Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So VT is playing Clemson end of season rather than the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,907

So VT is playing Clemson end of season rather than the

Aug 6, 2020, 12:39 PM

normal state rival UVA. Conferences are showing no respect for these season finale state rivalry games. I bet Bama and Auburn don't budge from their season ending date.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On a national level...

Aug 6, 2020, 12:55 PM

Heck...even on a regional level, absolutely no one gives a hoot about the Virginia/Virginia Tech rivalry.

It's similar to the Egg Bowl (the Ole Miss/MSU rivalry). The ONLY REASON that game gets any attention is because they play on Thanksgiving Day. Otherwise, no one cares.

In the last 25 years, Virginia has only won four times so it's not much of a rivalry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: On a national level...

Aug 6, 2020, 1:37 PM

Let's see, 45,000 Ole Miss and Miss State students and 3 million people in Mississippi care about The Egg Bowl. I have lived in South Carolina all of my 68 years and have been a Clemson Tiger all of those years but let's be honest, nobody cares about the Clemson-South Carolina gave outside of this state. Nationally, Carolina in in Chapel Hill and USC is in Los Angeles and unless we have kicked your butt, nobody knows where Clemson is.

Aug 6, 2020, 4:53 PM

Cut it out with the lil ole Clemson ####. People know us, at least since 2016. We’re in the big leagues now.

Aug 6, 2020, 9:49 PM

Big leagues? Is this your first troll?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2020, 10:48 PM

That not a term anymore? Can’t keep up with you youngins.

Aug 6, 2020, 11:08 PM

Buzz of coot... That’s still a term.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh please...

Aug 6, 2020, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Re: On a national level... ]

Schools like Virginia, Tech, Virginia, Ole Miss, and MSU (including just about all of the others as well) would absolutely kill to achieve the level of national success that Clemson has.

I travel all across the country for work and I can tell you, I've never encountered ANYONE who actually follows college football who didn't know who Clemson is and where we're from.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 6, 2020, 4:28 PM [ in reply to On a national level... ]

ESPN created the hype and markets all the games as "Rivalry Weekend". Obviously people are watching.

Egg bowl will get attention this year...

Aug 6, 2020, 4:32 PM [ in reply to On a national level... ]

Not because of the teams playing, but the coaching match up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So VT is playing Clemson end of season rather than the

Aug 6, 2020, 4:47 PM

VT and UVA isn't really a strong rivalry. Sure it exists, but UVA vs UNC was bigger.

in the last 15 yeas, ODU, & JMU have as many wins vs VT as UVA. Heck ECU has more wins vs VT than UVA.

We have as many wins in Bleaksburg OR the ACCCG against VT in the past 10 years as UVA has wins in Bleaksburg since 1994!

Of course you’re right ...

Aug 6, 2020, 9:56 PM

But IMHO Bronco Mendenhall is a better All-around coach and leader than J. Fuentes, and the “rivalry” is about to become more even-handed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Of course you’re right ...

Aug 7, 2020, 9:10 AM

I agree as Bronco is a better coach than Fuente - or how it appears right now - I will give an asterisk because I want to see what Fuente can do without Foster as Foster was the boat anchor IMO. BUT bronco needed a "program great player" to barely edge out VT that thought it was having a dumpster fire of a season - with a DC that could not contain a mobile QB or the spread. Lets be honest, many hokies expect a 10+ win season and that UVA isn't a rival here. They are the program that only trails us in appearances in the ACC CG. So if a program expect to win, is UVA even a consideration? Would we expect anything other than a 45 point beatdown of UVA even when they are having their best season in 22 years?

Fuente is likely done this season unless he pulls down 8 wins. I know right? No FSU, no ND and only us at the end. They have all the carolina schools, Pitt, UM, UofL, and BC - they (their alumni base) expects a win in those and realistically should expect to win those. I think Fuente goes 6-4 with some early stinkers. Loss to UNC, UofL, Duke/Wake/UM, and us. Fuente is gone.

Of course you’re right ...

Aug 6, 2020, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: So VT is playing Clemson end of season rather than the ]

But IMHO Bronco Mendenhall is a better All-around coach and leader than J. Fuentes, and the “rivalry” is about to become more even-handed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,907
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic