Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m pulling for Ocryo to win it all
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I’m pulling for Ocryo to win it all

Jan 3, 2021, 9:39 PM

I really dislike most everyone I’ve met that was from north of Virginia and west of Texas so I’m assuming if I draw a squiggly line I can include them.

First of all they beat us, so it’s just easier to accept the loss if they go in and smash Bama too...(I know it’s a stretch)

Secondly, I just don’t want to hear SEC chants and some undeserved smugness coming from the coot fanbase that lives vicariously through their unofficial big brother.

Thirdly, Fields is stronger than zoo dirt for sticking it out after that hit he took and that kind of effort is deserving of a trophy

Message was edited by: InletTiger15®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good logic

Jan 3, 2021, 9:44 PM

But I predict that Fields will still be hurting from "the hit", and he will have a subpar game - for that reason and other reasons. And OSU O/L will not be allowed to hold the Bama D/L.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a tough one to call for me

Jan 3, 2021, 9:48 PM

all of what you said is true. However, Alabama has almost become their own thing outside of the SEC. Them winning yet another doesn't really add much value to the SEC as a whole and them adding more to the trophy case doesn't change the landscape of the nation much.

Also a Bama win keeps Ohio State pining for a title and denies their arrogant and whiny fanbase of something that they think they deserve.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's a tough one to call for me

Jan 4, 2021, 12:57 AM

Also, OSU competes for the same players that we recruit. Who wants them to get an edge?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Not me. I have never liked Ohio State. I'd rather Bama win

Jan 3, 2021, 9:50 PM

on 1/11/21.

I'd rather keep the two best teams in college football be Bama and Clemson. We both have a lot of respect for each other. Not so much from OSU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m pulling for Ocryo to win it all

Jan 3, 2021, 9:52 PM

If, and I do mean if. If 1-4 St goes down to Miami and beats Bama like they stole something, then nobody will be able to convince me that that 6 game schedule didn't help give them an edge. No way, no how.

Jan 3, 2021, 9:53 PM

That’s reason number 4, thank you

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 12:59 AM [ in reply to Re: I’m pulling for Ocryo to win it all ]

If they do, that win darn well better have a huge asterisk beside it.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 4, 2021, 2:12 AM [ in reply to Re: I’m pulling for Ocryo to win it all ]

And if OSU beats Bama, the hollering will begin about them only playing 6 games, etc. Fine sum will strike out and all the other SEC homers! Just get me some popcorn!

Jan 4, 2021, 2:13 AM

Finebaum

Not me - I'm pulling for Bama to take Ohio State to the

Nov 12, 2021, 5:02 PM

woodshed. I at least respect Nick Saban - can't say the same about Ryan Day. Saban took over a bad Bama program from Shula and built it into the Dynasty they have become. Ryan Day is a pale faced whiny doooosh who inherited a top tier program from Urban Meyer. Day hasn't built anything but has instead just kept a fine tuned engine running.

Secondly, I don't want to see any team be crowned National Champion by winning an 8th game when competing against a team playing it's 13th game.

Finally - I would rather Saban go ahead and break Bryant's Natty Champ record in a year we are not in it. May remove a tiny ounce of Bama's motivation in future match ups...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not me - I'm pulling for Bama to take Ohio State to the

Jan 3, 2021, 11:32 PM

Me too. All respect to OSU for the win...but it’s RTR for me here. OSU and Uga have the most arrogant fan bases....Will never pull for them unless it helps us

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not me - I'm pulling for Bama to take Ohio State to the

Jan 4, 2021, 12:27 AM

My across the street neighbor's Ohio State flag is still flying from the front of his house, and my Tiger Paw light is still burning in my upstairs window. I do know this. My light will still be burning long after his wife makes him take down his flag.

Hope Bama wins

Jan 4, 2021, 12:50 AM

They are not quite as insufferable as Ohio State fans. But, I don't really care and won't be watching.

--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 4, 2021, 2:59 AM

I'm not. I hope Bama blows them out of the stadium. But hey I'm not watching it ,nor do I have any say so in the outcome.
I do accept the fact that they beat us but I can't accept the fact that their conference basically pandered to them so they are in this position. At least Bama played somebody in the regular season.
And if I hear SEC SEC SEC on the radio ,or television, I have the luxury of changing channels, or turning down the volume.
And do what if Field is stronger than zoo dirt .So is our Quarterback who deserved to go out in a lot better fashion than he did.
But that's for another discussion.
So no way ,no how do I pull for that team north of Virginia or west of Texas.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic