Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nothing changes, brownell is still a lame duck
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Nothing changes, brownell is still a lame duck

Feb 15, 2020, 9:34 PM

There’s nothing he can do to change my mind. I know that he’ll follow this up with losses to BC and Georgia tech.

Why?

It’s what he does....

Wins like this further extend this 10 year mediocre nightmare.

Flame away... but you know he’s a lame duck.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nothing changes, brownell is still a lame duck

Feb 15, 2020, 9:38 PM

Actually means nothing of the sort. Brownell gets more from less than anyone in the conference. You don’t know what you are watching or what you are looking at. Couldn’t be more obvious. Brownell is beating McDonald’s all Americans and nba players with 2.5 star talent. You whiners have no knowledge of sports or basketball at all. Embarassing. Go follow another program. Zero knowledge or athletic talent. Just a sense of entitlement. Move on. No real fans want people like you here. No idea what you’re talking about.

Feb 16, 2020, 8:55 AM

Who is less than a 3 star on our team that gas meaningful minutes??

Feb 15, 2020, 9:38 PM

He will be back next year. We should be improved over the next 2 years. He isnt going anywhere for a bit.

Feb 15, 2020, 9:40 PM

I hope your second sentence is correct.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Feb 15, 2020, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing changes, brownell is still a lame duck ]

You know just like I do next year will be much of the same....

Excuse and more excuses to why we won’t make the tournament

Feb 15, 2020, 9:43 PM

I think next year will be much improved actually. The following year will be even better. I like the pieces coming into place.

It will be improved, if we have 2-3 actual

Feb 15, 2020, 9:54 PM

consistent scorers emerge. We haven't had that this year, Simms being the closest one. Several guys could do it, but it actually has to happen.

Consistent scorers are how the pattern of scoring droughts which lead to losses are decreased. If those scorers who can be counted upon do emerge, we will be improved. If not, I doubt the league is as down next year as this year. Without those consistent threats, that leads to more of the same.

Next year I do believe is the do or die year for Brad and company. And nothing less than a tourney bid should be the expectation. Anything less, should finally be the trigger for moving on. Make the tourney, with a young core, and we may indeed have reached the point where we have turned a corner

Feb 15, 2020, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing changes, brownell is still a lame duck ]

You have no idea what you’re talking about. We will have deepest most talented team of Brownell’s era. Guaranteed tourney team. Likely top 20-25, sweet 16 type team. Whiny babies like you will still complain because you don’t understand sports all all. What Brownell is accomplishing is above the historical norm for Clemson basketball. Your expectations and knowledge are out of whack. Not the team or coaching.

We will be in no ones preseason top 25

Feb 16, 2020, 7:46 AM

next year, and picked in the bottom 3rd of the league. Not as of this point anyway. If we somehow close with an unlikely, historic run, then maybe. But right now we're a .500 team with no go to scorer(s)

Feb 16, 2020, 8:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Nothing changes, brownell is still a lame duck ]

You counting chickens ? How many will transfer before next year ??

Y’all sound like a bunch of coots !! Wait til next year

Did you forget...

Feb 16, 2020, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Nothing changes, brownell is still a lame duck ]

https://twitter.com/accnetwork/status/1228821814857682944

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 15, 2020, 9:53 PM

Nope. Baring a implosion next season, expect him for another 2-3... but I think patience is about to pay off for 5+ here.

Last year a bunch of folks were complaining that he lacks "excitement" and things were better when weren't very good but at least upsetting somebody. Seems BB was listening to those posters last year.

However, most folks following basketball knew this season was going to be like this. A younger, very dangerous and inconsistent team. Capable for a very low and high ceiling... but this ceiling is a lot higher than thought I am seeing a lot of positives from this gritty scrappy collection, especially from the younger members. This team should have quite months ago and kept clawing away. Sure, it isn't a great season but we have some young fighters that look like they are going to grow.

Feb 15, 2020, 10:59 PM

you're not needed we'll be fine. bye

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You misspelled “Congratulations to our team on a great win!”***

Feb 15, 2020, 11:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: You misspelled “Congratulations to our team on a great win!”***

Feb 15, 2020, 11:41 PM

Dong lovers gonna love dong..........

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if You won the lottery

Feb 16, 2020, 8:11 AM

You’d cry you had to pay taxes

Cheer up Chuck. Life isn’t as sad as you want it to be

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2020, 9:27 AM

User Logo
Membersonly
CU Guru [1544]
TigerPulse: 81%
Nothi­ng changes, brownell is still a lame duck [1]
Posted: Feb 15, 2020 9:34 PM

There’s nothing he can do to change my mind. I know that he’ll follow this up with losses to BC and Georgia tech.

Why?

It’s what he does....

Wins like this further extend this 10 year mediocre nightmare.

Flame away... but you know he’s a lame duck.

well i sure know lame when i see it for sure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic