Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not trying to bash Mike Reed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Not trying to bash Mike Reed

Dec 3, 2020, 10:06 AM

Secondary has been very good this year.

Replacing these guys, however, doesn't look so good.

2021 Safety/Cornerback prospects offered: 17

1 commit, 1 decommit, 1 undecided.

EEK

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not trying to bash Mike Reed

Dec 3, 2020, 10:12 AM

I think that we are being cautious on numbers and commitments as any of the players we currently have can come back next year since this is a free year of eligibility. We are sitting at max numbers in the secondary right now and the consensus I have heard and seen is that we would only take 2 this class. So it might have been a case of the first ones to commit get the carrot.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not trying to bash Mike Reed-yeah that is what I think

Dec 3, 2020, 11:10 AM

I want to see us get a corner or two but I think the numbers are a concern. I base this on the statements from before and that a few years ago db guys left unexpectedly and we got Turner and 3 others late within a few weeks. So I think we could pull in a couple if and when we see where we are on numbers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2020, 10:12 AM

Then don't. There is plenty of time until signing day, and I expect a lot of schools are facing similar situations.

Dec 3, 2020, 10:14 AM

It's called roster management...do you realize how young we are in the secondary?

You don't throw out a lot of offers at positions where you are young and talented.

That said, while our young CBs are impressive I do think we could upgrade talent at safety.

Mike Reed isn't the only coach who recruits secondary

Dec 3, 2020, 10:15 AM

positions

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Link ?***

Dec 3, 2020, 10:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

lol

Dec 3, 2020, 11:13 AM

crickets

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Not surprising . . . . freaking troll.***

Dec 3, 2020, 1:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Dec 3, 2020, 10:24 AM

1. Safety and CB can be very different approaches. Mike Reed has CB room and Cone has Safeties, however recruiting is often divided by territories or States so coaches have various accountabilities.

2. What is the hit rate of schools like Bama, LSU, UGA, OSU? We overall offer about 60-70% fewer kids than these schools.

3. Are you saying Dabo needs to be bashed for poor recruiting? He decides who gets offers, and is mostly the guy who closes the deal. Get real dude!

4. SMH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2020, 10:28 AM

If everybody currently committed for the '21 class signs and we aren't able to add anyone else to that class, we will still have OVER 50 players on next season's roster with freshmen eligibility.

We will have 1st year, 2nd year, and 3rd year freshmen on the team.

At some point the coaches have to get out in front of managing the roster moving forward.

Choosing to only take the best of the best remaining players is what I believe is their starting point for that roster management.

I'm sure there are tons of kids who would be willing to commit or sign up to play for Clemson right now, but our coaches are having to figure out how to solve this 4 year roster problem that has been created by the NCAA eligibility ruling.

Dec 3, 2020, 10:37 AM

It's clear that these failures are a product of poor management at the very top. Dabo's lost it. Time for a change. Fire him now and refresh the entire assistant coach roster.

BuhbuhbuhBuhbuhbuhBuhbuhbuhBuhbuhbuhBuhbuhbuhBuhbuhbuhBuhbuhbuhBuhbuhbuh

With only 1 upperclassman safety and ZERO senior corners

Dec 3, 2020, 10:49 AM

we are young at those positions and the needs are not that great.

The scholarship breakdown on the front page is a very useful feature.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how many are RS that haven't played yet?***

Dec 3, 2020, 10:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a little bit random of a criticism...

Dec 3, 2020, 11:24 AM

besides, of the 12 players listed as a DB on this weeks depth chart, only one is a senior (Turner). Not a whole lot of room here for a bunch of guys. I'd say we will sign at least 1-2 more.

Recruiting success or failure ultimately falls on the

Dec 3, 2020, 11:26 AM

recruiting coordinator and head coach.

Blaming Reed for this seems silly to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Ok, you can only have so many players on scholrship

Dec 3, 2020, 11:28 AM

at a given time. There is a max for the team, and the coaches have totals by position.

So, looking at the DB's, Clemson currently has 4 Freshman, 5 sophomores, 2 Juniors, and 1 Senior.

That explains why we are low on commits. We can't have 16-17 DB's on scholarship without hurting other positions.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2020, 12:30 PM

I learned a while back to trust the coaches. It always seemed that they were one year behind with each position group. I quickly saw the results on the field and quit concerning myself with it. The way I recruited on NCAA 2014, never matched up with the way Dabo does it. :) I would have my next 5* QB or RB redshirted and at least one year doing some mop-up duty before my Senior was about to graduate. Real life is different and they get paid a lot more than I do for those decisions.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic