Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was watching some tape on Ohio State and was surprised...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 6,011

I was watching some tape on Ohio State and was surprised...

Dec 22, 2020, 10:52 AM

at how slow they were. Team wide, they are clearly a step behind our ACC competition, which puts them two steps behind us. It's alarming really. I'm not sure what's happened to recruiting up there, but they just don't have it. Maybe they don't take strength and training as seriously as we do? Maybe because it snows 9 months a year and they all stay inside and eat? At any rate, big advantage for Clemson in this area.

I was also surprised that we had only beaten them 4 times, then I found where we had only played them 4 times. Maybe it's because they have a culture of violence. Their head coach was fired for punching one of our players a few years back and last year their motto was "feel our violence", they lost both games. I much prefer the way our players and coaches conduct themselves, in a business like manner.

Another thing, they seem to put a lot of weight on the past. I didn't look it up, but does anyone know if they've ever won a national championship in football prior to Urban Meyer? I know they have that one, but not sure that makes them a blue blood like us, even though they seem to think it does.

Finally, I was thinking of heading over to eleven warriors to talk x's & o's, but that site is a mess. It looks like it was designed in 2002. Very difficult to navigate, not intuitive, and not many posters. After about 1 minute, I had to leave. I think the site may be having money issues, like I've heard the rest of the state is. My cousin sold a used Buick to someone up there and said their roads are a mess and there is lots of drug use.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Lol @ Ohio State

Dec 22, 2020, 11:05 AM

They’re so slow. The only explosive part of their team is Ryan Day’s mouth.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even Herbstreet has stated that the Buckeyes secondary is

Dec 22, 2020, 11:14 AM

not nearly as good as last years. Not to mention that Fields has not played well this year. He has 15 TDs and 5 ints. Even worse, they have only played two teams with a winning record, Indiana and Northwestern.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lol @ Ohio State

Dec 22, 2020, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Lol @ Ohio State ]

Ryan strikes me as a sloppy mess of a “man” with chronic explosive diarrhea.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More like diarrhea of the mouth...***

Dec 22, 2020, 11:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I personally watched 32 hours of film this morning

Dec 22, 2020, 11:05 AM

and I agree with your analysis. Our ACC schedule has prepared us for this step down in competition.

These are the well-researched, thoughtful, objective posts that you won't find anywhere else, especially on the "Coaches Poll #11 Warriors" site

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Provably false.

Dec 22, 2020, 11:24 PM

Three hours of film for each of their paltry six games is only eighteen hours. Shirley you didn’t watch them more than once.

Ohio St. has had 4 National Titles. That said they only have

Dec 22, 2020, 11:11 AM

had two since 2002.

They won the National Title in 1954 and 1963. They then went 39 years until 2002 to win their third. Miami was robbed by a terrible pass interference call on Miami on the last play of that game. Miami should have won.

Their last title was the first CFP title in 2014.

Sounds like they’ve only had 2 since 1963...

Dec 22, 2020, 11:14 AM

That may have even been prior to the BCS, not sure when it started though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

The BCS started in 1998 -***

Dec 22, 2020, 11:20 AM

Re: Ohio St. has had 4 National Titles. That said they only have

Dec 22, 2020, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Ohio St. has had 4 National Titles. That said they only have ]

OSU has 7 Nat championships ...last 3 are 1968 ,2002,2014 .

Dec 22, 2020, 10:16 PM

In what? Building snowmen?

Dec 23, 2020, 5:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Ohio St. has had 4 National Titles. That said they only have ]

In the past 50 bucknuts have 2 national championships. Clemson has 3. I live in Ohio and remind the fans up here that. Then I ask them how Owen is.... 0 and 4 against Clemson. Needless to say they love me. ??

Dec 23, 2020, 8:47 AM

You can add that they have never even been able to beat the coots. That should brighten their Day.

As for their titles before 2002, they are as legitimate as that of UCF. About all you had to do was claim them back then.

When you have to remind everyone that you're a blue blood

Dec 23, 2020, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Ohio St. has had 4 National Titles. That said they only have ]

maybe you're not one. Just a thought.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Actually, I feel sorry for them.

Dec 22, 2020, 11:20 AM

They have such a long history of being the victim, which decades ago began the gestation of their current inferiority complex.
Now, that inferiority complex just grows and grows exponentially with each passing failure of a season in football.
I'm not one who generally buys into the notion that people can be held exempt from personal accountability, but in this case, it just may not be their fault.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Watched replay of the B10CG. Have seldom seen

Dec 22, 2020, 11:22 AM

a team shoot themselves in the foot as much as Northwestern did. I bet they won’t dial up the reverse to number19 against Auburn. One intentional grounding and then a 9 yard loss on first down. Both with great field position. Not to mention poor decisions by their qb that resulted in interceptions. I know wuda, shuda, cuda but NW really screwed the pooch.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL;DR

Dec 22, 2020, 11:27 AM

and I’m surprised that you can be surprised.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TL;DR

Dec 22, 2020, 3:49 PM

That’s hardly surprising...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Your post is full of

Dec 22, 2020, 8:12 PM

accurate information. Everything you said is accurate. Definitely the most accurate thing I've read today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Francis --- REALLY man, COME ON - you should have

Dec 22, 2020, 8:39 PM

left a few boxes of crayons over there so they would have something to chew on when you left.

null

we’re playing ohio state?!

Dec 22, 2020, 10:11 PM

d@mn - i’ve been thinking oklahoma state this hole time. the osu thing had me whacked. why did the fuknuts copy oklahoma state with the osu?? just can’t hide stoopid and no real school tradition

#### yeah! game just got 50x easier. thx for heads up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: we’re playing ohio state?!

Dec 22, 2020, 10:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LISSEN CHERE TA ME BOY

Dec 22, 2020, 10:42 PM

That was an elegant masterpiece. 5 stars. Re-spect mon. Abdomen tensing!

True, but credit where it’s due, Oiho women can really keep you warm at night

Dec 22, 2020, 11:32 PM

on account of them being so fat and sweaty and all.

For sure - “roll them in flour to find the wet spot” just

Dec 23, 2020, 8:09 AM

doesn’t work on those women . . . . their whole body just comes back sticky as pie crust.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Hold Sermon to 120 yards or less...

Dec 22, 2020, 11:49 PM

No turnovers, and we win by at least 2 or 3 scores.

Charleston has to hold up until we get Turner back after halftime, too.

I think the odds of TigerNet taking over the #1 spot just incrementally improved.

Dec 22, 2020, 11:55 PM

And so has the melt down potential.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was watching some tape on Ohio State and was surprised...

Dec 23, 2020, 8:32 AM

You know...I think I've heard the same about that EW site.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

you skipped the most important question of all....

Dec 23, 2020, 8:47 AM

why does half the population of Ohio move to the SC coast, then spend half their waking hours loudly telling us backwards rubes how great it is up there?

Oh, and the black socks & sandals....why do they think THAT is a good look?

Replies: 29
| visibility 6,011
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic