Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU we skipping season and declaring for nfl draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

LSU we skipping season and declaring for nfl draft

Aug 30, 2020, 1:36 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/lsu-star-jamarr-chase-the-nations-top-wr-expected-to-opt-out-of-season-and-declare-for-2021-nfl-draft/amp/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, wr not we.***

Aug 30, 2020, 1:40 PM

Re: Sorry, wr not we.***

Aug 30, 2020, 1:48 PM

He’s there 3rd projected starter to opt out so the we could have been left. Practices must not be going well in deaf valley.

It dilutes the overall product on the field when guys of

Aug 30, 2020, 1:42 PM

his caliber opt out. But, where this kid is already projected as a draft pick, as a pure business decision, I can't argue his logic.

For any highly rated player, it just comes down to how much you do, or do not, value the college football experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It dilutes the overall product on the field when guys of

Aug 30, 2020, 2:02 PM

I can argue his logic. If programs start cutting and revoking scholarships of players that didn't live up to their hype, that program would be criticized and likely taken to court.

He accepted a scholarship to PLAY BALL at LSU.

I've got no problem with players opting out, then repaying the school for and and all assistance received after playing their last game for that school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh good Lord, get a grip guy***

Aug 30, 2020, 2:26 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he graduated, I can agree with you (not about the poster,

Aug 30, 2020, 3:58 PM

but the issue). If he didn't, the poster has a point. Paying back the scholarship is not defensible, but yes, a coach needs to build a program such that the two parties make equal commitments to each other, and keep them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2020, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: It dilutes the overall product on the field when guys of ]

He did the correct thing to protect his draft status, and long term income. I can’t fault him for that. There’s no Joe Burrow in Baton Rouge this year. His stats would take a major hit, and likely his draft stock.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This^^^***

Aug 31, 2020, 10:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2020, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: It dilutes the overall product on the field when guys of ]

The guy made 9 catches for 221 yards and 2 touchdowns against us in the NC game. I think he did plenty to repay the school.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU we skipping season and declaring for nfl draft

Aug 30, 2020, 1:46 PM

just as Well anyways what is an LSU education worth maybe the cardboard/paper it is on and that is a huge maybe

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again

Aug 30, 2020, 1:46 PM

LSU 2019 = Auburn 2010
Ed Orgeron = Gene Chizik

I’m going to enjoy watching LSU’s trash fans see their program go down in flames.

Yes

Aug 30, 2020, 2:28 PM

It looks that way. LSU might have lost more than Auburn did .

Re: I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again

Aug 30, 2020, 5:04 PM [ in reply to I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again ]

LSU 2019 = Auburn 2010
Ed Orgeron = Gene Chizik

I’m going to enjoy watching LSU’s trash fans see their program go down in flames.

I hate when our fans sound like they just started watching football yesterday. You think one rebuilding year after their 3rd championship with 3 different coaches in 16 years is a program “going down in flames?” Stop giving that program so much of your energy. It’s bad form. Coach O is no Dabo but he’s a huge upgrade from Les Miles. Remember that play calling in 2012?

Look at recruiting. LSU, Bama (until Saban leaves), Clemson, Ohio State, and insert SEC flamewad here, will have the most talent for at least the next 5 years.

God how old are you.

Old enough to remember a 10-25 record

Aug 30, 2020, 9:15 PM

LSU will have talent just like Auburn always has talent. What LSU doesn’t have is their OC, DC or generational transfer QB from last year. What they do have is a head coach who, outside of last year, hasn’t really shown us much and his all star supporting cast is gone. I could be wrong about LSU but for you to think I sound like I haven’t watched football for five years or that I’m even young is pretty stupid considering the fact I’m talking about the obvious similarities between the current LSU program and an Auburn program from ten years ago.

I mean how presumptive are you to overlook that kind of obvious detail?

Re: Old enough to remember a 10-25 record

Aug 31, 2020, 1:05 PM

LSU will have talent just like Auburn always has talent. What LSU doesn’t have is their OC, DC or generational transfer QB from last year. What they do have is a head coach who, outside of last year, hasn’t really shown us much and his all star supporting cast is gone. I could be wrong about LSU but for you to think I sound like I haven’t watched football for five years or that I’m even young is pretty stupid considering the fact I’m talking about the obvious similarities between the current LSU program and an Auburn program from ten years ago.

I mean how presumptive are you to overlook that kind of obvious detail?

I say that because you act like you just started watching football when Clemson got relevant, like a lot of our fan base. Comparing LSU to Auburn gives me that impression. O’s Ole Miss day was back when he didn’t realize he wasn’t an X’s and O’s guy. In which case, I agree... not a good X’s and O’s coach. But to think they’re going the way of Auburn is just delusional, especially when they just hired Scott Linehan and Bo Pelini. Linehan not as good as Brady, Pelini is probably better than whoever their last guy was though, Aranda?

Saban will still have the best of all of them. But it’s going to be Bama and LSU for a LONG time.

I act like I just started watching Clemson football?

Aug 31, 2020, 3:56 PM

Wow. I’m making fun of LSU and that’s what you get out of my post. You’re on another level that’s for sure.

Maybe I find it funny that you joined back in January and get your panties in a wad when someone makes fun of LSU. I also find it funny that you happen to have a 38% pulse. Your responses to a guy having fun at LSU’s expense on a sports message board are comical and telling to say the least.

Aug 30, 2020, 1:50 PM

Not like they were gonna repeat anyways but now there chances are even lower.

Aug 30, 2020, 2:07 PM

Vote of confidence for new QB and offensive game plan...

Aug 30, 2020, 2:15 PM

I wish he would have taken the championship game off last year. He ate out lunch.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Aug 30, 2020, 3:35 PM

I don't know, but would be willing to bet that LSU is losing more from their offense than any team in history.

Aug 30, 2020, 5:25 PM

He's just being civic minded and taking a pay cut...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2020, 7:44 PM

He probably realizes after a few practices that with the new QB and offensive coordinator LSU won't come close to what they were last year and that HE won't look as good as a result.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic