Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since we are discussing ridiculous things today...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 151
| visibility 1

Since we are discussing ridiculous things today...

Oct 15, 2019, 11:21 PM

I’d like to talk about how stupid the flag wavers in the end zone look wearing orange overalls.

It’s a poor look in 2019. We can do better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Since we are discussing ridiculous things today...

Oct 15, 2019, 11:33 PM

It’s a diversion, designed to draw attention away from our opponents that are being violated in the most callous fashion, out on the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice take!***

Oct 16, 2019, 6:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes?

Oct 15, 2019, 11:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cutoff T-shirts and

Oct 16, 2019, 7:54 AM

a$$ less chaps?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When is the last time you saw chaps that did have an ###?

Oct 16, 2019, 4:24 PM

You haven't because those are just pants.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Judge Keller loved orange overalls.***

Oct 16, 2019, 8:02 AM

The REAL Judge Keller

Oct 16, 2019, 8:14 AM

sold orange overalls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

she's actually related***

Dec 11, 2019, 1:24 PM

Re: The REAL Judge Keller

Dec 11, 2019, 1:51 PM [ in reply to The REAL Judge Keller ]

I buy all my orange overalls from Judge Keller.

I disagree

Oct 16, 2019, 8:12 AM

It's a nod to Clemson's Agricultural roots and there isn't anything wrong with working in the soil.

Why do we have to honor our agricultural roots at a football

Oct 16, 2019, 12:57 PM

game?

But since you want to, why stop at overalls? Why not, instead of waving flags, we have people wave rakes? Instead of serving usual concessions, do you want to serve fresh cow's milk?

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with working in the soil, but for a prominent academic institution that showcases its football program to the nation every week, I don't think orange overalls are a good look.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Why do we have to honor our agricultural roots at a football

Oct 16, 2019, 4:21 PM

Lewisville waved ho(e)s for football and basketball

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2019, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Why do we have to honor our agricultural roots at a football ]

Let's add to that. Would you also say "Why do we have to honor our military roots at a football game"?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Are you equating military service for one's country

Oct 16, 2019, 7:58 PM

with being a farmer?

You think farmers are beneath you.

Oct 16, 2019, 8:51 PM

I get it.
But that's not what I asked.

I was pointing out the Clemson 'roots' you mentioned.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

LOL.

Oct 17, 2019, 10:43 AM

I don't have a problem with farmers. I just don't think certain things represent our school well in 2019 on national television.

What other "certain things" would you lump farmers in with?

Oct 17, 2019, 10:46 AM

Also still waiting on your answer to the military roots question.

I apologize for offending you. Are you wearing overalls

Oct 17, 2019, 10:48 AM

right now?

No. Are you wearing an ascot?

Oct 17, 2019, 10:52 AM

Still waiting on your answers to the original questions BTW.

I'm still waiting on you to answer my question as well.

Oct 17, 2019, 11:59 AM

Are you equating farming with military service?

You asked that question in order to avoid my question.

Oct 17, 2019, 12:03 PM

Still waiting.

I'm not avoiding your question at all. I have lots of ideas.

Oct 17, 2019, 12:18 PM

Here you go:

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/I-dont-think-orange-overalls-honor-our-history-worth-a-crap-26157608

Maybe you should pick a new favorite school.

Oct 17, 2019, 12:24 PM

This is literally in the very first two paragraphs...

Clemson was founded in 1889 through a bequest from Thomas Green Clemson, a Philadelphia-born, European-educated engineer, musician and artist who married John C. Calhoun’s daughter, Anna Maria, and eventually settled at her family plantation in South Carolina. A longtime advocate for an agricultural college in the Upstate, Clemson left his home and fortune to the state of South Carolina to create the institution that bears his name.

In November 1889, Gov. John Peter Richardson signed a bill accepting Clemson’s gift, which established the Clemson Agricultural College and made its trustees custodians of Morrill Act and Hatch Act funds, federally provided for agricultural education and research purposes by federal legislative acts.

https://www.clemson.edu/about/history/

Re: Maybe you should pick a new favorite school.

Oct 17, 2019, 1:03 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

You still didn’t answer my question.

Oct 17, 2019, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Maybe you should pick a new favorite school. ]

Are you equating farming with serving one’s country in the military?

Also, your response above is nonsensical. I have no problem with Clemson’s agricultural past. I just think we should honor it in a better way than the currently ambiguous and poor look of having flag wavers wear orange overalls.

Do you grow your own kale?

Oct 18, 2019, 9:06 AM

Answer my question.

Oct 18, 2019, 11:25 AM

Are you equating farming with serving one’s country in the military?

I'm still waiting.

One thing is for sure,

Oct 18, 2019, 12:20 PM

I would never talk about how stupid either one looks.

But here we are.

Just as I thought.

Oct 18, 2019, 1:37 PM

Still didn't answer my question.

Your question has nothing to do with my questions.

Oct 18, 2019, 1:51 PM

The ones you didn't answer BTW.

I've clearly answered your questions multiple times.

Oct 18, 2019, 1:53 PM

You still haven't answered my question.

I'll try one more time.

Oct 18, 2019, 2:05 PM

You can even scroll waaaay back up to the beginning of this song & dance if you like.

But here it is again.

Would you also say "Why do we have to honor our military roots at a football game"?

you enjoy being annoying. .. just like a woman.

Dec 11, 2019, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Just as I thought. ]

Get back in the kitchen lady lol

Re: Answer my question.

Dec 12, 2019, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Answer my question. ]

I'll answer the question. In this case farming and the military are similar arguments. Both are a part of our history, and there is nothing wrong with both of them being represented at our ballgames.

There is a reason that such a small percentage of our population has the task of feeding better than 300 million people in this country, ag science. Anyone that believes the dumb farmer fallacy shows their ignorance and I could care less what they think.

Why do you care what someone thinks who could be convinced that peanuts grow on trees?

^ This guy gets it.***

Dec 12, 2019, 10:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

bump

Oct 17, 2019, 8:53 PM [ in reply to I'm not avoiding your question at all. I have lots of ideas. ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNzRzZhR2Y

I think our basketball program has not represented us well on national TV

Dec 11, 2019, 1:25 PM [ in reply to LOL. ]

But you seem to think that's okay.

Dude

Oct 17, 2019, 6:15 AM [ in reply to Are you equating military service for one's country ]

This thread is a bad look for YOU

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Okay

Oct 17, 2019, 10:43 AM

Thanks for weighing in with constructive thoughts and opinions.

Re: Okay

Oct 17, 2019, 8:58 PM

My opinion is you are a poor judge.....

Thank you.***

Oct 17, 2019, 9:24 PM

Dec 11, 2019, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do we have to honor our agricultural roots at a football ]

How about camo overalls?
The art of compromise is when all parties and happy and sad at the same time.

Oct 16, 2019, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Why do we have to honor our agricultural roots at a football ]

Are you speaking for the entire fan base or just yourself? Just curious......cause..... I could give a $#i+ what anyone thinks. Why is it not a good look? 21st century.....is that it? Makes us look like a bunch of hillbillies? Please enlighten me.

Yes, I think it looks silly and dated.

Oct 17, 2019, 10:45 AM

And I guarantee that I'm not the only one. I doubt there are many people outside of a segment of our fan base thinks it's endearing.

Oct 18, 2019, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Why do we have to honor our agricultural roots at a football ]

Yeah! And why are they wearing t-shirts? A prominent academic institution should be wearing a full suit and tie and nothing less!

GO TIGERS

Well, since you want to honor our history

Oct 18, 2019, 1:39 PM

why aren't you pushing for everyone to dress up to games? That is our history after all.

And based on the reactions here, history can't be altered, questioned, or disagreed with.

Dec 11, 2019, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Why do we have to honor our agricultural roots at a football ]

What do you suggest ?

Dec 11, 2019, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Why do we have to honor our agricultural roots at a football ]

That would be AWESOME! Instead of busses, have the players ride to the hill on flatbeds pulled by tractors! The message is "Hell yeah, we're farmers, but we are also a #### great school and our football team is gonna kick your ###!" Throw in a few slide rules to honor the "Mechanical" in the old 'A and M."

Keeping Score here...

Oct 16, 2019, 8:17 AM

If my calculations are correct, people aren't allowed to wear orange overalls or jerseys. Are there other gameday clothing articles that are taboo? What else, other than the 'woohoo' are other people doing that is ruining your gameday experience as you sit at home watching the game from your recliner? Asking for myself as I sit here in my orange overalls.

Orange overalls are fine. Adult men wearing jerseys

Oct 16, 2019, 8:22 AM

are not fine. Hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Wearing jerseys is the lesser of the two evils IMO.***

Oct 16, 2019, 12:58 PM

Re: Orange overalls are fine. Adult men wearing jerseys

Dec 11, 2019, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Orange overalls are fine. Adult men wearing jerseys ]

Hear, hear!

People can wear whatever they like.

Oct 16, 2019, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Keeping Score here... ]

I just don't think orange overalls portray our fine university and football program in a very positive light. It's 2019, not 1896.

Re: People can wear whatever they like.

Dec 11, 2019, 1:30 PM

But we do still have farmers.

Whether they actually wear overalls, I have no idea. I grew up in the city.

Honest question: do we want to hide the fact that we're a land-grant university?

It's not about hiding anything. It's being intentional about

Dec 11, 2019, 8:54 PM

the message you put out there.

I have offered suggestions in another post about how I feel we can better honor our agricultural heritage at football games.

Re: People can wear whatever they like.

Dec 11, 2019, 8:08 PM [ in reply to People can wear whatever they like. ]

Jesus christ ! Are we really discussing fashion on TNet ??

Clearly,

Oct 16, 2019, 8:25 AM

They should switch to jerseys and jorts. Cargo jorts.

Re: Clearly,

Oct 16, 2019, 8:26 AM

I completely agree. They should alao be wearing Tevas.

Maybe that shoud be camo cargo jorts

Oct 16, 2019, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Clearly, ]

to honor our military heritage and all.

It's Tradition

Oct 16, 2019, 8:31 AM

Orange Overalls are a tradition for Central Spirit flag handlers that dates back many years. It's a nod to the agricultural tradition of the school. Is honoring ag popular or trendy? No. But I for one appreciate the fact that someone (outside of the Class of '55 shop) honors the ag tradition of Clemson. And that's coming from a Biochem major and physician. Yes, I'm biased as I ran/waved the 'N' from 1999-2001 and still own my orange overalls (that no longer fit). And yes, the irony of your post is that Judge Keller played a significant role in this particular tradition. So if you were going for ironic sarcasm, then well played. If you truly dislike the tradition, then I'll just agree to disagree.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sarcasm. I truly don't like the tradition.

Oct 16, 2019, 1:00 PM

I understand that some people think it's a great tradition, but I would guess that most people would be okay seeing that tradition go away.

If the responses in this thread are any indication, then

Oct 17, 2019, 1:10 PM

no, most people would not be okay with seeing that tradition go away.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

If TigerNet posts represent our fan base at large

Oct 17, 2019, 9:26 PM

then we are in huge trouble.

Exhibit A...

Oct 17, 2019, 9:46 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Since-we-are-discussing-ridiculous-things-today-26150715

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Exhibit B

Dec 11, 2019, 9:03 PM

and if you want to click.....

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Well-since-you-say-that-ALL-of-TNet-said-so-26492900#26492900

Oct 16, 2019, 9:43 AM

Orange Overalls themselves are a tradition that dates back decades at Clemson from the agricultural roots of the school. From Judge Keller's actually. I know that because that is the reason I got Central Spirit to adopt them for the people running the flags during the game when I was Football/Basketball Director in 2000-2001.

Prior to that, Central Spirit members were down there in whatever they were wearing for the game and we looked a bit scraggly. We needed some type of uniform that wasn't in use elsewhere (especially since we were running across the field to start the game) and when it comes to Central Spirit, we're all about honoring traditions. I did some research and made it a requirement.

Proper Orange Overalls are white from Judge Keller's and they'll take them home and dye them the correct Orange for you. I know there are some copycat options that have come around since, but that's where you get "real" Clemson Orange Overalls.

I'm pretty proud that it stuck and it's now a tradition going into its 20th year.

Attended the 100th Clemson vs. USC game on a broken ankle from 8 hours earlier. Got a recliner in the endzone for the 100th game...it was worth it. Story in Profile.

I understand the tradition, I just don't like it.***

Oct 16, 2019, 1:02 PM

Oct 16, 2019, 1:00 PM

Are the balloons a protest?

Oct 16, 2019, 1:03 PM

Orange Overalls were big on game day back in 1976 and 1977.

So you're saying I can be thankful that fewer people

Oct 16, 2019, 4:11 PM

today wear overalls to games compared to years past?

Is it basketball season already? Da' Judge is getting restless.

You wanna stary a riot ? Because this is how you start a riot with true Clemsoners ;)

DB23

Not looking for a riot. Just showing some tough love.

Oct 16, 2019, 8:04 PM

The average viewer doesn't think the orange overalls are endearing or cool. They think they look ridiculous.

Most people don't know or care that agriculture was part of Clemson's founding. Honestly, agriculture's importance at Clemson has dwindled greatly over the past few decades.

I don't think our agricultural roots are anything to be ashamed of, I just don't understand why it is something some people think should be flaunted during what is prime marketing time for Clemson University and Clemson football every Saturday.

We also have strong roots in engineering and math, both of which are far more prominent at Clemson today than agriculture. But I don't see us dressing like engineers or mathematicians at football games.

Re: Not looking for a riot. Just showing some tough love.

Oct 17, 2019, 11:45 PM

So orange pocket protectors then?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would honor our engineering and math history.

Oct 18, 2019, 11:27 AM

And would probably be better than orange overalls.

"tough love" =

Dec 11, 2019, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Not looking for a riot. Just showing some tough love. ]

Clemson basketball should be far better than we are in year 10 of Brownell's tenure. You should accept this reality for what it is instead of deluding yourself with played out, weak excuses.

That's tough love, ma'am.

They could be wearing orange dyed Jorts!***

Oct 16, 2019, 4:56 PM

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Top Deck or Upper Deck?

Oct 16, 2019, 5:02 PM

Discuss

Re: Top Deck or Upper Deck?

Jan 20, 2021, 9:59 PM

Both have their advantages.

The older i get, the more i prefer Lower.

JMO.

Oct 16, 2019, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Top Deck or Upper Deck? ]

Both have their advantages.

The older i get, the more i prefer Lower.

JMO.

Oct 17, 2019, 7:23 AM [ in reply to Top Deck or Upper Deck? ]

Although I've always known it as the upper deck, either name is OK with me.

Dang Judge Keller

Oct 16, 2019, 8:48 PM

I thought you sold a bunch of orange overalls. I wear them in the woods so I won’t get shot. The Liberty ones were pretty weak, though.

Oct 16, 2019, 8:58 PM

I'll bet you're fun at parties. Geezzzz...

Do you wear orange overalls to parties?***

Oct 17, 2019, 10:47 AM

Orange overalls is a poor look in any year really.

Oct 16, 2019, 11:21 PM

But it's our poor look, and it's fun. Part of the mystique.

That Disney production really highlighted those in their footage. Thought that was cool.

Go Tigers.

Wow, there are a lot of snowflakes here.

Oct 17, 2019, 10:56 AM

I never knew that an internet post disliking orange overalls would bother some of you so much.

There is no need to equate not liking orange overalls with some hatred of farmers or lack of pride in Clemson's agricultural history. My post wasn't an attack on farmers, rural America, your grand-pappy who was a farmer, you, or anyone else.

I just happen to think that overalls are a better look for farming, and not for representing our fine university at a football game.

Perhaps it would be best if you change your user name

Oct 17, 2019, 11:08 AM

since you have a problem with a tradition that is so closely tied to Judge Keller's.

You have failed to answer a key question here, why do you think it is a bad look in 2019 to honor our school's agriculture roots?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I don't think orange overalls honor our history worth a crap

Oct 17, 2019, 12:16 PM

I seriously doubt that most people watching our football games see the orange overalls and say, "Wow, that's great, Clemson must have an agricultural history and that's why they are wearing orange overalls." Instead, they are saying, "Why are those people wearing overalls?!?"

If the intention is to honor the school's agricultural history, two things need to be clear:

1. That we have an agricultural history. Many people at the game, or watching on TV, probably don't know that.
2. That we are honoring our agricultural history in a specific way.

There is nothing agricultural about waving flags with letters on them, so the overalls just look out of place.

Some ideas I have to better honor our agricultural history:

1. Have a dedicated farmer's market on campus and perhaps even in/around the stadium with Clemson items (fruits, veggies, Clemson blue cheese, Clemson milk shakes, etc.)
2. Instead of having concession stands using mass produced ingredients from a large food service provider, be unique and use locally sourced/family farmed ingredients. These would be much healthier items and actually do something good for the local economy, rather than buying the same standard fare from industrial farmers.
3. Dedicate a game each year to honoring local farmers. Recognize local farmers who graduated from Clemson and own farms. Let the band play a special set of songs to somehow honor agriculture/farming life. It could be really fun.

Those are just some of my ideas.

Re: I don't think orange overalls honor our history worth a crap

Oct 17, 2019, 1:30 PM

I think more people than you think “get it”. If they don’t, oh well. I think most fans don’t worry about image in that way. That we have a great team that get a great education and are developed as young men is what matters. Fashionistas be d@mned. Besides, even though it’s 2019 some of us still realize food doesn’t come from grocery stores. Oh, on the snowflake thing. Could being worried about what someone thinks of our flag-bearer’s overalls be a wee bit flakeish? Asking for a friend.

There is a fine line between caring too much what people think

Oct 17, 2019, 9:30 PM

and realizing that powerful messaging is in the details.

Of course we shouldn’t let random people’s whims dictate our every move. But if we care about portraying Clemson in the best light possible, which I hope we all do, then we should periodically ask ourselves how we are doing with our messaging.

You seem to be doing very well with your messaging...

Oct 17, 2019, 9:36 PM

20%, lol, the people have spoken.

Who cares what those simpletons think.

Oct 18, 2019, 10:03 AM

signed, Judge Keller®

So basically any visual reminder of our agricultural

Oct 18, 2019, 9:10 AM [ in reply to There is a fine line between caring too much what people think ]

heritage is embarrassing and beneath us?

Got it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way to completely miss the point.

Oct 18, 2019, 11:28 AM

You really don't read well, do you?

OK I'll amend my original statement...

Oct 18, 2019, 11:45 AM

So basically any reminder of our agricultural heritage that is visible on TV during a sporting event is embarrassing and beneath us?

Got it.

Those farmers should just be happy with a farmers market...

Oct 18, 2019, 12:24 PM

somewhere on campus. Why are they always trying to cause trouble?

Hopefully somewhere out of sight and away from TV cameras

Oct 18, 2019, 12:29 PM

Hey, farmer, go work the farmers market on game day.

Oct 18, 2019, 12:42 PM

That’s some tribute.

Maybe we could honor our packaging science majors by having them fold pizza boxes?

You must've missed my suggestions as to how

Oct 18, 2019, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Those farmers should just be happy with a farmers market... ]

we can better honor our farming history, as well as current farmers, at Clemson.

Nope, that’s exactly where I got this.

Oct 18, 2019, 1:45 PM

And exactly why I’m making fun of it.

Is making fun of over Clemson people's opinions

Oct 18, 2019, 1:54 PM

and thoughts also a tradition? Asking for a friend.

You’re getting what you’re getting b/c you are...

Oct 18, 2019, 1:58 PM

doubling down. If you were a true fan, who cared about other fan’s perspectives, you would have played this differently, but you didn’t, so quit whining about the heat you’re getting.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

It's clearly not embarrassing or beneath us

Oct 18, 2019, 1:41 PM [ in reply to OK I'll amend my original statement... ]

based on the fact that we do it and many of you have jumped all over me for daring to disagree with it.

I just don't like it and don't think it sends the right message in 2019.

Again, if we truly want to honor our agricultural history, there are other, better ways to do it than with orange overalls.

Says you...

Oct 18, 2019, 1:47 PM

And literally no one else, except a bunch of people who apparently have sought you out to question this.

Lol, this is weak dude. W.E.A.K.

WEAK is placing so much importance

Oct 18, 2019, 1:55 PM

to the point of divinity, on a pair of orange overalls!

I merely stated that they aren't a good look, and offered better ways to honor our agricultural history at Clemson. Why does this bother you so much?

Apparently you’re in the minority.

Oct 18, 2019, 2:01 PM

Why does that bother you so much?

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

I wonder how those flag wavers in the endzone feel,

Oct 18, 2019, 8:49 PM [ in reply to WEAK is placing so much importance ]

when someone claiming to be a fan, says they look "stupid'.

Your words, not mine.

Sports bras while covered in paint.

Oct 17, 2019, 11:00 AM

or guys covered in paint and glitter!

How is it possible for you to have this take with

Oct 17, 2019, 11:14 AM

the handle Judge Keller???

GO TIGERS!!

Because Judge Keller, and his store, were/are about

Oct 17, 2019, 12:19 PM

far more than orange overalls.

So is Clemson.

Oct 17, 2019, 9:37 PM

Enjoy the parts you like and let others do the same.

Likewise, you should allow people to have opinions

Oct 18, 2019, 11:29 AM

about Clemson that you might not share.

I’m not surprised you don’t see the difference.

Oct 18, 2019, 11:53 AM

I’m not trying to take away any tradition from a Clemson fan, nor am I insulting a large portion of the fan base in the process. I’m simply pointing out, that while you are entitled to your opinion, you don’t speak for everyone.

And also, your opinion is dumb.

Not liking orange overalls is insulting a large portion

Oct 18, 2019, 1:43 PM

of our fan base?

WOW.

Re: Not liking orange overalls is insulting a large portion

Oct 18, 2019, 1:48 PM

Your Meme, not mine...

so its, "do as I say, not as I do"?

Dec 11, 2019, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Likewise, you should allow people to have opinions ]

Yep, just like a woman.

I like the Orange britches...

Oct 17, 2019, 12:28 PM

...part of Clemson and Clemson College FB tradition.

Just my .02...

I bet you like the woohoo, don't you?***

Oct 18, 2019, 1:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unabashed bump

Oct 18, 2019, 8:04 PM

for the December crowd

Funny

Dec 11, 2019, 4:53 PM

and clever.

Dec 11, 2019, 1:05 PM

Well as I sat there Saturday night watching the guy run back and forth with the flag after every score. I was hoping for a not top 10 moment with him falling on national TV. That would have been hilarious!

I really wish

Dec 11, 2019, 1:06 PM

RevDodd® was around to see this nonsense!

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

He's here in spirit though.......

Dec 11, 2019, 1:09 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Son-those-overalls-support-Clemson-more-than-you-ever-will-431708

I miss the rev...

Dec 11, 2019, 8:58 PM

:(

Dec 11, 2019, 1:18 PM

I would say most people dont care what the flag wavers are wearing and most Clemson fans love all the Orange at the football game. The orange overalls just add more of our favorite football color to the game. Who cares whether its overalls or three piece suits as long as its Clemson orange?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd wager that most people so adamantly defending

Dec 11, 2019, 8:56 PM

orange overalls wouldn't be a fan of the suits. They would say that a suit was dressing up too much, and trying too hard to impress people for a country ag school.

"ridiculous things"

Dec 11, 2019, 1:23 PM

You mean like your weak clemson basketball excuses? I think you should try harder not to troll or antagonize, lest you will be called out for said weak excuses.

Have a good one.

Uhh Oklahoma rides out in a covered wagon

Dec 11, 2019, 1:30 PM

Re: Uhh Oklahoma rides out in a covered wagon

Dec 11, 2019, 3:17 PM

Judge Keller will turn on Brownell is NY minute if he shows up coaching a game in orange overalls.

I think JK would rush out to buy a pear if saw Brad rocking

Dec 11, 2019, 4:14 PM

the O-hauls.

Re: I think JK would rush out to buy a pear if saw Brad rocking

Dec 11, 2019, 9:16 PM

Yep and this thread has completely changed my opinion of Judge Keller
And i am a gonna get me orange overhauls for game day!
Already got the straw hat and the Ag Eng degree from clemson college

Re: I think JK would rush out to buy a pear if saw Brad rocking

Dec 11, 2019, 9:16 PM [ in reply to I think JK would rush out to buy a pear if saw Brad rocking ]

Yep and this thread has completely changed my opinion of Judge Keller
And i am a gonna get me orange overhauls for game day!
Already got the straw hat and the Ag Eng degree from clemson college

Nope, I'll turn on Brownell when he stops coaching hard

Dec 11, 2019, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Uhh Oklahoma rides out in a covered wagon ]

and/or representing our university with class.

The same approach I have with all of our coaches.

Re: Nope, I'll turn on Brownell when he stops coaching hard

Dec 11, 2019, 9:06 PM

So you’re finally on record that there is no performance threshold low enough that you would ever want to move on from Brownell. Just your entirely subjective belief that he coaches hard and with class - presumably greater amounts of both than would be replacements. Larry Shyatt coached hard and with class. Larry is a great guy and extremely well respected in the profession. Should we have ever fired him? He averaged significantly higher attendance than Brownell. But that can’t possibly be in anyway Brad’s responsibility. His only job is to coach hard and with class.

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

That’s the same courtesy you extend all our coaches?

Dec 11, 2019, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Nope, I'll turn on Brownell when he stops coaching hard ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-I-wasnt-ready-to-fire-anyone-26499476

You need to lighten up - it's overalls!***

Dec 11, 2019, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Uhh Oklahoma rides out in a covered wagon ]

Re: You need to lighten up - it's overalls!***

Dec 11, 2019, 9:12 PM

### - literally same.

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Re: You need to lighten up - it's overalls!***

Dec 12, 2019, 9:13 AM [ in reply to You need to lighten up - it's overalls!*** ]

Says the gal who started a thread about how she hates the "stupid" looking orange overalls.

sarcastic gif in lieu of useful input below.......

Orange Overalls?

Dec 11, 2019, 1:46 PM

Are you kidding? This is Clemson football, orange overalls have been associated with it since at least the late 70s that I know of. Would you rather the flag wavers wear their orange frat blazers? Jumpsuits and lederhosen?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since you're so concerned about honoring our history

Dec 11, 2019, 8:59 PM

are you also wanting to honor our roots as a segregated all male school? It was a prominent part of our history for a long time, just as agriculture was.

I will trade them for the Country Gentleman..............***

Dec 11, 2019, 4:28 PM

I think I have a solution. We are also a textile school

Dec 11, 2019, 4:36 PM

I think we should wear white sheets to show our affiliation with the textile industry and our affinity for woven goods.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think I have a solution. We are also a textile school

Dec 11, 2019, 4:40 PM

This is a really dumb thread.

Dec 11, 2019, 5:05 PM

So, I'll join in.....

I really miss the orange straw hat look of the 60s and early 70s. That was a fashion statement.

I don't miss the shorts,long sleeve shirt, tie and sport coat look the frat guys all wore too often.

I've never worn orange bib overalls to a game. Come to think of it, I've never owned any bib overalls.

I think the Georgia look, you know the guys with the spikes on their shoulders, represents UGa perfectly.

I enjoyed the look of the liberated woman which the braless look of the the 70s captured so well. I also enjoyed following young women up the steps of Memorial Stadium when mini-skirts were the rage. (Call me a creep if you must but I did enjoy it.)

I don't miss the sports coat look of the late 60s or the suit look of the 50s at all.

I've never worn a jersey to a game unless I was playing. And I never will.

I might be odd, but I've never once looked at the clothing worn by fans at football games and thought anything at all about how the fans were representing their university.

Back to the drawing board....

Dec 11, 2019, 5:15 PM [ in reply to I think I have a solution. We are also a textile school ]

He has opinions on our textile history too...

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Its-definitely-time-to-stop-calling-it-the-Textile-Bowl-24259311

You didn't get the help I recommended, did you?

Dec 11, 2019, 9:03 PM

Your stalking is becoming more concerning.

Yeah...

Dec 11, 2019, 9:26 PM

That’s gonna work. I’m the bad guy because I have a great memory and/or found a post made on a public message board. Lol.

JFC what an idiot

Dec 12, 2019, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Back to the drawing board.... ]

I guess all of the textile companies that are moving to the upstate and Raleigh area because they can access the talent pipeline from Clemson and NCSU don't count? Or the fact that the Southern Textile Association has at least one major conference a year in Clemson at the Madren Center. The number of Clemson grads that are working in textiles is pretty astounding. And I have attended 2 major textile trade shows in Raleigh this year where NCSU was a major contributor. To say "textiles is not a meaningful part of either school" is really, really ignorant.

Well, if you thought JK was above making stuff up...

Dec 12, 2019, 9:39 AM

to support his agenda, you gave him too much credit.

This is hilarious.

Dec 11, 2019, 9:01 PM [ in reply to I think I have a solution. We are also a textile school ]

But I don't think many people here will appreciate your humor.

Dec 11, 2019, 4:57 PM

Delete your account.

Screw Calford.

Replies: 151
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic