Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OL issues
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 920

OL issues

Nov 9, 2020, 9:43 AM

I honestly think Carman and McFadden have been pretty good this season and I believe have graded well, from what I've seen. However, I was thinking about the OL as a whole and wondered why we haven't seen more of the younger guys; especially on the interior.

Obviously we tighten up the rotation during games like Saturday, but I don't see a downside to giving the younger guys a look for a series or two here and there. I know Parks looks to be the best young lineman and it's unfortunate for him that tackle is the stronger piece of our OL, but the other guys were all highly rated recruits too.

IMO: worst case scenario is that the younger guys end up proving the coaches right that they're not ready for the big moment, but they at least get some experience in the meantime.
And best case scenario, the younger guys show something that we haven't seen from them yet and earn some playing time.

I fully trust our coaches' decisions, and I could be overly optimistic about the young linemen at this time, but it's just a thought. Could be something that coaches evaluate over the bye week. What say you all?

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Center is probably the hardest position to learn, but we

Nov 9, 2020, 9:52 AM

have a great one coming in next year in Linthicum. Wish he could get the playbook down quick for that UGA game in Charlotte!! Doubt that will happen though. Need the light to come on QUICK for some of our younger talents OL!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Center is probably the hardest position to learn, but we

Nov 9, 2020, 10:31 AM

they always look great against HS kids. Then it usually takes a year or two. Very rare when they don't and it usually is because none of your upper class guys are very good so you play the freshman.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I imagine they are not looking so good in practice***

Nov 9, 2020, 10:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: OL issues

Nov 9, 2020, 11:00 AM

It's probably due to a complicated reason such as they aren't ready and will get TL16 killed. Which, in spite of the group freakout, this OL has done a decent job preventing.... as our passing stats indicate.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 920
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic