Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OC Tony E must not be all bad.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,347

OC Tony E must not be all bad.......

Jan 14, 2021, 3:04 PM

If Urban Meyer approached him about the Jags OC position.

What say you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OC Tony E must not be all bad.......

Jan 14, 2021, 3:09 PM

Not saying its wasn't the jags, but it was supposedly the Seahawks

Jan 14, 2021, 3:10 PM

I didn't read the article lol. My bad. I see that is says that now

Jan 14, 2021, 3:16 PM

I have been as frustrated as anyone with the offense and TE the last couple of years. However, I think the Sugar Bowl convinced me that maybe TE is much more valuable than I realized. Several NFL teams seem to think so. I coached with TE in 2006. Many don't remember but TE graduated with an engineering degree and was working for Michelin at the time. He signed on as an adjunct coach for one of our local high schools working with WR's. He would stay after practice working with kids on getting better. He was a real perfectionist. You could tell he would be a great coach someday. Then SC State called him and the rest is history as they say. If you have never heard his personal story, it is worth a listen.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2021, 3:29 PM

The only real flaws I've seen in Coach TE's work were the second half against LSPU and the last couple of minutes against the Irish in South Bend this past November. Other than that, he's done an awesome job.

Jan 14, 2021, 3:44 PM

Yes, his first game as OC he made Cole Stout look like Tom Brady when before under Chad Morris he looked like one of those Shamecock QB’s .. just pick one!

That was a bs move to help protect Ryan Day...

Jan 14, 2021, 3:58 PM

He knows Day would have been dead meat if Clemson wasn't down Tony Elliott and 4 of our best players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Elliot has no idea how to manage a game

Jan 14, 2021, 4:23 PM

Look at our CFP performance over the last 3 games.

We have abandoned the TE. We don’t use any WR over the middle. We suck at running the ball

This guy is in over his head. Letting Dabo call plays for you is the first warning sign.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Elliot has no idea how to manage a game

Jan 14, 2021, 5:37 PM

I'll give you a perspective from someone who played TE many years ago:

* When an offense has deep threat WRs who can take the top off of the D AND an OL that blocks well enough to make the front 7 worry about what's going on in the backfield - then - and only then can the TE run wild anywhere he wants - to the flat, down the seam or across the middle. When the front 7 is frozen or squatting and the DBs are watching the QB and the WRs, the TE gets a free pass and can rip a D apart in zone or man coverage.

We were without 2 very important parts of a TE offense this year - an overpowering OL and multiple WRs who were deep threats. That is a perfect formula for the middle space to be all clogged up for a TE and he can't find separation. You just have to have diversions (even if smokescreens) to make the D worry about everything except the TE, because a TE can't make something out of nothing.

Just my opinion from a bit of experience.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,347
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic