Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Alabama returns home to a massive crowd of 12 fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: Alabama returns home to a massive crowd of 12 fans

Jan 11, 2017, 8:25 PM

WATCH: Alabama returns home to a massive crowd of 12 fans

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Alabama returns home to a massive crowd of 12 fans

Jan 11, 2017, 8:35 PM

Oh the tears of infathomable sorrow.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2017, 9:44 PM

The "shame" of their fans exudes from every pore in their "humble" little bodies. The "mighty Crimson Tide" were outplayed from about the 2nd quarter, and in spite of their talent (the best that money can buy) they lost with one second to go. They started the game with bogus penalties (I believe there were 3 or 4 of them) on their first TD drive that kept them moving successfully to a lead in the game). Let that sink in. The real Alabama was sucking in air in a failed effort to revitalize themselves and hold on to a win in the last seconds of the game, but THEY WERE NOT UP TO THE Task! The brutal honesty is painful to them, but it still is the truth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow! Really sad. Remember the crowd that was there at DV

Jan 11, 2017, 8:43 PM

when the team returned after losing the game in Arizona. It was huge.........this is what makes Clemson so special. Our coaches, administration and fans treat these players like our own family. Dabo should be very proud and should take note of that. Why would you ever "go home" if THAT is home?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

If we lost, I bet ya that you'd have seen thousands of fans

Jan 11, 2017, 8:45 PM

...waiting for the team cheering. That's the difference between their program and ours. And that's love Dabo is preaching about.

Re: If we lost, I bet ya that you'd have seen thousands of fans

Jan 11, 2017, 9:48 PM

There is a huge difference in us and them. We are all about class, but they exhibit it most often when they win. They have had a relatively easy ride with their over-rated secheat conference, but the little old ACC conference champion just showed up with a sling and a stone and slew the Philistine Giant, and that is how the story ends.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ouch***

Jan 11, 2017, 8:47 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Re: Ouch***

Jan 11, 2017, 10:17 PM

Exactly, that was embarrassing even for me. That team deserves much better after all the hardware that team has brought back to Tuscaloosa for that fan base to brag about. And this is the appreciation they get after they return home after a gut wrenching loss in the last 6 seconds of the game. Saban should inform his entire team that he is leaving bc of the humiliating welcome home that their fan base has shown them after all he and his team has gave them to brag about and be proud of. And tell them all that he will sign transfer papers for all who wants to transfer. Show that ungrateful fan base what it's going to be like having Auburn kicking their A$S about every year bc they wouldn't get Dabo or the likes of any coach comparable to Dabo or Saban to come and coach where the fan base don't have no more love for their team than they have shown. No team in the would will ever win every NCG that they play in, not even Bama with the mighty Nick Saban!!! That was a nasty kick in the gut, then getting stomped in the face. I promise you that if I was Saban, I would pack all my personal belongings and get the crap out of there before Friday got there. That was wrong as wrong could get after all Saban has done at Bama. No amount of money would be enough for me to be disrespected like that, no amount. I think it's 4 NC he has won at Bama since he has been there, and that is how that fan base repays him with all he has won for them, and all the bragging rights he has gave them to brag about. They couldn't have found a more FK up way to show Saban their ungratefulness and disrespect if they would have tried. They do not deserve all that he has done for the almighty Bama University in FB. We had thousands of fans show up after we lost to Bama last year. If I were Saban, I would pull an Oliver Purnell on Bama with the quickness!!! I can't stand Saban, but with what he has done for Bama, like him or hate him, he deserves a better fan base than what they have proved to be!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2017, 11:55 PM

Absolutely I live in Alabama. And this mess was on the news. Live from Tuscaloosa. I couldn't believe my eyes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2017, 3:26 AM

They are shameless if they can do that to their team that has gave them plenty to be proud of and to brag about, and that is the way they show their appreciation!!! Clemson fans would neve do something like that to our Tigers. Like I've already mentioned, Clemson had thousands waiting on our Tigers when they come home after loosing to Bama last year!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2017, 8:49 PM

Please tell me that this is a joke? That's terrible if true. Why would anyone play for a school with such sunshine fans? Ya'll, is that a joke?!

Jan 11, 2017, 9:49 PM

I really hope that recruits learn about this and see the real truth about their "magnificent" fan base and their support.

Jan 12, 2017, 7:18 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: WATCH: Alabama returns home to a massive crowd of 12 fans ]

It's no joke - not a funny one, anyway.

Jan 12, 2017, 8:33 PM

Always thought they had a large bandwagon fan base. Fan loses and goes home to take off Bama jersey and put on Clemson jersey.

And that right there is why Dabo won't leave for Bama

Jan 11, 2017, 9:20 PM

Bama is now, much like Barry Switzer said about Oklahoma, is a monster that just has to be continuously fed. If its not fed, it will turn on you. Saban's maniacal drive is fueled by his hatred of losing rather than his joy of winning. The fan base is like that as well. They basically circle 2 games a year. The rest are just carnage on the way.

Dabo is the polar opposite. Celebrate the sure wins because you worked extremely hard to make them sure wins.

I used to think that the Saban way was the way to go, but Dabo has convinced me. YOu are only guarnateed 12 times to celebrate a win. Use them all up!

Re: And that right there is why Dabo won't leave for Bama

Jan 11, 2017, 9:51 PM

There is so much about Dabo that other coaches, nor their fan bases, can begin to understand.

Wow, man . . .

Jan 11, 2017, 11:07 PM [ in reply to And that right there is why Dabo won't leave for Bama ]

You are spot on, and that was very well put. I don't have much negative to say about Saban - when it comes to commitment, consistency, focus, and discipline, he's very thorough. But you're right - it does appear that he's motivated from the negative rather than the positive side. It's like he's coaching to avoid losing. When he wins he's simply relieved, and when he loses, he seems overly miserable.

One thing I remember last year is that Dabo, while he was obviously bummed that we lost, he didn't seem dejected or miserable, just disappointed.

I've never been a Saban hater, and I'm still not, but it's undeniable that there is a different tone that underlies the culture there, and it's a sort of foreboding cloud, rather than an exuberance - at least, it seems that way from the outside looking in.

Re: Wow, man . . .

Jan 12, 2017, 10:29 AM

You nailed it. The difference is Saban's philosophy is built on negative reinforcement while Dabo's is positive reinforcement. Saban is much like the manager that rules by fear and intimidation. That yields results initially and in much less time. It is almost immediate, but that model can not last. Eventually the threats and screams fall on deaf ears and no one cares. With Dabo's model, you have positive reinforcement. It is exactly what he is calling Love. His program IS built on love. That model takes much longer to gain momentum and come to fruition, but when it does, it is a sustainable model. In other words through love and making the team a family, Dabo has succeeded in building something that can last a long time at Clemson, and every recruit that comes to town sees it. Good job Dabo. You didn't take the easy route for quick results. You took the difficult one that in the end is much more rewarding.

Lets not go crazy and say that Saban is a house of cards

Jan 12, 2017, 11:51 AM

he's sustained success for a long time. He players respect him long after they are gone. His process works. He's just got a different personality than Dabo. Dabo finds players that work in his system. Saban finds players that work in his. Same with all sorts of college students. Some folks will only thrive at a military style school. Some folks will only thrive at a free wheeling school like Berkeley.

Saban's personality works at Bama because he, the Administration and fan base are basically the same.

Dabo's personality works at Clemson because he, the administration and fan base are basically the same.

So the idea that Dabo going to Bama is going to take more than "Momma called." He's going to have to evaluate whether his system and style will be embraced by Bama. Bama fans aren't just content with winning. They want to win it all, all the time, and in their own style. Dabo to Bama would have to result in a culture change by their fan base or a personality change by Dabo.

Saban never seems happy

Jan 12, 2017, 6:41 AM [ in reply to And that right there is why Dabo won't leave for Bama ]

His program is run like a machine--efficient, merciless, and emotionless. It has no soul. I know why kids go there (it's practically guaranteed they'll win a natty at some point while they're on campus) but I can't imagine going there if I truly loved playing the game of football.

gotta be great for recruiting...***

Jan 11, 2017, 9:22 PM

Jan 11, 2017, 9:45 PM

This is so very sad. I truly hope that there were supporters there for them at some point other than where this clip was shot. So sad.

There's your new family, Xavier McKinney

Jan 11, 2017, 9:47 PM

Birds of a feather.
Enjoy your college experience.

Re: There's your new family, Xavier McKinney

Jan 12, 2017, 12:33 AM

Win at all cost, this is a business not a college career in football. PS:Possible pay later?

Jan 11, 2017, 9:48 PM

This is what happens when your fan base becomes numb to winning.

Jan 11, 2017, 9:52 PM

Entitled and unappreciative.

Jan 12, 2017, 12:36 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: WATCH: Alabama returns home to a massive crowd of 12 fans ]

out of touch with realty can be a contributing factor as well

hahaha***

Jan 11, 2017, 9:53 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Jan 11, 2017, 11:47 PM

PETTY! But I love it lol. Roll Tears Roll. Go Tigers

To be fair...

Jan 12, 2017, 12:09 AM

most bama fans have no idea where Tuscaloosa is.

(credit to someone on facebook that posted this)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

except they sell out over 100,000 seats every home game

Jan 12, 2017, 3:41 AM

so 12 out of 101,000 made it

Re: except they sell out over 100,000 seats every home game

Jan 12, 2017, 9:00 AM

But they really dont. Growing up in Alabama with siblings that attend the University, their home game attendance is quite sad. Usually the stadium is half empty by halftime. Only during big games like LSU or Auburn will they keep it mostly crowded (unless its a blowout).

Jan 12, 2017, 12:39 AM

Talking about (Low Tide), WOW!

I also heard rumors of road closures

Jan 12, 2017, 6:39 AM

Something about a robbery/hostage situation nearby that interfered with the ability to get onto campus. Still though.

I thought this video was from a satire site when I first saw it. I could scarcely believe my eyes.

That was cleared long before team arrived.***

Jan 12, 2017, 6:57 AM

Recruits, take note! At Bama, if you ain't 1st, yer LAST!

Jan 12, 2017, 8:14 AM

No Love!

That's really sad for those guys

Jan 12, 2017, 8:18 AM

They played their guts out and came up 6 seconds short. Then to come home to this pathetic "welcome." Recruits take note about the heart of a school's fan base - it doesn't show up when you win, it really shows up when you lose. Everybody loves you when you win - but who sticks by your side when you don't. That's the difference.

Jan 12, 2017, 9:11 AM

I honestly believe more tiger fans would have turned out to give them a hand if they had made a stop in Clemson on their way home. When I first saw, I thought this was one of the funniest jokes I had seen on t-net, then I felt really sad when I realized it was true. That's when your team needs to see your support the most of all. How discouraging for these young men.

Jan 12, 2017, 12:39 PM

I'm a die hard sports fan, and Clemson has always been my team and there couldn't ever be another. But when I say I hate a team it's mostly bc of their fans and their coach. But I never forget that they are young men out their doing their best to win. And all those young men can't all play for Clemson bc they wouldn't have anybody to play against. But the way the Bama fan base done their team, there is no way they deserve all the wins the Bama team has afforded them to brag about since Saban has been there. No doubt they are the worst team fans in college FB!!!

Hilarious

Jan 12, 2017, 9:14 AM

6 out of 12 were really Auburn fans paid to wear Bama gear .haha

If 'Bama had flown into Clemson ...

Jan 12, 2017, 9:23 AM

... more Tiger fans would have shown up to congratulate them on a hard-fought game.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is Sad, but...

Jan 12, 2017, 3:46 PM

It's part of the Bama process, right???

Maybe the other fans in the film room reviewing the game?

Parents??

Jan 12, 2017, 3:47 PM

Not even the players' parents showed up!!!!!!!

At Bama they only care about winning a FB game

Jan 12, 2017, 3:50 PM

...otherwise, if you don't you are wasting good oxygen. So sad and pathetic Bama. Try to care and try to be a family for once.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic