Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Oline and recruiting tidbit and sugar Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 2,584

Oline and recruiting tidbit and sugar Bowl

Jan 6, 2021, 10:36 PM

Just putting this out there.
I fully understand recruiting is a gamble and you want culture kids etc etc. In reviewing osu recruiting the last 3 years of the oline we went against. 3 5 stars and 5 4 star recruits on the oline. Tops was rated #7 player Nat, lowest rated nat olineman was 124. Most were 40-80 nat rating.

They also took 4 transfers in 2019. One a guard from Rutgers. Didn't see his nat rating but 247 rated him at 97.000

For reference, Carmen was our highest nat recruit for oline at #63. 97.500 I think.

Sure, numbers don't mean chit all the time but it would be interesting to see what Clemson would be with line recruits this good. With Carmen leaving, maybe we could get one of them 97.000 olineman from a Rutgers.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oline and recruiting tidbit and sugar Bowl

Jan 7, 2021, 8:46 AM

Good research. Thanks for sharing. Interesting numbers for sure.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 9:45 AM

Those numbers mean a lot many more times than not-

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 10:11 AM

O-linemen are the most notorious difficult and biggest dice-roll of any position group to recruit, especially for rankings. Development arcs and group cohesion are a big deal and thus any HS eval might be completely bunk within 6 months.

As long as we are pulling in a good crop, working within the coaches skill set and offense's scheme, then we will be fine.

I think this year, our line was "fine" it was built around pass-protection for TL. They were actually quite good in this regard. We lacked a good rushing push but then again, most were not expecting ETN to return so I can't blame the roadmap for our group. I also think that the Covid/2020 issues also created an oddness and lack of cohesion but that was common across the county.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 2,584
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic