Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not trolling, just a concerned and hurting tiger fan...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Not trolling, just a concerned and hurting tiger fan...

Oct 6, 2020, 10:38 AM

Tigernet has become vicious and mean!! I don't get it. I'm sure someone will come back with something sarcastic and biting... Why can't you ask a question or make a point- not political, just about football and people go off on you? Why do we eat our own? Very discouraging for an alumn, tiger fan and former tigerband member. Lately this board has become toxic (not politics postings- so don't go there!!)- just football posts. See my dropoff at RB post below. What happened to us? I'm hurting a bit. I come here for comradrie and a safe place to discuss our misgivings and concerns about football (I know I have some social justice and political thoughts that differ from many -this is America!!) But is that why people(my fellow tiger fans) go after me and others with such teasing and harsh correction?

So, now that I put it out there- I know I will get flamed-"sarcasticized" and teased.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not trolling, just a concerned and hurting tiger fan...

Oct 6, 2020, 10:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huh?

Oct 6, 2020, 11:01 AM

No way I was talking about everyone. You know this!! Why would you post with such anecdotal sarcasm? You are not truly dealing with the comment, just once again being another tigernetter who is being "hard."

Re: Huh?

Oct 6, 2020, 11:09 AM

As I mentioned in my comment below, posting that you expect a sarcastic response and then playing the victim when your first response is sarcastic doesn't make any sense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2020, 11:00 AM

I agree with you, not politically, we’re probably on opposite sides of the political spectrum, but I don’t think people should forget that even if we don’t believe the same things, we’re all on this site for Clemson.

That is why it’s so annoying when GWPTiger claims that if you don’t have the same political beliefs as her, then you’re not a Clemson fan.

TU

Oct 6, 2020, 11:04 AM

I'll try to post a little more. That usually rallies you guys to a common cause. I just want to do my part.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aw, go try to pee on Bevo's leg again and see what that gets

Oct 6, 2020, 11:24 AM

you'se. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Concentrate on beating the capons this year.

Oct 6, 2020, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Not trolling, just a concerned and hurting tiger fan... ]

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good one. +1***

Oct 6, 2020, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Not trolling, just a concerned and hurting tiger fan... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2020, 11:07 AM

In an honest attempt to reply to your questions: The fact that you agree with others on what team to pull for does not mean they will agree with your opinions on that team.

If you come here for discussions then you have to be ok with people choosing to disagree and discuss their opposing opinions.

Also, if it seems people come after you at almost 1,200 posts into Tigernet then you may want to look at your personality as a poster. It's pretty clear what type of approach or personality each veteran user/poster has on Tigernet. You have apparently made a point to ruffle some feathers in the past if people are extremely harsh toward you about a football opinion. You may benefit from a change of tone or topic (any not related to Clemson football). If you don't want to change tone or topic, then you may want to prepare for people to be toxic/harsh toward you.

A last piece of advice, people rarely respond well to someone playing the victim card on Tigernet as you have in this post. "Poor me, you're so mean and I'm so innocent" does not sway people in your direction.

There's a difference in disagreeing . .

Oct 6, 2020, 11:23 AM

and being a total jerk, make fun, act immature etc. That is a lot of what has happened here, but immature responses meant to be mean. The entire discussion and why and such . .barely happens.

Re: There's a difference in disagreeing . .

Oct 6, 2020, 11:27 AM

There is a distinct difference. You are correct!

That's why I wrote the part about him being 1200 posts in and everybody knows what to expect from him.

Once you build a brand, even if you post something innocent, people are going to come for you because of their expectations.

You make some pretty dumb ace posts brown

Oct 6, 2020, 11:09 AM

Maybe you should not post them on the internet and bounce your ideas off your friends first.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HBROWN..

Oct 6, 2020, 11:35 AM

Good morning Sir..I fully understand what you’re saying and it’s apparent that every poster here has an unique online personality that amazingly comes more clear over time in his/her posts.

People know me well, too well actually from my many posts on this football site, and sadly even more so from my political posts.

With that said, It might be your political and/or racial stances on our political & religious forums that have followed you over to the sports forum..

since I have noticed my posts on football have been zeroed much more after I got political.

Saying..

PS: Know I appreciate & care for you very much as does virtually all of TigerNetters..and glad you are a member, a Clemson grad & a Minister.

Keep the Faith & Go ALL Tigers!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Folks hold grudges in spite of forgiveness being a virtue

Oct 6, 2020, 11:22 AM

Not to mention, forgiveness also has some rather significant religious implications. Some of your posts POed folks _ right or wrong, intentionally or unintentionally. Time may mellow things out.

Continue to post supportive things about Clemson and practice tolerance to those that aren’t aligned with your views. Message Boards are often divisive and angry places that seldom influence the views of others. It’s Ok to pass on commentary to many posts.

Good luck if you were looking for constructive feedback.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate you feel that way...

Oct 6, 2020, 11:30 AM

I don't really know all the "vicious and Mean" attacks you are suffering. I'm not paying that much attention.

Something tells me you aren't this fragile, but if we are actually being honest and vulnerable, the way you presented your "political" opinions was done in a way that has brought that kind of response. I have said it numerous times. I'm not excusing the response or condoning it, but you have approached the topic in a way that just stirs the hornet's nest.

As a fellow minister who has empathy for your cause, I feel somewhat alienated from your personal fight because you have presented it in such a way. That truly makes me sad.

Hopefully we all can heal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate you feel that way...

Oct 6, 2020, 12:06 PM

He does stir the hornet's nest then says he is a victim. Its sounds like the typical play book.

honestly, though...

Oct 6, 2020, 12:11 PM

I still have compassion for people who bring it on themselves to an extent.

My trouble is, I have read many of HBROWN's posts and watched some of his sermons. My opinion is he is a very intelligent guy.

I have a hard time believing that he does not know what he is doing or that his feelings are actually hurt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2020, 12:02 PM

You know how I feel about what you are describing. I’m intolerant.

Some years ago...

Oct 6, 2020, 12:21 PM

I innocently posted on here, trying to buy tickets for my family to go to a game. We don't have lots of money and this was a big deal for us. We can only make it to games every few years.

I came here as an alum, believing in Clemson Nation (I still do, by the way).

I was horrified by the vitriol, sarcasm, and downright hurtful things said to me. You would've thought I was a Gamecock running my mouth. I couldn't believe it, honestly.

I learned then and there that while Clemson Nation is the best in the world, these forums are full of toxicity.

OF COURSE NOT EVERYONE, but it doesn't take much. There are more positive places to discuss what we all share in common: Clemson. I'm afraid that these forums can be a poor reflection on our fan base.

Tell em COOT!

Oct 6, 2020, 12:27 PM

j/k LOL!!!

There's as much playfulness as there is real meanness, but the meanness does seem a lot more frequent... maybe because its an election year.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some years ago...

Oct 6, 2020, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Some years ago... ]

People can hide in anonymity on a message board and in some cases social media.

This gives them the ability to say and do things that otherwise they wouldn't mano y mano.

I have been on this board for a long time and the quality of people and posters overtime don't really

get any better except for a few. If I need a good laugh then I will occasionally get on this board but

the better content and professionalism is on TI.com. Any time you have free and non-vetted message

boards then unfortunately you get the unfiltered trash that comes along with it.

Go Tigers - C/O 1994.

Re: Some years ago...

Oct 6, 2020, 4:55 PM

I went to TI.com and it was all about calculators. Bum steer. ;)

Class of '87

Tigernet hates itself, wants to destroy itself...

Oct 6, 2020, 12:54 PM

But it can't.

Oct 6, 2020, 1:34 PM

I'd say to mix up the amount of posts you make on Clemson sports topics and non-sports related topics. Both sides of the political topics get heated, insult each other, and downvote posts. When a large section of the posters are only used to seeing you posts in topics that end up getting heated like that it can easily follow you.

I wouldn't say that it's only due to the side of those topics that you're on either, as I've noticed at least a few posters who are on the other side of the fence who have very low pulse ratings as well because it seems that 99% of their posts are only political in nature. It can become easy for other posters to see you and those other posters I just mentioned as only coming here to stir up drama. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but it can be easy for others to see it that way.

Oct 6, 2020, 1:40 PM

To add to my post, I think people can get over disagreeing with someone on political posts if they see that poster commonly showing their support for Clemson by taking part in Clemson discussions while being respectful of other posters.

If another poster makes a post on a political topic that I completely disagree with then I can still respect their opinion on Clemson when I see them adding insight on Clemson sports topics on a regular basis. I can do that even if they get a little insulting in some of their political posts.

It's the posters who seem to show up to post in nearly every topic about race and other politics, but never seem to post anything when it comes to sports that I write off as trolls.

i was perfectly happy talking just about football until

Oct 6, 2020, 1:42 PM

the players and msm decided to insert politics and race.

now i have to isert politics in to the football to voice my concern for america

along with tiger football.

go tigers!

.....uhh

Oct 6, 2020, 1:44 PM

rong bored moran.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2020, 2:22 PM

I agree that tnet is a frequently snarky place to hang out, but... Why are all of your posts so negative? Why do you always bring up a problem? Is the glass always half empty in your life?

Oct 6, 2020, 2:30 PM

Oh dear, and now I'm feeling guilty for sounding snarky. ?? My memory is so bad for who says what but you have stuck in my mind as being a tad negative. Sorry.

Oct 6, 2020, 4:49 PM

In all seriousness white people are sick of your racist posts then you claim to be a man of God. If you think white people are going to sit back and take it you are dead wrong. I have friends of all races and we have discussed this issue dividing our country many times and it seems it all comes down to personal responsibility and decision making. Make good decisions and own when you are wrong will get you a long way in life. Yeah I have insulted you in the past but only after you have made one of your racist posts. I don't dislike you at all I just disagree with your racist posts.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2020, 6:17 PM

TNet has been a cesspool for years. Sometimes it’s an entertaining cesspool, but cesspools still stink most of the time. It doesn’t matter what you post anymore, you will be targeted/trolled by the same posters every time. They think it’s good sport. Seems you would have figured that out by now.

The mods let it get out of hand and I don’t think it will ever go back to the way it was. There’s about 20 or so posters that really need to log out once in a while...they treat TNet as their own troll playground and stink the place up.

I still come around for the sports but try to ignore the rest...I recommend the same to you. Peace.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic