Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offensive question for the guru's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,060

Offensive question for the guru's

Sep 3, 2014, 8:23 AM

Which is an indication of where we are offensively?

a. First half performance, including 250 yds, 50+ plays, huge time of possession advantage

or

b. second half performance

Seems like some think it's the second half performance, and they forget about those first 20 minutes.

just curious

tia in advance

and yes, I agree the running game sucks right now

Message was edited by: york_tiger®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

everyone?***

Sep 3, 2014, 8:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fixed***

Sep 3, 2014, 8:31 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

"everyone" forgets about those first 20 minutes?

Sep 3, 2014, 8:32 AM

#####?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fixed***

Sep 3, 2014, 8:33 AM

you could just tmale me, i'll make the necessary adjustments

Sep 3, 2014, 8:37 AM

then send it back to you.

that's pretty thin ice you were on; i had the skeered for you.

;)

Re: you could just tmale me, i'll make the necessary adjustments***

Sep 3, 2014, 8:43 AM

no need for that i'm being selfish, hoping to save me time.***

Sep 3, 2014, 8:46 AM

Re: Offensive question for the guru's

I'm not offended; should I be?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on what Morris chooses to do and call

We should we have the skill and talent to outplay UGA in their own stadium when Morris cut loose and kept their D honest with shots down the field and running the ball.

In the second half the moment UGA saw that we were going to be conservative and not test their secondary they sent the dogs each and every play and Morris got more and more conservative. Horrible short passes, bubble screens, and QB draws made us lose yardage and backed us up so the punts allowed UGA to start with excellent field position and screwed our defense 3 ways from Sunday

we have no playmakers or haven't you heard?***

Sep 3, 2014, 8:36 AM

We also had 3 straight 3 and outs in the 1st half

Sep 3, 2014, 8:38 AM

and the time of possession is artificially inflated because of UGA's kickoff return.

But I would say that the first half performance was more like what we will see. A bunch of hot and cold, possession by possession swings this year.

Sep 3, 2014, 8:45 AM

I think UGA is going to be much better on defense than they were last year. Their new DC was certainly less aggressive in the 1st half than the 2nd. Some of that had to do with the fact it was his first game with their players I think, and maybe he took the first half to feel some things out.

But also, as a rule, many DC's will not take chances in the first half for fear of getting burned and getting their team behind. If a game is close or a their team has a lead a DC will get more aggressive when there is only 30 minutes left.

Someone else posted that since Morris has been OC all of the losses have been by big deficits. It's almost like if Morris's offense isn't blowing out a team it does not operate well conservatively and the opponent takes advantage. His offense is built for speed and scoring a bunch.....if he's not going uptempo it seems to look ugly.

what about all the close games we've won?

Sep 3, 2014, 8:46 AM

we didn't blow people out

Sep 3, 2014, 9:39 AM

A little bit of both... We showed flashes of brilliance but w year a new starting QB, young talent, and a lack of OL depth I think there will be mixed batches. But lets not forget, there were some bad stretches at times too with Boyd and company and I'm not just talking FSU, and USuCk... There were some other games where we had back to back 3 and outs. Granted, we would get our crap together and go on and win, but you aren't always going to move the ball as fast and efficiently as you want.

I think that showing is indicative of what's to come. I think their will be lulls at times, but a lot more good than bad. It was the first game in a hostile environment, we will tune up this week, and hopefully go into FSU ready to make some noise. By mid season, I expect this O to look very similar to last years and possibly even better w the 2 QB's that will make less mistakes overall.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,060
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic