Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Only Clemson can play a near flawless 1st half
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Dec 9, 2020, 6:47 PM

Then come out and look totally inept the 2nd.

Brownell Is the basketball version of Tommy Bowden. Great guy. Good coach. But his teams are wildly inconsistent and just can’t get over the hump!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have a great team this year...Deep and Talented.

Dec 9, 2020, 6:51 PM

A great coach could take them to the Elite 8.

Re: We have a great team this year...Deep and Talented.

Dec 9, 2020, 7:00 PM

I can’t remember the last time MY Tigers lead Md. by 20 with a minute to go but What do I know? Fire BB!

Dec 9, 2020, 7:24 PM

5-0

Good. We can quit now and be a number one

Dec 9, 2020, 7:28 PM

seed in the tournament, right? Ohio says that’s ok with them.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4-0***

Dec 9, 2020, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: We have a great team this year...Deep and Talented. ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 11:33 PM [ in reply to Re: We have a great team this year...Deep and Talented. ]

pointcove said:

5-0

That's our Wimmens' record. One win better than our Guys'.

Dec 9, 2020, 7:53 PM [ in reply to We have a great team this year...Deep and Talented. ]

Ha ha ha!!!!! Classic! So what kind of coach do we have?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One that is 85–93 in our conference after 10 years...***

Dec 10, 2020, 12:27 AM

Re: One that is 85–93 in our conference after 10 years...***

Dec 10, 2020, 1:18 AM

Again, what kind of a coach to we have. It’s 2020, so let’s start there if that helps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2020, 9:06 AM

You're too soft, BbO.

Best case scenario (which nobody is predicting), this team goes 14-4 and ties for regular season championship (no idea how many games we can even hope to play). At that point, BB's conference record would be 99-97: still mediocre and below our best fans' reasonable expectations.

So even at that hypothetical point, after a conference championship following a preseason prediction of 10th, Coach B should still be evaluated on his overall body of work.

That's what the really sharp--real sharp--real. Sharp. Tiger fans tell us.

Dec 10, 2020, 9:28 AM

Agree, way too soft. We've rehashed that overall record enough 2 years ago. CBB had us on the rise last year until covid. We've been headed in the right direction and imho, DRad proved his worth sticking with him.

I, for one feel blessed he had the courage to keep him. CBB has team APR of 1.000? Or however it's rated. That in itself is incredible... You don't see many bball teams accomplish it.

As long as we keep improving, past performance on records mean squat. For now, I'm just sitting back enjoying what I see. Exciting bball against respected p5 teams.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2020, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: One that is 85–93 in our conference after 10 years...*** ]

It never fails. He’s a chitty coach because we are only 5-0...

So, not Roy Williams.***

Dec 10, 2020, 1:25 PM [ in reply to We have a great team this year...Deep and Talented. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Only Clemson can play a near flawless 1st half

Dec 9, 2020, 7:28 PM

Are you literally complaining about them winning by 16 pts? It’s the 4th game of the season you ###### bag

Dec 9, 2020, 7:30 PM

They’re only happy if we shoot 90% for 40 minutes

Dec 9, 2020, 8:32 PM

It’s about consistency. It’s about having a killer instinct. It’s about not playing hot and cold and leading teams back into the game. These are elementary things. These are the basics in sports. If you don’t understand this I can’t help you.

I’d say this team does have a killer instinct.

Dec 9, 2020, 11:34 PM

In three of our first four games, the opponent made a second half run and we made plays to put the game away.

If you’re expecting the other team to never go on a run, you don’t really understand basketball.

We have won each of our four games by double digits. Three of those wins are against power 5 teams (2 Big 10, 1 SEC).

Enjoy this team. They are really good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Judge, you almost let me down. I KNEW this post had to draw

Dec 10, 2020, 9:11 AM

a response from you, keep up the vigilant work!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Only Clemson can play a near flawless 1st half ]

Hello people like you that don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. Did you see the first half? Did you see the first half of the second half? That’s what I’m talking about. If you don’t understand that then you don’t understand sports. Better teams will come back and win if we do like that and more games. Good teams have a killer instinct and put people away! They don’t let them back into the ball game. We looked fantastic in the first half. The first half Of the second half we looked totally incompetent and inept

Dec 9, 2020, 8:34 PM

I think you mean quarter, coot.

Dec 9, 2020, 11:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Only Clemson can play a near flawless 1st half ]

Dude , you mean like Duke and UNC ? Oops , never mind .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Only Clemson can play a near flawless 1st half ]

Columbia math. You have to win by more than 21 for it to feel like a win.

Dec 9, 2020, 7:49 PM

Another Tremendous thread brought to you by Columbia Tiger. How long will it take him to get banned this time?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 7:51 PM

User Logo
Lowcntry_Tiger®
1st Rounder [626]
TigerPulse: 63%
Posted: Dec 9, 2020, 6:47 PM

Then come out and look totally inept the 2nd.

Brownell Is the basketball version of Tommy Bowden. Great guy. Good coach. But his teams are wildly inconsistent and just can’t get over the hump!

you are so full of sh!t your eyes are brown. any decent team is gonna make a run if they got any guts. maybe you missed the miami purdue game. slither back under your rock.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 7:59 PM

He’s not the only one either DE!

Hope you are well sir.

Dec 9, 2020, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Only Clemson can play a near flawless 1st half ]

It’s not about in Maryland making a run. Did you watch the basketball game? Maryland wasn’t making a run. Clemson was playing like dog #### to start the second half! Those are two different concepts. We were playing without fundamentals in the first half of the second half. I can’t help you if you don’t understand basic concepts.

Dec 9, 2020, 8:37 PM

Won by sixteen, coot.

Dec 9, 2020, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Only Clemson can play a near flawless 1st half ]

What is "a killer instinct"?

Isn't it running out to a 21-point lead in the first half? Steals, pressure defense, shooting 45% on 3s, fast break points, not giving up second chance points?

By any measurable stat, we played with a killer instinct except for (as Brownell said) 4 or 5 minutes out of 40.

Perhaps you would prefer we smash the clock, shoot the clock operator, insist on playing 'make it, take it' or tell the refs that we are boycotting the second half entirely. I tell you what, those kind of "killer instincts" are guaranteed to get results.

Great post!***

Dec 9, 2020, 11:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic