Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Okay- anyone dealing with CDC for shots - 'SPLAIN this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Okay- anyone dealing with CDC for shots - 'SPLAIN this

Jan 24, 2021, 8:53 AM

The VAMS computer system worked well at the vaccination center in Greenville, but the online scheduling still baffles me. Besides scheduling me for 3 appointments at places that were not giving shots and cancelling 2 of them without a request to do so, I have had 2 messages telling me I needed to reschedule cancelled appointments that I had already rescheduled. And then the following "Update" has been e-mailed. From what I can glean from all the gibberish, I think it is saying I might get to the clinic for the 2nd shot, check in at the door and maybe not be able to get the shot for some reason (ran out of vaccine before I get to the end of the line? If true - bad omen). If that is what they mean, I think they could have done so with a lot fewer words and stated what they are anticipating more easily. Let me think what you think about this.
This is word for word. (auto-correct changed so many things that I had to re-re-correct to get it back to original - I could not cut & paste)

RECIPIENT PORTAL UPDATE : Improvement to recipient scheduling workflow.

If recipient is checked in for an appointment but the clinic does not take further action on their record in VAMS, the recipient will now be able to schedule a new appointment. The Schedule Appointment button will reappear for recipients once they are checked in and the system will allow them to schedule a new appointment 28 days after their checked in appointment.The system will also auto-cancel anyone still in check in status after 31 days.

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or does this mean someone at the clinic failed to

Jan 24, 2021, 9:05 AM

enter info saying you got the shot and that failure didn't open a link to schedule your second shot? That's probably what it is intended but why wouldn't they just say so?

Message was edited by: clover65®

I’m from the government and here to help you....

Jan 24, 2021, 9:23 AM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m from the government and here to help you....

Jan 24, 2021, 9:45 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhYJS80MgYA

Re: Okay- anyone dealing with CDC for shots - 'SPLAIN this

Jan 24, 2021, 9:36 AM

The government is not good at things. Look at the DMV/USPS. Minus the military they’re pretty incompetent

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any reason you excluded the military?

Jan 24, 2021, 10:17 AM

Not saying I don’t appreciate them, but they are not immune to incompetence, especially on the admin side.

Re: Any reason you excluded the military?

Jan 24, 2021, 11:06 AM

100% correct.Hurry up and wait was a real deal from my experience.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2021, 9:39 AM

If the government told me not to get the vaccine then I would.

Jan 24, 2021, 10:06 AM

I don’t think that the CDC is responsible for the point of service. More likely DHEC or a contractor

The point of service isn’t my complaint

Jan 24, 2021, 11:36 AM

with this message- the CDC put this statement online “explaining “ an improvement they have made in scheduling without telling us why such a change would be needed

Jan 24, 2021, 10:23 AM

Clover---- I though by now you would have learned the government is highly selective who they hire to write the rules and regulations proposed by politicians who have no idea what they entail. The object is to write something that no one can understand, not even the writer. This requires the government to hire additional people to answer the questions that you and all other citizens seek. This requires about three or four levels and the final level tells us we are the problem and we are back to Square One.

The only answer I know is to put your foot in the door and don't move it until someone can give you a straight answer (in English)

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's only one explanation - FUBAR***

Jan 24, 2021, 11:24 AM

Jan 24, 2021, 11:51 AM

I set up my covid vaccine through CDC VAMS site and did cancel a second shot location and then rebooked same day earlier date at a different location. I did get an email from CDC yesterday that I cancelled my appt. and needed to rebook which I did. When I went on the login site it shows I cancelled and rebooked. I am disregarding the email since shows I have an appointment for second shot. Hope this helps.

No help there in “Splainin’ that

Jan 24, 2021, 12:02 PM

message- I also got those reschedule notifications after changing appointments and ignored them but this “check in” changes message is different

Re: No help there in “Splainin’ that

Jan 24, 2021, 12:16 PM

I am not sure what the check in you are referring to means. I do not see this and never saw for first shot. I just went into my appts. and saw where i cancelled and have a new appt. I disregarded also the email that said I need to reschedule.

I have done all of that too

Jan 24, 2021, 12:28 PM

If you read the message I put in my original post - it was on the VAMS website this morning as an update talking about a new improvement allowing people to reschedule appointments after "check in" at clinics and the clinic failed to enter something.

Jan 24, 2021, 12:24 PM

Have any of you ever seen a new computer program function perfectly when installed in the private sector? Don't think so.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It doesn't matter how the computer program

Jan 24, 2021, 12:30 PM

functioned - my problem is with the wording of that message .

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic