Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am concerned about our wides
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

I am concerned about our wides

Jan 11, 2020, 10:46 AM

They were often single covered and physically dominated by OSU. LSU plans to do the same. Are our guys 100% healthy ? I have some questions about Ross's body and Tee's head. Could it be that the reason we haven't been seeing any practice video is to hide their injuries ? Can Overton, Ngata, Ladson, et al step up and fill those shoes ? Can our wides go 100% ? Can they power through the aggressive one-on-one coverage that they are going to see from LSU ?

If LSU CAN cover our wides one-on-one, that will free up people to cover our other options, including Amari, ETN, and TL running. If we can't spread the field with our wides, that could lead to a long night.

I understand that there are a lot of questions and speculation above, but can anyone offer me more than platitudes in answer to these questions ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, don’t worry about it. Enjoy your Saturday.

Jan 11, 2020, 10:50 AM

(and your Monday)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am concerned about our wides

Jan 11, 2020, 11:08 AM

Well, there are a couple of sayings that address all of your concerns. I didn't come up with them, but I think they're spot on. They go something like this.

#WeTooDeep

Next man up.

HTH :)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

no need to be concerned

Jan 11, 2020, 11:13 AM

Because there is nothing you can do to change anything. Im sure you are aware everyone is healthy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Put your orange colored glasses on-

Jan 11, 2020, 11:23 AM

Legit concern though, wish u hadn't brought it up-

Jan 11, 2020, 11:24 AM

If you remember last year vs ND they held our WRs in check for most of the game. Yeah we had the 2 TDs before halftime but overall their DBs played a good game against our WRs. Then in the championship game Tee and Ross played as good as you could ask your WRs to play. Same thing will happen this year

Trust our coaches and players***

Jan 11, 2020, 11:31 AM

Jan 11, 2020, 11:32 AM

Ask your Mommy

The guy is just asking questions and making a comment.

Jan 11, 2020, 12:06 PM

SMH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ask your Mommy

Ask your Mommy

Ask your Mommy

I think OSU's DB's are better than LSU's. I think both will

Jan 11, 2020, 12:08 PM

be fine and will have a great game. We have several options and LSU may not be able to cover all of them. Hopefully we'll adjust to their defense and run the table again this year. We'll find out Monday night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OSU DBs are way better***

Jan 11, 2020, 12:19 PM

maybe more play action if they jam our guys at los

Jan 11, 2020, 1:56 PM

And shove them around within the 5 yards like Ross did on that big td last yr. no interference if in 5 yds and the ball is not in the air. Make them pay for being too aggressive. Their corners are a concern

Re: OSU DBs are way better***

Jan 11, 2020, 3:59 PM [ in reply to OSU DBs are way better*** ]

LSU dbs are better actually. You would think 3 days before the game you’d know a little more about your opponent.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-building-best-team-from-college-football-playoff

“ CORNERBACKS

LSU – Derek Stingley Jr., Kristian Fulton, Cordale Flott, Kary Vincent Jr.

This one was another tough choice, but the simple fact that Stingley and Fulton are the two highest-graded cornerbacks among the four teams gave little thought elsewhere. Vincent has been strong as of late, and Flott has shined in limited time — but it’s the Stingley show for the Bayou Bengals. Stingley is the highest-graded cornerback in the entire country and has played outside of his age all season long, locking onto opposing teams' No. 1 wide receivers with seemingly relative ease. Save for a few lapses in coverage that have gotten blown out of proportion (see Alabama game vs. DeVonta Smith), Stingley has locked down in coverage and has an elite 91.8 coverage grade, with 21 total plays on the ball compared to just 34 completed passes into his coverage. Fulton joins just Jeffrey Okudah as the second-highest graded cornerback in coverage grade and the only three with elite coverage grades for 2019.”

Jan 11, 2020, 4:13 PM

Actually you’re wrong, and the entire OSU defense is better than LSU’s. That includes the CB’s.

Jan 11, 2020, 7:07 PM

Lol you’re in denial.

Smith a#1?>Jeudy, Ruggs, & Waddle******

Jan 11, 2020, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Re: OSU DBs are way better*** ]

Jan 11, 2020, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Re: OSU DBs are way better*** ]

I find it ironic, that you say we should know our opponent, yet all you LSU fans are acting like we will be a cakewalk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2020, 7:28 PM

I find it ironic, that you say we should know our opponent, yet all you LSU fans are acting like we will be a cakewalk.

We don't think Clemson is a cake walk. But most LSU fans know our team. If the offense shows up, we can really bury anybody. The only time the offense hasn't shown up was in a monsoon against an Auburn team that has a much better front than Clemson. Every other game, the offense has been efficient and inundated points against every team they have played. No reason to think they can't do it again to Clemson. Our defense might not be as elite as Ohio States, but our offense is light years ahead. And btw our secondary is just as good if not better than Ohio State.

Jan 11, 2020, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: OSU DBs are way better*** ]

I don't know much about PFF, but they also ranked LSU's O-Line as #30, so I don't put much stock into their evaluations of the CBs.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-ranking-all-130-college-football-offensive-line-situations

People who worry too much

Jan 11, 2020, 2:08 PM

are unable to fully enjoy the moment. Set your worries aside and relish the fact that we're playing in our 3rd national championship game in the last 4 years.

And smile at the fact that our feathered little brother will never play in one. And the fact that Tulane has 3 more SEC Championships than said little brother.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: People who worry too much

Jan 11, 2020, 4:48 PM

I am happy to be in the CFP Natty again, but i won't be satisfied unless we win it.

I have yet to figure out how grown men derive satisfaction from the denigration of other young men.
I hope I never do.

You worry too much...

Jan 11, 2020, 2:16 PM

Have a beer...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2020, 2:45 PM

In addition to being banged up against OSU, their DB's didn't have to worry about staying with the wide ours as long. LSU's pass rush is not near as good as OSU. That means LSU's corners have to maintain coverage longer and they have to be more honest concerning deeper routes. That should make a big difference.

The refs also allowed OSU's corners to be very physical. I can't see the refs allowing more, but they could call things tighter which would make the job harder on the LSU corners. The drawback being it would be harder on our corners as well.

I wouldn't sweat what OSU was able to do against us. LSU's corners may be comparable but I would argue that the supporting cast is not, nor are they likely to operate under the same conditions.

Jan 11, 2020, 4:08 PM

It’s a huge concern. Having more time between the semis and the natty was a good thing for us this year in that it will allow Ross and Higgins to get healthy. One of them needs a huge game and the other to contribute significantly for us to have a chance to win.

As a side note it’s funny that the pundits have been using Dobbins getting injured as an excuse for why OSU lost but none of them have mentioned Higgins and Ross being banged up for us.

Jan 11, 2020, 6:46 PM

They are going to have the biggest game of the season. Don’t be so negative.

Jan 11, 2020, 7:13 PM

You need not be worried. Our WOs are fine and we will adjust. I would not be surprised to see Braden Galloway get some action. It is about time we deployed some serious TE attack!

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic