Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not impressed at all with Florida
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,226

Not impressed at all with Florida

Dec 30, 2019, 10:47 PM

Haven’t been all year. Struggling with a walking wounded UVA squad is just further proof.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not impressed at all with Florida

Dec 30, 2019, 10:49 PM

Definitely not a top ten team... neither is penile state.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 10:54 PM

I would say they are this years poster child for overrated $EC squad but there were several this year

Dec 30, 2019, 11:02 PM

I watch a lot of UF football since my daughter goes there. They played LSU tough. It was a game til the end. This game shows me that we have a good chance with LSU.

Dec 30, 2019, 11:04 PM

Even with my doubts about FL I figured they’d destroy UVA.

dame florida has superior

Dec 30, 2019, 11:16 PM

talent on the field and cant pull away..looks like the acc is better than many gave credit for.

we played our A game Vs UVA. We didn’t play our A game

Dec 31, 2019, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Not impressed at all with Florida ]

Agaisnt OSU. If we play really well against LSU we will win

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 11:07 PM

Not impressed?? This is the team that CURB STOMPED (4 pts is a curb stomp, right?) a Miami team that went 6-7 and lost to LA Tech in a no-count bowl game!

OK, let's try this one more time. I swear I can do this with a straight face.

Dec 30, 2019, 11:14 PM

You can’t compare the first game of the season. UF is much better without Filipe Franks. However, they were back-and-forth with a chance to tie LSU late in the 4th. UF is better than UVA but UVA isn’t in the same ballpark as us.

Me Either! And UF was tied with LSU in the 4th qtr.

Dec 31, 2019, 12:47 PM

https://www.dailyprogress.com/cavalierinsider/orange-bowl-notebook-cavaliers-hold-their-own-on-big-stage/article_f0807cfb-0ffb-5e54-8222-5f95da2824d6.html

This was the UF team that was tied with LSU going into the 4th qtr? Several Virginia starters were out because of injuries and "this is all you could come up with"? All UF had out was CJ Henderson. Virginia had 7 would be starters not on the field and was extremely short handed. They had a real chance in this game though!

Makes me wonder about some things man.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 1:01 PM

So people on here talked all season long how ACC teams like Virginia were underrated, then Florida out gains them by nearly 200 yards, leads by double digits for most of the game, leads by 15 until under a minute left, and wins by 8 and suddenly doing that to an “underrated” Virginia team means that Florida is vastly overrated...makes sense.

Dec 31, 2019, 1:06 PM

No.
UF won by 8 to a team that was extremely short-handed. By 7 would be starters.

Florida probably have 3rd string guys who would start immediately at UVA to express how they don't have depth. Yet, the team with no depth. From a so called bad conference. Down 7 would be starters hung with the so called #9 team in the country. Makes sense!

Not at all.

UVA lost to Lowly ACC schools worse than 8 points

Dec 31, 2019, 1:09 PM

....to further expand on what you are missing. It's not that they won. They should have boat raced UVA with all the players they out for this game. ACC opponents beat them by about the same margins when they had more of these players they were missing.

Dec 31, 2019, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Not impressed at all with Florida ]

Who are the 7 starters? At what point in the season did these guys go down? Was Florida playing with all 22 starters? Vegas had it as a 15 point spread which was nearly covered.

Dec 31, 2019, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Not impressed at all with Florida ]

UVA lost five games this year. Four of those games were to ACC opponents. They lost one game to an SEC opponent, FL. The ACC losses were by 46, 15, 8,& 7. The loss to FL was by 8 despite missing 7 out of their starting 22 players. FL was the 9th ranked team in the nation going into the Orange Bowl. UVA was ranked 24th. Is the 9th ranked team overrated, is the 24th ranked team underrated, or do you feel those rankings are about right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 2:10 PM

One Virginia loss was against ND actually.

Dec 31, 2019, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Not impressed at all with Florida ]

I feel like they are about right. Game went accordingly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Not impressed at all with Florida ]

I’m not saying Florida is flawless, and they’re certainly not on the level of Clemson. I’m only saying that I don’t think they’re overrated at #9. You’re assuming that a team ranked at #9 should be without flaws and dominate week after week. I’d challenge anyone saying they’re overrated at #9 to show me which teams ranked below them that have looked dominant without close games or losses to teams ranked below them.

Dec 31, 2019, 5:03 PM

Again, you bring up irrelevant questions. The reason for not being impressed is not because they are nine. Or UVA 24. Or because of what the spread was.
But, because they playing "in Florida". "With a very very banged up ACC squad"! Which many of you ACC haters called weak all year! And - only won by 8!

Not impressive when Florida was only missing Henderson!

And ESPN's win prediction went up slightly after the game

Dec 31, 2019, 5:40 PM

for us.

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,226
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic