Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Stephen A. Smith thinks Texans should consider trading Deshaun Watson to Cowboys
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: Stephen A. Smith thinks Texans should consider trading Deshaun Watson to Cowboys

Feb 14, 2021, 8:38 AM

Stephen A. Smith thinks Texans should consider trading Deshaun Watson to Cowboys

The Houston Texans have said officially that they aren't trading franchise quarterback Deshaun Watson despite his trade demands. However, the longer this situat Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Stephen A. Smith thinks Texans should consider trading Deshaun Watson to Cowboys

Feb 14, 2021, 8:45 AM

I think ESPN should trade Smith to a network in Russia.

Re: TNET: Stephen A. Smith thinks Texans should consider trading Deshaun Watson to Cowboys

Feb 14, 2021, 8:55 AM

POTY!!!!!! Just Awesome!!!!

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you

Feb 14, 2021, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Stephen A. Smith thinks Texans should consider trading Deshaun Watson to Cowboys ]

But as a Dallas Cowboys fan, I just want this to be a possibility.

Dak has been a serviceable QB for the Cowboys. And, he's definitely NOT part of the problem in Dallas. But, he's an unrestricted Free Agent right now. Dallas can put the franchise tag on him again for $31M. And they have about 3 weeks to figure that out. But, if they wanted, they could move in another direction.

DW4 has a $16M cap hit in 2021. His contract obviously goes way up the next few years to above the franchise number. But, in 2021, he'd be a lot cheaper than Dak.

The problem is that the Texans aren't just going to give Deshaun away. They want 3-4 1st round picks for him. Dallas won't pay that, and they shouldn't. They have to use the draft to improve their defense. They could hobble together a few key defensive pieces through free agency, but long-term they need a better solution. And if they went after DW4 they'd be mortgaging their future to solve the least of their problems (QB play) while ignoring their biggest problems (defense - every dang position).

We're in the dead period for football. So, this isn't a bad take or topic of conversation. The only other thing you can talk about in mid-February is which UGA player will go to jail next.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TU for your honesty... but especially that last line.***

Feb 14, 2021, 4:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ordinarily, I'd agree with you

Feb 14, 2021, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Ordinarily, I'd agree with you ]

Hobble or cobble?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2021, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Stephen A. Smith thinks Texans should consider trading Deshaun Watson to Cowboys ]

Amen to that. Stephen A used to be pretty good, but has now done like most other sports announcers and turned everything into a race discussion.

His comparing Watson not being released to JJ watt getting released and implying it was due to race? Wow, was the last straw for me.
Watson is young, in his prime and has huge value (and a long term contract).
Watt is at end of career and not been exactly the same since his injuries. He also is taking up salary cap that can be freed up to again get more toys for supporting Watson.
It also appears that nobody wanted to trade for Watt.

Also tired of every time a person in any sport gets hired that is not black, that he plays the race card. While I don’t know if it was a good hire or not, - what I do know is that I was not in the room during the interviews, nor was Stephen A. How does he know that the non black was not the better interview? How does he know that the plan for the team was better by one of them? Why would he think that the owner/GM would hire someone that they don’t believe is good? You think the owner would sabotage themselves like that? Simply because there are more minorities in a sports league does not mean that the same percentage of players should be in those positions.
Thru my 40 year career and from support to exec - I have had candidates that were recommended to me that interviewed horribly and some that surprised. I hired the one I thought would be the best fit and do the best job. Crazy to do otherwise.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Noooooooooooooo !!!! ---

Feb 14, 2021, 10:42 AM

Watson would be better in New Orleans...Indianapolis...Washington...Atlanta and possibly Philadelphia eventhough Philly have some major issues of their own right now.

Feb 14, 2021, 1:09 PM

the texans getting the raw end of that deal. dak is no DW

Feb 14, 2021, 3:43 PM

Stephen A. about 1 year behind me with this storyline. He's either crazy, catching up with SocMan2 or both ... Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2021, 5:49 PM

As a lifelong Cowboys fan I have mixed feelings about this. I'd love to see him playing for my team. But I despise Jerry Jones and the way he's basically run the franchise into irrelevance. I've rarely seen a team do less with more talent. If DW hates the management in Houston, he's not going to like Dallas much more.

Well heck if Steven A. Smith says it I’m sure Jerry Jones

Feb 14, 2021, 10:09 PM

is convinced it’s the best thing!! It’s probably DeShauns best chance to be a color commentator for a major network when he retires anyways.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2021, 2:01 AM

Another lifelong Tigers/Cowboys fan here. On one hand I'd absolutely love to see DW4 go to the Cowboys, on the other I'd feel sorry for him if he did. Jerry loves the Cowboys, I honestly believe this, but he's too stubborn to get out of the way to actually let someone else take the reins and guide them out of mediocrity. Deshaun would be going from one terrible situation to another sadly and I really hope he goes to a contender that will put him in position to win multiple SB's. /stepsoffsoapbox

Feb 15, 2021, 8:31 AM

Does anyone care what Smith says? I can no longer listen to him. Was he hired for the hard of hearing viewer? Dude has one gear--unbearably loud.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic