Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does a team need more than three QBs on scholarship?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,530

Does a team need more than three QBs on scholarship?

May 23, 2018, 1:49 PM

I'm no expert, but I'm thinking *three* on scholarship is probably ideal.

Especially if one is a guy who just won 12 games in his first year as a starter ... one is a true freshman who some scouts say could go straight to the NFL right now ... and the "last" one is a guy who could start for 70-80% of all the schools in the country.

We all knew that there was never any way that all six of our QBs would stick around. And there was no way Hunter Johnson was playing career back-up.

IMHO, things have shaken out just about how one might have predicted. And we've apparently recruited the position well for 2019 and beyond.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Osu won a nc with 3rd string QBs so 3 is enough

May 23, 2018, 1:54 PM

Can you post a link to an nfl scout saying any qb could jump straight to nfl?

I've seen them say that about defensive lineman , never a qb

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Osu won a nc with 3rd string QBs so 3 is enough

May 23, 2018, 2:46 PM

It wasn’t an nfl scout, it was a former nfl qb, Trent dilfer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without a serious injury, 3 is probably a good number, but

May 23, 2018, 1:56 PM

I think Maryland went through about five a few years ago and ended up using a LB at the end of the year (if I remember correctly)

Re: Without a serious injury, 3 is probably a good number, but

May 23, 2018, 2:11 PM

I think that was last year. Maryland and Iowa State went through a lot of QBs. Iowa State was the one playing a LB and Maryland was on their 4th string Qb I believe

May 23, 2018, 2:49 PM

Nope. Maryland played a lb at qb in 2013, the last year they were in the acc and we played them. Iowa st moved their last years qb to lb, who also played some wildcat for them.

May 23, 2018, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Without a serious injury, 3 is probably a good number, but ]

Was go omg to post this exact thing. QB from Blue Ridge finally got his shot then he tore his ACL.

Point taken, but if you’re that snake bit you’re not ...

May 23, 2018, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Without a serious injury, 3 is probably a good number, but ]

... going to win anything anyway.

If we get down past Chase Brice it won’t matter, we aren’t doing anything but just finishing out the season.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does a team need more than three QBs on scholarship?

May 23, 2018, 2:08 PM

Yes, If you need a 4th QB no one is expecting you to be very good. I know OHST proved it could be done with 3, but at some point you have to say it's just bad luck and start looking ahead. Besides C. Wilkins can play any position.

null

May 23, 2018, 2:19 PM

You can have 3 starters with 4heads , or 1 starter with a 5head ... either way you're all set .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 23, 2018, 2:22 PM

To be exact our coaches request that 3 qbs run the system entirely with usually the 4th QB to run the scout team/ redshirt. Problem I posted about earlier this morning is who will be your scout team QB!??? It's gonna be either jimmy green beans or Ben Batson

May 23, 2018, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Does a team need more than three QBs on scholarship? ]

To be exact our coaches request that 3 qbs run the system entirely with usually the 4th QB to run the scout team/ redshirt. Problem I posted about earlier this morning is who will be your scout team QB!??? It's gonna be either jimmy green beans or Ben Batson

May 23, 2018, 2:43 PM

Remember playing Maryland a couple years back and they were playing a LB at QB...think they had lost 4 or maybe 5 due to injury.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember a season where NC State finished w/ a LB

May 23, 2018, 2:50 PM

at QB ...

They were devastated by injuries.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,530
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic