Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Once again, everyone knows more than dabo...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Once again, everyone knows more than dabo...

Apr 21, 2012, 11:29 AM

Why all the S&C talk again?? This was already discussed heavily after the wvu game along with Steele. Dabo made the decision that Steele was the link that had to go, not batson...these coaches visit other top tier programs and I guarantee they know other S&C regiments. If batsons was so awful in comparison, why would Clemson have kept him? He is obviously doing something that the others are to keep his job. Lets keep focus on the main issues which are defense in its entirety, Tajh making good decisions, bellamy holding on to the ball, and O line.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think people need a villain, they see something, they make

Apr 21, 2012, 11:47 AM

up their mind the reason for it and the conversation is over. naming batson is the easy way out because the other issues are more difficult to wrap their 'arms' around. then they start putting words in coach's mouths, like strength = toughness. marty jenkins might be one of the toughess players on the team and he isn't winning any lifting comps.

cu beats ncst 6 out of 7 years, but 2011 all of a sudden the one loss is proof positive batson is 'the' explanation and shoulders the blame in its entirety.

BUT, the beasts of the acc are thrashed twice and cu 'out-skilled' them because no way the 'lunch pail' crowd got out toughed, out physicalled, punished on the field.

you can't have it both ways so there has to be something else and the coaches continue to harp on it, consistency in all things including effort.

CAN S & C be better? sure, why not? are there bigger issues at play? you're #### right there are and once those are eliminated/addressed and there is still an issue you will see the coaches turn their attention there.

forget dabo for a moment, you have 2 families that moved half way across the country, marion hobby who coached/played in the nfl, brooks who put many a dlineman in the big leagues, caldwell who by about every account is one of the finest oline coaches around and these guys don't know whether there is a s & c issue other than a couple named players?

gimme a ####### break.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. People just try to find the one common flaw that has

Apr 21, 2012, 11:51 AM

plagued Clemson for the last 15 years. Toughness in the trenches. Lack of physicality along the lines.

It goes past Brad Scott, Tommy Bowden, Dabo, etc.

Whether that is fair or not, that is the reason Batson is criticized.

However, Dabo fired his buddy Napier, he fired his first big hire, Steele, so I see no reason why he will not fire Batson this year if he feels the need.

i agree, if needed, dabo will address it.***

Apr 21, 2012, 11:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time's running out. Were staring 4 loses in a row to USC

Apr 21, 2012, 12:55 PM [ in reply to No. People just try to find the one common flaw that has ]

in the face.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

10-5 to 1-3.

Apr 21, 2012, 9:49 PM

It sounds like you are blaming Batson for losing to So. Car. the past 3 years. But, as S&C Coordinator, Batson has a record of 10-5 against the coots. Dabo's record against the coots as Head Coach is 1-3. The numbers are revealing. The numbers don't lie.

We just won the ACC for the 1st time in 20 years

Apr 21, 2012, 2:44 PM [ in reply to No. People just try to find the one common flaw that has ]

and people want to fire the S&C coach? Brilliant.

You obviously haven't seen usuck's s&c video.

Apr 21, 2012, 12:04 PM

Makes ours look like high school.

They look like animals.***

Apr 21, 2012, 12:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They look like animals.***

Apr 21, 2012, 2:41 PM

steroids and growth hormones?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

^^^ this is the correct answer.

Apr 22, 2012, 7:48 AM

usuc is up to their old tricks again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Once again, everyone knows more than dabo...

Apr 21, 2012, 12:11 PM

I don't think Dabo is allowed to fire Batson, so he can't openly say anything against him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that might be a deal breaker.***

Apr 21, 2012, 12:29 PM

I've often wondered this***

Apr 22, 2012, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Once again, everyone knows more than dabo... ]

Apr 21, 2012, 12:32 PM

when our O/L and D/L gets PUSHED AROUND by Wake, Wofford,NCSU their is a problem... it goes without saying if saw the OB or how the c$$ts DOMINATED US AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because of that horrible SC video OUR athletic department

Apr 21, 2012, 12:54 PM

put out.

Re: Because of that horrible SC video OUR athletic department

Apr 21, 2012, 9:50 PM

whats wrong??? did it show just how weak we are compared to others???I watched the NCSU game, Wake, Wofford, Orange Bowl, and the complete DOMINATION by the dirty c$$ts!!!

Steele AND Batson need to go

Apr 21, 2012, 1:46 PM

How many coaches have we been through and we're still not physical enough? Sure, I think BV will have a better defense on the field, but there is no coaching merry-go-round that will make us dominant on the offense and defensive lines. If our problems on the lines were something that could be fixed in practice by football coaches, it would have been fixed by now. It's been nearly 15 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and apparently the ones being paid millions to know better

Apr 21, 2012, 2:23 PM

don't?

Maybe they are overpaid

Apr 22, 2012, 8:32 AM

I bet you admired your high school principal.

nope, but i respected the person, the position he held and

Apr 22, 2012, 10:32 AM

the authority it carried. i knew very little about his day to day activities other than what i saw. i had no idea what his planning behind closed doors entailed, the true scope of what he oversaw or the actions he intended to take down the road until he acted.

maybe you are overreaching?

Apr 21, 2012, 3:54 PM

Just look at Clemson's numbers in the weight room. They don't compare to many other programs. In your post you are assuming all S&C coaches actually know what they are doing. This is not the case. Many strength coaches in college weight rooms are merely there because they are a "good ole boy" and know the other coaches. They are just a football coach that happens to be put in the weightroom. The only reason I think Batson is still here is because he invented the Prowler sled.

On the other hand, Batson has been in strength training for a very long time. I don't think he is stupid. He probably does know a lot about strength training. I think he does what he does for job security. That way when it comes time to fire people, Batson can always say "well we did everything other programs are doing".

The main thing is that strength itself does not make a football program, it has limited carry over to the field. The most important thing about playing football is playing football.

That said the strength and conditioning video was still pathetic.

Dabo is a smart man ... Napier then Steele ... Batson is

Apr 21, 2012, 9:46 PM

like an Ace in the hole. If someone has to go based on our 2012 season (hopefully not), it won't be Morris or Venables.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo is a smart man ... Napier then Steele ... Batson is

Apr 21, 2012, 9:48 PM

why waste another season with weak lines???we are pushed around by Wake and Wofford! I won`t talk about the Orange Bowl, NCSU or the dirty c$$ts!!!!!!!!

Eventually will do away with batson

Apr 21, 2012, 10:19 PM

One of our problem is we are paying morris, dabo and venables way too much. Have to build the funds up again.

If our 2012 season is subpar, which I do not expect

Apr 22, 2012, 8:34 AM

at all... But if it is...

Dabo is the one without an extension.... He won us the ACC championship but hasn't got an extension. Why is that? Is it likely that he is closer to being on his way out than Batson?? Is that even possible?

I really hope not. Love that guy... He's brought in some GREAT talent for our staff and for our team..... I'd like to see us succeed with the set up we have now, Dabo at HC, CM at Off Co., and BV at Def. Co.... Our coordinators are no doubt, future HCs...

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic