Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame tickets.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Notre Dame tickets.

Jan 19, 2020, 7:22 AM

Anybody know how Georgia fans were able to create such a huge section there? Seemed like they had about 1/3 of the stadium, and were all together. Seemed really strange.

Any idea what the allotment will look like for IPTAY members?

Looks like around $400-$500 now on secondary market. Not sure if that will be going up or down.

What y’all think?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame tickets.

Jan 19, 2020, 7:35 AM

A friend living in South Bend who asked me if I was going, told me ND allots 8,000 tickets to visitors.

I looked up the seating capacity and it is 77,622, so 8K for visitors sounds right.

Hoping for tix through IPTAY. Otherwise, $400+ each means I’m watching from home. Not to mention, I think it will be a hot ticket to get.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Thanks. 8,000 is more than I expected. Not too bad.***

Jan 19, 2020, 7:49 AM

Re: Thanks. 8,000 is more than I expected. Not too bad.***

Jan 19, 2020, 8:15 AM

In 1979, ND split the Clemson contingent into two separate groups. Little did they know that we just cheered back and forth to each other. We also stood most of the game. Near me, a ND woman asked if we could sit down. An old Upstater replied" I did not drive 18 hours to sit down, ma'am".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks. 8,000 is more than I expected. Not too bad.***

Jan 19, 2020, 9:32 AM

Had a similar experience.

Tigers fans were standing up. Notre Dame people sitting on their backsides complaining.

I told the man behind me "it is going to take you and the Indiana National Guard to make me sit down".

I was cheering for the Tigers. :)

I’m all in. Can’t wait for this game.

Jan 19, 2020, 8:29 AM

I suspect ticket cost will be on par for a CFB playoff game (on secondary market $400 to $500).

Two top 5 teams (hopefully), late season game - will be huge.

Hope to get tickets through IPTAY. I suppose one could join ND booster club and apply for tickets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Gah. More power to you guys. I don’t think I’ll ever

Jan 19, 2020, 8:36 AM

pay $4-500 for a regular season game. Especially when I have to pay for a flight and hotel.

null

Hoping to get 5 tickets through IPTAY. Anybody know

Jan 19, 2020, 8:42 AM

the chances of this, and about how many priority points may be required?

Re: Hoping to get 5 tickets through IPTAY. Anybody know

Jan 19, 2020, 9:50 AM

I wouldn’t count on it. I’m curious what others think is the best way. From IPTAY, you needed at least 200 priority points to get 2 tickets to Auburn 2016 and 400 points for 4. You needed 100 points for to get 2 tickets for Texas A&M 2018. For A&M, you needed 650 points to get more than 2

Re: Hoping to get 5 tickets through IPTAY. Anybody know

Jan 19, 2020, 10:07 AM

Thanks for this info--this is interesting.

My guess is demand will be lower than it was for Auburn, mostly because that is MUCH easier to get to and requires fewer hotel nights. Also, that 2016 year was seen by many of us as "THE year", given how things went down in Glendale, Deshaun's last year, hadn't won national title in 35 years, etc.

But demand will likely be higher than Texas A&M, because ND is a bucket list trip for many.

Yikes. That’s helpful info. Thank you***

Jan 19, 2020, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Hoping to get 5 tickets through IPTAY. Anybody know ]

Jan 19, 2020, 10:07 AM

My wife and I are going to the game with neighbors that are ND fans. We already have our house near South Bend reserved. Have been contributing to IPTAY for over 10 years and have been a season ticket holder since we last played ND at DV. However, I fear that I still will not have enough points to purchase a ticket through IPTAY. Secondary market will be brutal, but no choice, and I also am not sure when to pull the trigger.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2020, 10:12 AM

i agree with you,, ive been season ticket holder for about 7 years and been donating to iptay for around 10.. my priority points are still low, but thankfully i was able to get two to the national championship.. secondary market for this game is high and i have hotel reserved but not wanting to pay 4-500 for ticket when you have to take a flight to.. hoping i can sneak my two in,

Jan 19, 2020, 10:08 AM

Georgia fans just swamped the secondary market that year.

Jan 19, 2020, 11:19 AM

Pray ND starts slow. Unlikely.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic