Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ODDS to get in The Playoffs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

ODDS to get in The Playoffs

May 9, 2020, 9:13 PM

Clemson -200
Ohio State -150
Alabama -125
Oklahoma +125
Georgia +150
LSU +200
ND +275
Florida +350
Texas +400
Tex A&M +400
Auburn +500
Oregon +500
Penn State +600
Michigan +650
Washington +1000
Wisconsin +1000
Florida St +1400
Okla St +1400
UTenn +1400
Utah +1400
Miami +1600
Minnesota +1600
Iowa State +2000
Nebraska +2000

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't look like they weighed the Kirby factor for UGA***

May 9, 2020, 9:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They must keep hearing in their heads:"Even a blind squirrel***

May 10, 2020, 7:55 AM

Re: ODDS to get in The Playoffs

May 9, 2020, 10:00 PM

Were you bias against the SEC coots, I mean you listed most SEC teams, why not have the coots in your list also!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2020, 10:05 PM

The last corn dog.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2020, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: ODDS to get in The Playoffs ]

Were you bias against the SEC coots, I mean you listed most SEC teams, why not have the coots in your list also!!!

Not my bias, Odds Makers think 7 SEC teams might be strong enuf to get there, 6 of the top 11, while only 3 ACC teams have a pulse and 2 of those down the list.

SC is now overmatched, shoulda stayed in the ACC which is more their speed.

May 9, 2020, 10:21 PM

PsychoBJ has spoken!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2020, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: ODDS to get in The Playoffs ]

I sure love you persistent passive aggressive troll attempts. They sure get a rise out of us. In fact, it’s been so tough that we’ve had to ah shux kick the dirt after curb stomping your SEC daddy on the biggest stage your yesteryear team just got their first glimpse of. But go on, please school us on the baseless bias’s wee wee you pretend not to choke on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2020, 1:36 AM [ in reply to Re: ODDS to get in The Playoffs ]

Yeah since the coots have lost to the last 4 ACC teams they have played.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2020, 1:45 AM

Yet UGA couldn’t beat them. At home.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 10, 2020, 4:03 AM

I would have given UNC higher odds than FSU, But that is my own opinion.

May 10, 2020, 7:13 PM

^^This^^

May 10, 2020, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: ODDS to get in The Playoffs ]

psybj said:

Not my bias, Odds Makers think 7 SEC teams might be strong enuf to get there, 6 of the top 11, while only 3 ACC teams have a pulse and 2 of those down the list.

SC is now overmatched, shoulda stayed in the ACC which is more their speed.

Yep, they ranked in the ACC about the same place as they do in the SEC!!!

Should've stayed in the Southern, which is more their speed!***

May 10, 2020, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Re: ODDS to get in The Playoffs ]

Coots are at +2,000,000***

May 10, 2020, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: ODDS to get in The Playoffs ]

May 10, 2020, 5:43 AM

Does anyone have any faith in Newman ( Demon Deac transfer ) leading the Kirbies to the playoffs ?
I mean , they have road games at Sakerlina and Kentucky for goshness .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 10, 2020, 5:46 AM

LSU isn't going into any playoffs this year .
Yes , Orgeron got that thing put together last year with Burrough and that OC ( both gone ) and had a really good run on defense to end the season .
No way they repeat that . They'll likely win 10 games , but that's the ceiling for the Bayou Bangles in 2020 ( my opinion ) .
There is a fair to good chance there won't be team from the SEC make the championship game if Ohio State and Clemson avoid each other in the opening round .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Are the odds there's a playoff

May 10, 2020, 7:15 AM

Stronger than any of the teams on the list making said playoff?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It too some real detective work

May 10, 2020, 8:27 AM

But I was able to find the coots odds

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: It too some real detective work

May 10, 2020, 11:54 AM

What, somewhere around 1 in (a snowball’s chance in heII)?

Only thing I hate more than a list...

May 10, 2020, 8:40 AM

Is a partial list.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2020, 9:54 AM

Funny! The way I look at that is that LSwho beat Clemson (who Beat Ohio St), and all the other teams ranked ahead of them last year....but the odds are that all of those teams would beat LSwho this year, per these rankings! Absolutely no respect for last year's champ! And to think, we were told by someone that LSwho is already at the level of Ohio St and Clemson! Maybe the experts don't agree with that bonehead assessment?

And it also means that the other few teams in the SEC must be terrible teams...otherwise there would not be enough wins for those ranked here to have a chance to make the playoffs! In other words, the coots, Arky, Missy St, old missy, Kentucky, Vandy and Mizzy must be terrible to allow all the others to have enough wins to qualify for the playoffs. Must be nice to play in a conference with so many easy teams to beat. At least the ACC has enough parity that the worst team still will have a few wins in the conference!

Thank goodness those terrible SEC teams can schedule teams to guarantee wins like: San Jose St, Western Kentucky, Memphis, Kansas St, UNLV, Appalachian St, Wyoming...oh, wait, those were all losses!

May 10, 2020, 3:42 PM

Funny! The way I look at that is that LSwho beat Clemson (who Beat Ohio St), and all the other teams ranked ahead of them last year....but the odds are that all of those teams would beat LSwho this year, per these rankings! Absolutely no respect for last year's champ! And to think, we were told by someone that LSwho is already at the level of Ohio St and Clemson! Maybe the experts don't agree with that bonehead assessment?

And it also means that the other few teams in the SEC must be terrible teams...otherwise there would not be enough wins for those ranked here to have a chance to make the playoffs! In other words, the coots, Arky, Missy St, old missy, Kentucky, Vandy and Mizzy must be terrible to allow all the others to have enough wins to qualify for the playoffs. Must be nice to play in a conference with so many easy teams to beat. At least the ACC has enough parity that the worst team still will have a few wins in the conference!

Thank goodness those terrible SEC teams can schedule teams to guarantee wins like: San Jose St, Western Kentucky, Memphis, Kansas St, UNLV, Appalachian St, Wyoming...oh, wait, those were all losses!

Or maybe the experts understand the difference between playing ONE of the top 11 candidates vs playing FIVE and a likely 6th if they get to the SEC CG.

LSU can't be as good as last year, GOAT season, but LSU would be favored to get to The Playoffs if they had Clemson or tOSU schedule instead of brutal thru the season.

(but Clemson schedules powerhouses like The Citadel and Akron.)

May 10, 2020, 5:09 PM

UTSA and Rice will be absolute barn burners. You think they will both be ESPN game day’s?

I do.

Ole Miss and Nicholls St will Definitely be. Oh, and everyone is saying that Cola may make a bowl this year so that is gonna be a war of a game.

Thank god you guys get Cola before we do cuz they are really starting to threaten our 7 year win streak.

May 10, 2020, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: ODDS to get in The Playoffs ]

Better than UTSA, Rice, and Nicholls State. Though UGA did only beat Nicholls by 2 in Kirbys opener, so they may be a playoff dark horse, right?

Clemson

May 10, 2020, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: ODDS to get in The Playoffs ]

The last time you talked about playing Clemson's schedule, I pointed out the ten teams that have some of the best records over the last ten years; that Clemson had played eight of them and LSwho had only played five; and that Clemson's record against those top teams was 19-8 while LSwho's record was 7-13....ALL OF WHICH PROVES THAT YOU DON'T know what you are talking about!

And, the rankings are the chance to make the playoff...to make the playoff, you pretty much have to have only one, or no losses....since more SEC teams have a chance to only have one or fewer losses, then logic says that they play easier schedules to have that chance. Those six pushovers at the bottom of the league bring the total conference down so far that it means that each team can play those and have a guaranteed 6 wins each year.

And, over the last five years only, LSwho has a 9-1 record against these 10 teams: Northern Louisiana, Ga Southern, Rice, LA Tech, Southeast Louisiana, Troy (loss at home), Chattanooga, Southern Mississippi, Jacksonville State and Eastern Michigan. This is abysmal at best, and a crime to the rest of us! You can't say anything about Clemson's schedule... at least until you can win against the caliber of teams that Clemson plays!

By the way, the Citadel did beat the coots a couple of years ago, and scared the daylights out of Alabama (10-10 at half) in 2018, but we have not played them since 2013 (52-6). And this would be the first game with Akron. We usually p[lay one in-state team like Furman each year as an obligation, but the losers at your school schedule two! So, again, you don't have any idea what you are talking about!!!!

May 10, 2020, 9:32 PM

And, of course, LSwho has already played the Citadel and Akron!!!!!! But that is OK, keep trying....maybe one day you can compete with the big boys on a consistent basis!

This century, Clemson has only lost one game against a non-power five team, South Florida in a bowl game (26-31) in 2010. What is LSwho's losses against non-power five teams this century? Two, Troy and UAB!!!!

Message was edited by: JPRICH Top Paw®

May 11, 2020, 12:48 AM

No one questions how good Clemson is, one of the best, but note that in the first three rounds of the draft there were 40 players taken from the SEC and 8 from the ACC. The quality of opposition is quite different.

Clemson players line up against top talent, guys with a high level of talent and development, once this season before the Playoffs. LSU faces top talent 6 times to get there.

May 11, 2020, 9:19 AM

The quality of opposition TALENT is what you are talking about....if TALENT is all that matters, Alabama would be undefeated every year! But we have a 2-2 record against them in the last five years, while you are what, 1-8? And we defeated Saban by 28 points the last time we played them...so, obviously, TALENT is not all it is hyped up to be! Yes, your conference has many more players drafted....yet you don't show it in the games against Clemson! And the coots had more talent than UNC last year, how did that work out? And the dawgs had more talent than the coots, did that talent prevail? And your whole argument is that you are comparing LSwho with Clemson....and when that doesn't work, then you go to talent and conference...well that didn't work either! Face it...you really don't know what you are talking about.

don’t know what this means but for Clemson it’s 100%

May 10, 2020, 9:57 AM

HTH!

These odds CAN'T be right because............

May 10, 2020, 7:43 PM

I don't see the "Fighting Gamecocks" anywhere on the list! Aren't they supposed to be on the way up? At about this time every year they start talking like they're moving up!

But, then again, I'll be 65 in September. So I can remember their dreams of the big-time for 50+ years now.

May 11, 2020, 5:55 PM
giphy.gif(45.9 K)

PSYBJ - for you

Well ......Bye!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic