Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Report: Former Clemson WR still yet to apply for NFL reinstatement
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

TNET: Report: Former Clemson WR still yet to apply for NFL reinstatement

Jul 27, 2020, 10:49 AM

Report: Former Clemson WR still yet to apply for NFL reinstatement

Former Clemson receiver Martavis Bryant hasn't caught a pass in the NFL since late 2018 -- and at least one NFL insider says he's "unlikely" to catch one in the Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Report: Former Clemson WR still yet to apply for NFL reinstatement

Jul 27, 2020, 12:13 PM

What a waste of talent. How could anyone with a brain not realize what he was doing to his life? Easy for me to say as I have never “enjoyed”smoking pot but it can’t be worth sacrificing millions! You sleep in the bed you make.

Jul 27, 2020, 12:18 PM

Not sure how you couldn’t enjoy smoking.l a little bit of weed but it is what it is...They have it in liquid form now so it’s much more advanced and tolerable. In his instance though it was the wrong thing to do given his job and platform.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jul 27, 2020, 12:37 PM

Enjoyed perhaps was the wrong word .. Tried would have been more appropriate for me! Smoking anything is not really a good idea ....... as every doctor I have known says!

Having a big slong doesn't mean you should be a pron

Jul 27, 2020, 12:45 PM

Star..

I wouldn't know but I'm fairly certain it is true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 27, 2020, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Former Clemson WR still yet to apply for NFL reinstatement ]

I never understood how easy it is for some to criticize others. Especially our own.

Yes, he is a massive talent. Yes, he has an issue with weed. However, he's not hurting anyone other than himself (maybe). I'd rather see his issues 100x, before I'd see the things that have come out of Tyreek Hill or AB.

As far as I'm concerned, I have way less issue with Martavis an his personal decisions than those holier than though fans who continue to rail on him every time his name is mentioned. We get it, you're a better person, and even in his shoes you'd be sooo much better and be able to cope with his issues and and make millions of dollars. Well, congratulations.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2020, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Former Clemson WR still yet to apply for NFL reinstatement ]

Truly so sad. Must be more than pot going on.

It was noted in an article a while back

Jul 27, 2020, 11:23 PM

that he has some issues with depression. He checked into a facility to undergo treatment.

Basically, he's uses weed to cope with mental depression. Honestly, if this helps, and he doesn't miss football, then I hope this helps him. I would love to see him on a football field, but I'd much rather seem him not depressed and in pain.

Anyone has gone through hardcore depression knows how scary it is. I couldn't imagine living with it the way some do.

Jul 27, 2020, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Former Clemson WR still yet to apply for NFL reinstatement ]

He has more ZERO’s to the left of the decimal place than you will in your lifetime.

Earth to Tay

Jul 27, 2020, 12:17 PM

This is Houston. What’s your twenty? Lots of easy cash on hold.

Always been a big fan of MB’s potential. Hope he takes advantage of opportunities ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2020, 1:17 PM

Fo shizzle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the most talented WR's to play at Clemson

Jul 27, 2020, 1:35 PM

Maybe one of the highest ceilings would be more appropriate. Weed isn't my thing but it should be legal. Shame he hasn't taken advantage of his talents and earning potential. He had the ability to make generational income for his family.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: One of the most talented WR's to play at Clemson

Jul 27, 2020, 1:47 PM

That was my point 76. Two years wasted in the prime of his career. Smoking pot perhaps isn’t that big of a deal but it is when it interferes with your career.

Re: One of the most talented WR's to play at Clemson

Jul 27, 2020, 3:12 PM [ in reply to One of the most talented WR's to play at Clemson ]

Alot of people wanting to say that the mean green was his issue. I wonder. NFL lifestyle is a big ball of trouble if your head aint screwed on exactly right. You can get lost in that jungle of extravagance, acceptance and inebriation. The best thing for Bryant may be to stay away and not get sucked back in. Once you get hooked on something, it's difficult to turn it all around. His only way of fighting that temptation may be to go another way. He needs to make the best decision for his family and for himself. Hes probably got enough money

Jul 27, 2020, 4:53 PM

Pray he will be physically able to play when he does reinstate.

Jul 27, 2020, 8:20 PM

There should be plenty of help available to him to fight this battle, if he wants it badly enough. I know several youngsters who have said enough is enough.

Jul 27, 2020, 9:14 PM

Sad. What a waste of talent. I am still pulling for him.

Jul 27, 2020, 9:52 PM

Me too. You know he worked his tail off for years to get to this point. Shameful if he doesn’t earn another chance to right the ship.

When I read a story like this I can’t help but think of others like Boyd and Boulware who didn’t get the chance to pursue the dream they worked so hard to live.

Never realized he was f/ Calhoun Falls... Related to Kelly?***

Jul 28, 2020, 12:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never realized he was f/ Calhoun Falls... Related to Kelly?***

Jul 28, 2020, 5:28 AM

Yes. Cousins

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic