Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OT: Bowl Season Schedule Link & opt outs!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

OT: Bowl Season Schedule Link & opt outs!

Dec 1, 2020, 7:51 PM

With all the outbreaks if you are like me you have wondered "what of bowl season besides the playoffs"! As a football fan I am happy to see these games are still on as of two days ago.

OF course, as a Clemson fan I am only concerned with which one we land in assuming we beat ND in the championship game.

Hoping it stays this way. Seems like once the teams get to the bowl location you can "isolate the teams" even better than when they are on campus. Nobody in or around players/coaches/support staff that isn't confirmed negative. Go out and play the ball game without worry!

Other concern in this Covid-19 crazy year is opt outs being at an all time high. Finish the deal like all the players before you. If you are good enough and assuming you are avoiding injury hopefully your injury is nothing serious enough to keep you from getting drafted.
Unless you are somewhere in rounds 1, 2 or 3 it really doesn't matter! If all you have is what you hope to do at the combine - you probably need to play the bowl game to show what you can do "playing football"! Most players playing aren't going to the NFL - so next man up if there is a mass exodus.

These kids "don't love to play" like players use to. They don't love the competition; I don't believe. I know the argument against playing well. I just think if you love to compete; you don't pass up a chance to go show your skills. Getting hurt isn't on your mind; showing what you have as a player is!

Yeah, yeah, easy for me to say ( to the skeptic ). But, you finish the deal with your brothers especially if you have played all those games prior w/o injury - why would you let that thought enter your mind? Before that was a thing - players didn't think about it. There may have been examples I am not aware of where a bowl game injury cost a person an NFL opportunity. But, not a ton! What if you opt out to prep for the NFL and get injured while training? Many of the injuries now are non-contact injuries! What then? It's one more game.

The above portion was my rant for the day, LOL!
https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2020-11-30/2020-21-college-football-bowl-schedule-dates-times-tv-channels

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OT: Bowl Season Schedule Link & opt outs!

Dec 1, 2020, 8:30 PM

Is soukarliner opting out of bowl season? They have a long history of that!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic