Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame has serious problems ....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Notre Dame has serious problems ....

Dec 22, 2020, 3:33 PM

This was supposed to be their year. That team is loaded with talent and they have a ton of fourth and fifth year seniors. They really thought this was the year they were going to break through.

Naturally people are going to be screaming to fire Kelly, but that’s not the answer. I don’t like the guy because I think he’s arrogant and smug. But he has been the best coach they’ve had in a long time. But times have changed. Penn State, Michigan, Notre Dame, they’re not getting the talent they used to get. Nebraska. Tommy Fraser would never leave Florida and go to Nebraska today. The Internet and cable TV have dramatically changed the sport and kids no longer leave the south to go play in the Midwest.

D@mn I hate when I hit post on my phone by accident when I’m not finished. Sorry guys.

But yeah, this was supposed to be Notre Dame’s year. I saw an interview with some ex-Notre Dame players and they were saying something has to change. They said they think it’s definitely a culture problem, but none of them went so far as to call for Kelly to be fired. But how do you change the culture without changing the head coach?

You know NBC and other power brokers have to be concerned about this as well.

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It still can be their year. They are in the play-offs.***

Dec 22, 2020, 3:44 PM

Re: It still can be their year. They are in the play-offs.***

Dec 22, 2020, 3:49 PM

Did you watch the Clemson Notre Dame game? When it’s your year you don’t get beat like a red headed step child. Notre Dame is not in the playoffs because they are a great team. Notre Dame is in the playoffs because everybody else sucks.

Did I miss something?

Dec 22, 2020, 3:46 PM

Pretty sure they have an upcoming playoff game, with the chance at a national championship.

So, they aren't as good as Clemson. Just like every other team in CFB. Bama definitely the closest.

Re: Did I miss something?

Dec 22, 2020, 3:51 PM

How’s that saying go, so you’re saying there’s a chance? Oh no, the other saying, snowballs chance in hell! That’s the chance they have!

Re: Notre Dame has serious problems ....

Dec 22, 2020, 3:50 PM

I don’t consider a 10-1 season and making the CFP to be a failure though.

And NBC’s contract with them started in 1991 and ND last won a championship in 1998. So, they must be ok with it.

Dec 22, 2020, 3:57 PM

Last win was '88, not '98

Dec 22, 2020, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Notre Dame has serious problems .... ]

NBC has been showing all of Notre Dame‘s games on TV for decades.

Notre Dame‘s last national championship was 1988 with Lou Holtz.

When you have what a lot of people consider is the best team Notre Dame has ever had and when you have the best team you’ve had in decades and you get curb stomped your team has problems! And you can bet Notre Dame thinks they have problems. And I’m relaying comments made by X Notre Dame players and football experts. Because if your objective is to win national championships, which is the objective of Notre Dame, they’re not even close! They have serious problems and anyone that knows football understands that.

Dec 22, 2020, 5:14 PM

I don’t know any ND fans (including me) that think this team is great. Good yes Very good probably, that’s about it. ND hasn’t been getting the 5 star recruits like the top teams have. We have a few and haven’t been able to hold onto some. ND isn’t for everyone. I mean Book is a good QB beats most teams. But the talent level at the top is to much. When he is held int the pocket he can’t make the quick tight window passes that TL or a few of the other top guys can. ND is mostly 4 and 3* guys. I think the stars will have to align for them to have a chance with Bama.

ND is going to beat Bama, better defensively and better at

Dec 22, 2020, 5:33 PM

LOS. Williams is very good, he will have a big day against Bama's defense.

41 to 34 or thereabouts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Re: ND is going to beat Bama, better defensively and better at

Dec 22, 2020, 5:48 PM

Bwahhahahahaah

Dec 22, 2020, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Notre Dame has serious problems .... ]

Lowcountry , I think some of us may be getting a little bit spoiled on what is considered a good football season .

I just heard Dabo say how hard it is to win 9 or 10 games . It’s REALLY hard .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2020, 3:54 PM

I agree, Packer was saying yesterday that something like 17 of their starters are Seniors and will be gone next year. Yikes!!!!

Brian Kelly have done a good job getting them to where they are, it just takes such a long time and immense talent to get over the hump. Probably a few down years coming their way.

Dec 22, 2020, 4:09 PM

Can still be their year.

Against Alabama, Bama gets the ball and scores in two minutes. ND get the kickoff and has a 13 play twelve minute drive to score. Score after first quarter is 7-7. If ND can control the ball and the trenches with those senior linemen, they could win.

Then they are a COVID test away from winning it all

Dec 22, 2020, 4:14 PM

Can't those Seniors play another year because of Covid ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.... not sure I get this whole thread - ND has made the

Dec 22, 2020, 4:21 PM

playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years and made a NC 8 years ago. That puts them as a Top 5-6 or so program the last 8 years. Better than OU in my eyes.

Dec 22, 2020, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Notre Dame has serious problems .... ]

Yes.

We might have Skalski back next year.

Dec 22, 2020, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Notre Dame has serious problems .... ]

Lol oh boy it’s always interesting trying to debate with people that can’t see past the trees in front of them. That can’t see past the obvious.

Dec 22, 2020, 4:26 PM

Who are the top 6 programs in the country right now?

When they beat Alabama next week no one will be

Dec 22, 2020, 4:31 PM

Complaining or calling or coaches to be fired.

Don’t let the outstanding play of our defense be an indictment on the quality of their team.

They will beat Bama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Re: When the beat Alabama next week no one will be

Dec 22, 2020, 5:11 PM

If you think NC will beat Bama you are living in a dream world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama's defense is major liability. Florida was scoring at

Dec 22, 2020, 5:27 PM

will. ND will run the ball, dominate both lines of scrimmage, and find a way to win.

Let's circle back before kickoff of our game and see how our respective predictions hold up.

If I am wrong, I will own up to it.

Re: Alabama's defense is major liability. Florida was scoring at

Dec 22, 2020, 7:17 PM

If ND has the ball for 38 - 40 minutes they have a chance to beat Bama.

Re: Alabama's defense is major liability. Florida was scoring at

Dec 22, 2020, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Alabama's defense is major liability. Florida was scoring at ]

You know, this is one of the reasons Clemson is my number 2 team, that fans are awesome, I think ND and Clemson have way more in common than most people think. ND has a chance, all be it a small chance, I hope they can adjust on Offense )something that has been lacking) and take what works not try and force it on BAma.

I was wrong, I thought ND would beat Alabama.

Jan 1, 2021, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Alabama's defense is major liability. Florida was scoring at ]

GO TIGERS, Beat the Buckeyes!

We WILL beat Bama!

Dec 22, 2020, 7:15 PM

If your coach gets your team in the top 5 (even the top ten) and you even THINK about getting rid of him you are a FOOL.

Dec 22, 2020, 9:15 PM

ND is in the playoffs. Look at those teams and their coaches who are not. Where did the OP see former ND players were questioning the culture, leadership or whatever?

Jan 1, 2021, 7:21 PM

Yes Notre Dame has made it to the playoffs and like Oklahoma they have been destroyed every time. They have only won one game against a 10 team since Brian Kelly got there and that was when they beat Clemson this year without our best players on the field. Having a good record is meaningless if you are not winning games that matter. They are not only losing the games that matter, they are being obliterated!

I have seen numerous blogs and podcasts on YouTube with ex-Ohio State players including guys that played in the NFL talking about this being a cultural problem among other issues. No one has called for Brian Kelly to be fired, but people want the problem fixed!

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic