Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
North Carolina Can Beat ND!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

North Carolina Can Beat ND!

Nov 24, 2020, 7:45 PM

If Sam Howell is healthy and if he plays well they can absolutely beat ND! Notre Dame played above their ability level because of the way Clemson had handled them the last two meetings! And, the Tigers #1 rank just amplified their focus. Will they have that same intensity for North Carolina? We will see - but, as much as I can't stand the U of Non-Compliance ( academics ) I think they have a shot of beating the Leprechauns!

North Carolina defense had been bad; but they seem to be playing a bit better! Book will have that off game or two. If he does and North Carolina is able to move the ball - it would not shock me to see a Tar-Hole win!

Agree? Disagree? Meh?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: North Carolina Can Beat ND!

Nov 24, 2020, 7:47 PM

Or get blown out. Thy are most wildly inconsistent tam I've ever seen

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 7:47 PM

Vegas agrees with you.

ND only a 5.5 game favorite.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 9:54 PM

That dropped to 4 after we lost Patterson and Kraemer from the OL. I still like our chances, though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 7:48 PM

Even with a loss to UNC we see ND in the ACC championship game....

But yes UNC could absolutely beat ND...

I hope ND wins though - I’d like to see them undefeated when we play them ...

Nov 24, 2020, 7:53 PM

CU51996 said:

Even with a loss to UNC we see ND in the ACC championship game....

But yes UNC could absolutely beat ND...

I hope ND wins though - I’d like to see them undefeated when we play them ...

You know! I like the sound of that too! An undefeated Notre Dame coming to win a conference championship! And not just try and win it but do it by beating the big bad wolf! Except in this story "reality bites"! The Big Bad Wolf is healthy and has a long behind memory and is as focused on beating that ND butt as it has been focused on anything up to that point.
Won't be the fairy tale ending they want!

Nov 24, 2020, 9:57 PM

It would be interesting if we both win out and then go to OT and you win this time. I'm not rooting for that to happen, of course, but that might put both of us in the playoffs.

Nov 25, 2020, 10:23 PM

Agreed - a close loss to the Tigers in the ACC CG would likely create a situation where both could advance. Depends on ... well everything else in the world. But the likely candidates for the final 4 aren't that many.

Could happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Nov 24, 2020, 7:49 PM

Also, N.D. has lost 2 offensive linemen recently.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 9:49 PM

This is true, but they have significant depth on the line. Josh Lugg has quite a few starts, and has played very well when called on. He'll be at RG. Zeke Correll doesn't have any starts, but he's a RS sophomore, so he has a couple of years of practice. They had other options with more experience (including Lugg, who has played center) and they put Correll in, so he should be pretty good. We'll see, of course, but there might not be much of a dropoff.

Nov 24, 2020, 8:05 PM

If UNC plays its best game and ND has an off day, then UNC could win. I'm not a better, but if money were on the line, I would pick ND because they have the better defense.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Nov 24, 2020, 8:08 PM

I agree. From what I’ve seen this year our D will not stop them but their D will find enough stops.

Nov 25, 2020, 6:52 PM

Tardog, I posted after Tiger loss to ND that Heels would take out ND and you strongly disagreed. What has changed for you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: North Carolina Can Beat ND! ]

Oh trust me. I would never put money on it. My commentary was just about them being capable of beating ND. No doubt ND has the better defense out of the two.
ND is 18 - 1 all time versus North Carolina. North Carolina is at home - maybe that makes a difference.

If Howell and that offense is on; ND would have to score "every time" and they are just not that team. They looked good at home against the Tigers; but we had what amounted to 6 starters out! I mean, who does that and still has an opportunity to win in a top 4 opponents home stadium "besides the mighty Clemson Tigers"?

ND offense can get pedestrian is all I am saying and they won't have that hyper-focus they had when we came to town! It would take a bunch of things going right for them no doubt; but North Carolina recruits pretty well too! They have play makers and ND is the big bad wolf. Sometimes teams have to have their backs up against the wall to bring out that killer instinct.

But, as said above, "now I kind of like the idea of them being undefeated heading into Charlotte"! If we handle business - we will see the Irish again!

Nov 24, 2020, 10:02 PM

Not used to people referring to ND as "the big bad wolf." :)

Nov 24, 2020, 9:44 PM

Everybody has a shot, so sure, NC has a shot at beating us. A better shot than Pitt did, too.

However. When we played you, I liked our chances, but I liked yours better than ours. (If we both make the ACC championship, I'll feel the same way.) This Friday is different. I like NC's chances, but I like ours better than theirs.

Aren’t you guys down two o-lineman ?
I think your o-line is the clear strength of your team...

Any concerns there? How’s your OL depth?

As I stated - I want Clemson to have a chance to play an undefeated ND ...

Nov 25, 2020, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: North Carolina Can Beat ND! ]

So question for a notre dame fan. Do you and other not enjoy being in the mix for playoffs and a conference championship? It just seems like the narrative around notre dame has really changed this year with you being in the ACC. I hope it works out that you guys stay.

Nov 25, 2020, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: North Carolina Can Beat ND! ]

The rematch with Notre Dame will be over well into the 3rd quarter. That game is when Dabo shows his dominance.

AGREE

Nov 25, 2020, 6:48 AM

Where is the game? If at UNC I agree, but no way do the Holes win in South Bend.

Nov 25, 2020, 7:32 AM

Game is in Chapel Hill. We have a chance. Very slim chance but still a chance.

Nov 25, 2020, 9:24 AM

Book has played outstanding for ND -- has won them games with his legs and seems to be a much improved passer this year -- with two starters out,maybe they put a spy on Book ??? __ North Carolina's Howell has been jekyll & hyde like,great one series ,lost the next __ but the game should be a good one to watch -- don't care who wins,just want my Tigers to whoop Pitt** GO TIGERS !!!!

Nov 25, 2020, 9:42 AM

Honestly I don’t know how we contain Book. Our D against mobile QBs has been atrocious. I’m guessing Book runs from Kenan Stadium to somewhere in the middle of Oklahoma before it’s done. I don’t think it matters that they are missing a couple of linemen. Our secondary has been so injured this year that I think maybe we’ve considered putting uniforms on some cheer leaders. In all seriousness, I think they run all over our D.

Nov 25, 2020, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: North Carolina Can Beat ND! ]

big monk said:

Book has played outstanding for ND -- has won them games with his legs and seems to be a much improved passer this year -- with two starters out,maybe they put a spy on Book ??? __ North Carolina's Howell has been jekyll & hyde like,great one series ,lost the next __ but the game should be a good one to watch -- don't care who wins,just want my Tigers to whoop Pitt** GO TIGERS !!!!

Yeah, I agree! It would take North Carolina playing above their heads and ND playing their B- game or lower!

Agree on Howell! If he is on though - that dude is as good as anybody! I like the North Carolina WR's too! Seems like they have a decent TE too.
Their defense - I agree has been bad! ND if not on offensively and able to take advantage; plus an on Howell for N. Carolina could mean a win. Lots of things have to happen for the holes to win.

Nov 25, 2020, 5:56 PM

Yep, it has to all align. I will not be shocked if we win 45-42. I will not be shocked if we lose 60-21. Lol.

Nov 25, 2020, 7:09 PM

Like every game....... three and outs are BIG. The team that does that the best in this game likely wins.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic