Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our Game music is TERRIBLE !
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Our Game music is TERRIBLE !

Oct 20, 2017, 10:40 PM

Here is a good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH2w6Oxx0kQ

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our Game music is TERRIBLE !

Oct 20, 2017, 10:43 PM

Your football team, stadium & entrance is pretty TERRIBLE too. Take off coot

Oct 20, 2017, 10:48 PM

That seems to be a standard response if you don't be positive about EVERYTHING you obviously are a coot. So lame. But chickens cackling sounds better than the so-called music our DJ plays. It is just part of the DUMBING DOWN of America.

Oct 20, 2017, 10:53 PM

Funny you bring up the dimming down of America. Here’s a news flash for those of you that are dummed down....The music at the stadium on game day is about the players & recruits, not us old white guys. Get over yourself man.

Oct 20, 2017, 10:57 PM

Oh I know that this is the problem. Giving 18 year-olds everything they want. They are getting their bills paid so when they are 50 and PAYING the bills THEN they should be able to play that garbage. Right now they should be quiet, do as they are told and play football. That mentality is the reason this society is in the mess it's in.

Perhaps take it up with Dabo, Mike Money and Clemson.

Oct 20, 2017, 11:04 PM

Clemson's Stadium DJ Enhances Death Valley Vibe

Manie Robinson, Sports Columnist Published 4:26 p.m. ET Nov. 30, 2016

DJ Sha Clemson football

(Photo: Ken Ruinard / Independent Mail )

Gamedays in Clemson University’s Memorial Stadium are spectacles of fanfare underscored by tradition.

Fans in deep philosophical conversation will halt mid-sentence to join the cadence count chant. The band blares its lively fight song with the final notes accompanied by a choir of 82,000.

There is cannon fire. A sky full of balloons. Reverence to a rock. A run down a hill. An array of smartphone flashlights that give those grey stands a charming glow.

Clemson’s devotion to vigor can transform something peculiar into something remarkable.

Its latest gameday tradition aims to augment that energy and enhance the entertainment value of each ticket. With attendance figures declining and the television experience improving, Clemson sought to entice fans with features a camera cannot capture.

So, it put the needle to the groove.

Donsha Butler has served as Clemson’s house disc jockey for the last two seasons. Under the stage name D.J. Sha, he steers the stadium sounds during warmups, breaks in action and halftime.

He plays popular music, from legends like Run DMC and Outkast to current chart-toppers like Kendrick Lamar, Justin Timberlake and Drake. He even works in original songs he produced solely for Clemson.

“My first vision was that I just wanted my songs played in Death Valley at games,” said Butler, a Ninety Six native who also mixes for an Upstate radio station.

After working a few shows in downtown Clemson two years ago, Butler earned an invitation from coach Dabo Swinney to spin at a recruiting event.

“He loved it. He said he was going to get me out at some of the practices,” Butler recalled. “At that time, I thought it was just him caught up in the moment, enjoying himself. But a few weeks later, he kept his word.”

Butler began appearing at Clemson’s practice fields and a few months later he was in Memorial Stadium for the 2015 season opener.

Clemson cleared space for Butler in its game operations booth. He could not be seen from the stands, but a camera transmitted his introductory performance on the screens around the field.

“The feedback I received most was from people wondering if he was actually in the stadium,” said Mike Money, Clemson’s assistant athletic director for marketing and game management.

“It was a roaring success," Money said. "A lot of what he's playing was music that players were requesting to hear in pre-game, so it wasn't a sweeping change from what was already being played. He's just the centerpiece now.”

This season, Clemson moved Butler from the suite to a custom booth near the west stands outside the Tigers’ locker room.

“We wanted to put him outside in a more visible position,” Money said. “Anytime you do something different, there's always going to be some comments to the negative, but overall, it’s been a pretty overwhelmingly positive reaction.

“Right now, we're in an era of trying to do anything to improve the fan experience. Not just at Clemson. That's anywhere across the country.”

Average attendance among Division I bowl subdivision teams has dropped for the sixth consecutive season, although the figure decreased by less than one percent this year.

Clemson enjoyed a 2.8 percent increase last year. Its average attendance of 84,038 was augmented by home dates against Notre Dame and Florida State. That figure dropped 3.7 percent this season.

Scheduling does not account for all of that decline. The viewing experience is much more convenient and cost efficient at home.

For the same price of four tickets on the secondary marketplace, a family could purchase a new high-definition television and avoid the traffic. They can enjoy the countless camera angles, sharp close-ups and vivid replays without waiting in restroom lines.

DJs, valet concessions, reliable wireless internet and drive-in movie theater sized video boards are all measures programs have implemented recently to encourage fans to choose the stadium over their sofas.

“The fan experience is critical,” Money said. “Fans have more and more choices of other things they can do or even choices to stay at home and watch on television. We think we have one of the best experiences in the country, but I definitely want to continue to improve that. That’s why we brought D.J. Sha in.”

Butler’s fee for seven home games is a nominal expense in Clemson’s game operations budget. Additionally, the fees for rights to play copyrighted music are paid through the university, not the athletic department.

This year, Clemson’s licensing fees totaled $22,310 among the three performing rights organizations— the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP), Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI) and SESAC.

Those rights cover almost any song, from Bob Dylan to Beyonce, played in stadiums, arenas, dining halls and radio stations across campus.

Consequently, the new Death Valley entertainment will not induce an increase in ticket prices. D.J. Sha can spin freely.

“Really, there are no parameters,” he said. “My biggest thing is getting a feel off the crowd. At first, it was different waters for me. You have to do your homework.

“It’s a blessing, just to know everybody accepts me, being that it's something different. Old and Young, they let me know what I’m bringing is very much appreciated.”

Even the most tone-deaf fans would have a tough time arguing with the results…or at least the coincidences. Clemson has earned a 13-1 home record during Butler’s tenure on the ones and twos.

Clemson usually does not mess with what is working. That is how novelty becomes tradition, how something peculiar becomes something remarkable.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/clemson/2016/11/30/clemsons-stadium-dj-enhances-death-valley-vibe/93229680/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Perhaps take it up with Dabo, Mike Money and Clemson.

Oct 20, 2017, 11:07 PM

Oh I know it does no good but it is still terrible !

You've been complaining about the same thing for days?

Oct 20, 2017, 11:11 PM

Maybe that's why people are calling you coot.

Anyway, send them a request, the worst thing they can do is say no.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2017, 2:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Our Game music is TERRIBLE ! ]

I'm glad absolutely no 18 year olds have adopted your view of how they should "behave".

Oct 21, 2017, 4:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Our Game music is TERRIBLE ! ]

Your point here is ridiculous. I guess fielding & recruiting for a championship caliber team is a problem for you too. Not to mention the next generation of Tiger fans. Shame you just can’t see the big picture. Maybe since you think it’s all about you, you could start another thread about something else even more petty.

Kansas is garbage***

Oct 23, 2017, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Our Game music is TERRIBLE ! ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kansas was the beginning of the dumbing down of rock music***

Oct 23, 2017, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Our Game music is TERRIBLE ! ]

Oct 21, 2017, 5:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Our Game music is TERRIBLE ! ]

I kinda like their entrance. Flames+chicken=delicious.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2017, 11:21 PM

I’m afraid 54% = coot

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2017, 12:53 AM

All good and fun to have preferences, but most under 50 would fall asleep. Football music is supposed to be aggressive. This would kill the crowd AND the players.

Oct 23, 2017, 9:36 AM

I am 58 and love our music. I am so glad we don't do classic rock or country. That would be disappopinting and not very inspiring.

Oct 21, 2017, 7:26 AM

I miss the old days when we had half way intelligent coot trolls. Lately we get the transparent trailer trash version anyone can spot a mile away.

Dude...

Oct 21, 2017, 7:40 AM

that wasn't even a good one back in the 70's.

If that's the best you've got, you should quit while you're still behind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 21, 2017, 10:27 AM

Kansas sucks and I'm 43, do not want to hear dust in the wind at a college football game

Bubble gum for pot heads.

Oct 23, 2017, 8:34 AM

Try this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTCyO9MpGUM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lawn, get off of it.***

Oct 23, 2017, 9:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Terrible is synonymous with the band Kansas...

Oct 23, 2017, 9:27 AM

Lame corporate rock of the 70's

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic