Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our OC needs to wake up!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Our OC needs to wake up!!!

Oct 20, 2019, 8:48 AM

I'm fully aware that out Tiger's have won twenty something games in a row and these are the same coaches we've had for years , so I don't need a lecture about "count your blessings" and " remember what they've accomplished". What I'd like is for somebody to please explain why, with all of our playmakers on offense , it has suddenly become neccesary for our All American QB to run the ball 8 to 10 times a game? I understand scrambling, but we're running way too many called QB runs with Lawrence. Where are the jet sweeps, RB screens and a just flat out controlled passing game?? Our RB's are averaging 6 to 7 yds per carry !! Run some wildcat if you'd like, but if Lawrence goes down, we're probably toast for the playoffs. Just really can't understand the coaches mentality on this. Someone , please enlighten me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our OC needs to wake up!!!

Oct 20, 2019, 8:51 AM

I think the OCs are aware. That said, yeah we need to step it up. My gut is that we will be peaking at the right time though.

Oct 20, 2019, 8:58 AM

Totally agree, agree, agree ! So the game is in control. It's 1st down. And we run the quarterback !! This year has been full of questionable play calling. Anyone remember Jordan Leggett tearing up Alabama and others? Poor play calling has been going on too long this year. I thought someone admitted it after last game - see little improvement.

Oct 20, 2019, 10:55 AM

There is some risk to running the QB but there is a huge reward. Also we don’t have a TE like Leggett. Our best TE is suspended. Don’t play skiirt. And don’t smoke crack

*OCs

Oct 20, 2019, 8:51 AM

We have two.

HTH

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

How about when the RBs are averaging 10+, like they were

Oct 20, 2019, 8:53 AM

yesterday, we just RUN THE #### BALL?!?

I said yesterday it's like Tony has too many toys and he has to play with all of them. I don't see any prima donnas complaining about their touches so unless it goes on behind the scenes there's no reason not to just do what works in a given game. Yesterday that was Etienne and Lyn-J and on our first drive of the second half what was the playcalling? Three passes and a three and out.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, we don't know what is said behind the scenes, but

Oct 20, 2019, 9:01 AM

if our receivers are not targeted, we will get less interest from WR recruits and waste a talented QB. If we run the ball 70 plays a game, do you think DJ would come all the way from California to play here?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we start running more, and earlier in the game, teams

Oct 20, 2019, 9:04 AM

will have to abandon that "drop eight" plan they have for our passing game. I'm not saying never throw it, but coming out of halftime, when you're supposed to be making adjustments based on what works, throwing three straight passes was indefensible to me.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we start running more, and earlier in the game, teams

Oct 20, 2019, 9:28 AM

will have to abandon that "drop eight" plan they have for our passing game. I'm not saying never throw it, but coming out of halftime, when you're supposed to be making adjustments based on what works, throwing three straight passes was indefensible to me.

^ This. If the oline is making holes let the RBs hit the soft middle, some will go the house. The RBs are what is needed to force the defense to pull in closer, then go over the top. Yesterday was frustrating because TL and the play calling was playing right into Louisville’s gameplan. Also let’s start using the TE Allen more. He needs to be ready for playoff time.

We can say a lot of things about play calling after

Oct 20, 2019, 9:46 AM

we see what didn't work, but I also saw several runs up the middle that were stuffed for no gain. I also saw other pass plays where TL didn't check off and throw to a wide open guy. Some passes were dropped and others were overthrown, making the lack of success result from poor execution instead of bad play calling. The coaches know the difference and will call the same "bad" play later on because it might work next time - that is , if T-Net doesn't convince them otherwise.

Oct 20, 2019, 8:54 AM

This has always been part of Trevor’s game, and it actually compliments both the running and passing games as teams must respect Trevor’s ability to take it himself.

I don’t recall this much criticism from fans, pundits, and color commentators in diapers when DW4 was QB. Maybe you should write Dabo a letter.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 8:55 AM

There was a lot of criticism over Deshaun's int's.

Oct 20, 2019, 9:01 AM

And Clemson was 28-2 his last two years with a Natty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think people have woken up to the fact that Trevor

Oct 20, 2019, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Our OC needs to wake up!!! ]

is as big a threat or nearly as big a threat as DW was with his legs. Maybe it's a race thing, or the fact that Trevor looks like a prototypical drop back passer, but for whatever reason people just don't see that he's about as fast, though not as shifty, as DW was.

He does need to learn how to slide though. Bring Cullen Harper or Kyle Parker in for a week to teach him.

Oct 20, 2019, 9:02 AM

2 things:

1. The qb run is part of our offense, keeps the defense honest and they have to keep a player responsible for him. Opening up our playmakers to beat 1 on 1 coverage.

2. Hopefully it’s a non issue but Chase Brice is MORE than capable of taking us into the playoffs and winning. We have playmakers everywhere, like you said utilize them, we don’t need an all world qb to get the job done. However I believe Brice Is a lot better than you give him credit for.

Oct 20, 2019, 9:10 AM

I think Chase is a very suitable Qb. I hope we get to see him with the one's , running some meaningful drives. I guess I'd just like to see us use TL more like the Patriots use Brady. I can guarantee you he won't be running it much at the next level. My point, is that with the level of competition we have in front of us , we should be able to roll through it pretty easily , without putting him in harm's way too much . He'll probably have to run it some in the playoffs for us to be successful against the top tier teams.

I think DW4 runs a lot at the next level -probably gets

Oct 20, 2019, 9:49 AM

hit harder when he stays in the pocket passing.

Oct 20, 2019, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Our OC needs to wake up!!! ]

I have been saying all year, our offense seems to take one half off every game. They don't play two halves. Fla.St. is the only game I remember that the offense looked good the whole game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 9:10 AM

Yesterday's score was 45-10. How many teams in college football would give their right arm to score 45 points. This includes the last two drives being third or fourth string players. As for the second interception yesterday, Tee Higgings was taken out at the 5-10 yard line, otherwise it was a TD. Watch the replay.

Oct 20, 2019, 9:22 AM

I don't have as much of a problem with Trevor running the ball as I do all these little bubble screens.
When did we replace Jeff and Tony with Rob Spence?

Oct 20, 2019, 9:32 AM

The bubble screens haven't been very productive , but it keeps the DBs honest and brings them up tight if there's a threat. That opens up the longer patterns. I just don't understand the lack of jet sweeps with Rogers. I can't recall any time that it didn't get 4 or 5 yds min and it runs the heck out of the defense. With Roger's sub 4.4 speed , it seems like a no brainer to run it 2 or 3 times a game.

We have a few fans who would Bi*&% if hung with a new rope**

Oct 20, 2019, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Our OC needs to wake up!!! ]

Nm..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 9:32 AM

I'll agree, no pitch outs, no over the middle tight end, Revere's, no runs in succession., On 2nd down with 1 and 2, throwing long, with lots of incompletions. My in

Oct 20, 2019, 9:37 AM

It's funny that they don't seem to mind calling the jet sweep in mop up time to get Will Swinney a reception and a touch, but we've lost it as part of the regular offense. . It's been like clockwork lately.

When U run the read option plays, the QB has to keep it

Oct 20, 2019, 9:35 AM

a few times to keep the Defenses looking. Otherwise, TE has a history of doing enough to win AND shut it down early as possible.

Oct 20, 2019, 9:46 AM

Nah...they're awake. And they are still blowing the pants off all competition when the PLAYERS execute. Its all about execution. We have an offensive identity and have had that same identity since CM was here. And it involves running the QB. Dabo said it before...it doesnt matter who the QB is the offesne wont change. we run the QB. Get over it. I like seeing Trevor run. Even more so running for TD's!!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL is a good ground-attack weapon

Oct 20, 2019, 10:36 AM

we have to use him...

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic