions on the side line and motivational sessions, our players in the game were getting their face punched in....

Well punch them back. Never seen even Sabab in a game.***

Oct 22, 2013, 12:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban. After reading so many dumb posts, eyes get

Oct 22, 2013, 12:18 PM

crossed.

Alfa, you have no clue

Oct 22, 2013, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Our coaches do love to talk ]

This is much more than a kids game so quit yur preaching...

So Alabama Football is just kids playing a game?

Oct 22, 2013, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Our coaches do love to talk ]

"Kids playing a game" is rec league.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Hence the Nickname Sunshine Pumpers***

Oct 22, 2013, 6:03 AM

a salesman is a salesman....the part that I'm having trouble

Oct 22, 2013, 6:35 AM

with is HOW we played against WV, sc last year and now this.....when it's time to rise to the occassion, we have fallen on our face consistantly. I give credit for a couple of good wins (although the uga win doesn't seem quite as big now). Very disappointing very disappointing and you're right about the investment we all have in this whether it be monetarily, emotionally, or physically (like the players). We must end this pattern.

Re: a salesman is a salesman....the part that I'm having trouble

Oct 22, 2013, 4:54 PM

ragtop I disagree! UGA was a big win, because we played them when they had all their players. The team that played after that game, and the next four, was not the same team that played the Tigers the first game of the season.

Oct 22, 2013, 7:24 AM

Thank you so much for the comments...those are my sentiments exactly...which are actually not my opinion nor yours but a statement of facts..You my friend are to be commended as a "TRUE" tiger fan

You are a very good spleen venter. By the way, when I

Oct 22, 2013, 7:32 AM

suggested upon hearing that Game Day was returning for a second time that this could work against us and that I would just as soon take a pass on the honor, EVERYBODY disagreed. I did not like the thought of everything that happened naturally the first time being choreographed for different "twists" this time around and the distractions that would cause.

Oct 22, 2013, 7:45 AM

never understood why OBS talks so much about Clemson, never hear Dabo talking about the cockerel's

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2013, 7:52 AM

someone has not been paying attention

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2013, 7:58 AM

Dabo is a great Rah Rah coach... Does not have the heart of a warrior. Even Brent and Herbie said it several times. Rah Rah does not win championships. Rah Rah gets you a great recruiting class, but what you do with them is called "Coaching".

Cootlore, your coach talks more than anybody, while drunk

Oct 22, 2013, 8:24 AM

and losing to unranked Tennessee. Nice of the Vols to finally get a conference win.

Re: Cootlore, your coach talks more than anybody, while drunk

Oct 22, 2013, 9:17 AM

Spurrier sure looked "impaired" calling plays last Saturday, LOL! Matter of fact, so did a majority of his offense. Sadly, Dabo, Chad, and Brent don't have the luxury of that excuse. The Tigers have now lost two of the last six games in Death Valley, a place once considered to be a very tough road game for opponents.

Motormouth came out of hiding***

Oct 22, 2013, 9:19 AM

Re: Motormouth came out of hiding***

Oct 22, 2013, 4:44 PM

Hiding? No, I actually work for a living, but I have been enjoying the luxuries and beauty of Providence, RI, for the past three and a half weeks, courtesy of my job. (pun intended)

Why are you calling him a coot? lol***

Oct 22, 2013, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Cootlore, your coach talks more than anybody, while drunk ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Call it what it is, LOL!***

Oct 22, 2013, 12:09 PM

Well he's not a coot, so...***

Oct 22, 2013, 1:11 PM

well said***

Oct 22, 2013, 8:32 AM

nm

"Pulling a Clemson" would be losing this week.***

Oct 22, 2013, 8:33 AM

Re: "Pulling a Clemson" would be losing this week.***

Oct 22, 2013, 8:38 AM

Exactly...

Correct

Oct 22, 2013, 8:42 AM [ in reply to "Pulling a Clemson" would be losing this week.*** ]

But somehow, merely losing has become, 'pulling a Clemson'.

Re: Correct

Oct 22, 2013, 8:56 AM

It took us many many years to firmly establish that term...it is reserved for losses to clearly inferior teams in the middle of a really nice winning streak and/or season. I agree ,it has evolved into a term used way to much, as you stated.

At this rate it will be 5 in a row for the coots.

Oct 22, 2013, 9:24 AM

I see no signs saying we'll beat them in their house.

Re: Our coaches do love to talk (long/whiney)

Oct 22, 2013, 9:25 AM

I finished the subject line for you. It seemed incomplete.

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Oct 22, 2013, 9:47 AM

I agree with you 100%. It never fails when someone posts the facts here as you did, there's always that instant response from that one bleeding heart football liberal who knows that you are right and proves it with a quick childish response. Rather than breakdown what you said and respond to each topic in a more adult-like professional manner, you get the typical "go home coot" or "get a life....blah blah"

What you said is factual. We've got a problem here. No one wants to hear it but its there. Clemson got its a$$ handed to it....epic style.....just a good ole down home a$$ whoopin man style. We got beat in every aspect of the game. QB, OL, DL, Coaching, Secondary...you name it. The fire wasn't there. The team must have thought the 12th man was going to win the game for them. As someone on here posted a while back....the bus ride looked more like they were riding to the Morgue.

LSU got beat. Les Miles came out. He looked disgusted...ashamed...beaten...and pi$$ed! He said "I did a pi$$ poor job getting this team ready. Its my fault."

Dabo came out and said "this is just one game...we've still got plenty to play for" - not the response I was hoping to hear. Of course everyone knows theres still a lot to play for. But we want to hear that the coach acknowledges the problem...takes responsibility...and has a plan to get things corrected....not just for the next game...but for the rest of the season and seasons to come. Its bad when you have a team with so much high powered talent, the highest paid offensive coordinator in the nation, a heisman candidate QB, a most likely first round draft WR, a 100% improved D-line over last year leading the nation in sacks, and somehow your team has managed to earn a national household known coined term. No one takes Clemson serious because they don't take themselves serious.

I can understand fan frustration on all levels....whether it be looking to make somethign positive out of something gawd awful....or leaving the game early. As much as I hate to say it, this whole Clemsoning thing has become our own Chicken Curse. Its there year in and year out. And just when you think its finally gone...just when you think your team/coaching staff have matured and proven they are past that....bam. You get steam rolled at home in front of the entire world......AGAIN. And everyone looks at each other and says exactly what they were thinking the entire season. "There it is. Our gut told us it was coming sooner or later."

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!***

Oct 22, 2013, 9:55 AM

TLDNR

Oct 22, 2013, 9:57 AM

Well that and the part where you posted it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2013, 10:18 AM

Let's put this in perspective.

What would be the topic of conversations in Alabama if they lost a game 51-14?

Oct 22, 2013, 10:19 AM

You are correct I haven't heard a word out of Spurrier or his buffoons this week.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic