Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Observations from last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Observations from last night

Nov 26, 2020, 10:47 AM

- The most obvious is that PJ Hall is D1-ready. What a boon to this team to have a true freshman of his caliber
- Team defending and effort on display from pretty much every player that saw the floor. Sure Miss St shot themselves in the foot a good bit with their turnovers but it's great to see early hints that we'll continue to be a challenging team to score on
- Not enough from our guards getting to the basket. Need to see more of it from others besides Dawes. Often times you can see our guards pre-meditating pulling out of a drive for a kick-out. Even if we get stuffed a few times in the process, I'd like to see us shift our offensive philosophy to be more rim-oriented
- As an extension of that, a carry-over we're seeing from last year is outright disdain for interior passing. Kidd specifically was rolling into an excellent scoring position in the paint off of screens and our ball handlers just ignored him. Last season this would happen often to Trey Jemison, where I was constantly yelling at my screen for him to be fed to no avail. In this game we also saw PJ Hall be very effective in establishing an advantageous post position. For years Brownell teams have suffered from long scoring droughts. We have bigs that can do work and if we'd just feed them I think we'll find more offensive consistency
- This is fun. I'm excited to see the team develop and hope we can stay healthy enough to make a tournament run. Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Observations from last night

Nov 26, 2020, 10:58 AM

I wish Jemison had stayed. He would be useful on defense tonight against the 7’4” kid from Purdue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 11:01 AM

Totally agree. I was really looking forward to his continued development and to us having an established veteran center. I wonder to what degree his decision to leave stemmed from our inability to feed him last season. It likely had more to do with the talent influx of bigs, but who knows. Either way, I miss him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 11:46 AM

I'm not really a basketball expert, but I do enjoy watching Tiger basketball, and watching last nights game, I was impressed by the hustle some our guys were showing. Hall stood out, though. Not only his hustle, but his sportsmanship. Not enough of that in sports these days.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic