Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should UCF get in??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Should UCF get in??

Oct 23, 2018, 2:04 PM

I do look at UCF as a college football "little brother" almost to teams like Florida and FSU with their mediocre scheduling due to conference. But looking at them do they deserve more credit? Winning 20 games in a row even against their own conference is not easy. Beating Auburn happened last year but raised eyebrows, this year though I noticed they played Pitt and drummed them easily. Notre Dame on the other hand severely struggled with Pitt. With this it really raised the question of does UCF deserve more recognition, they've done everything they can including beating ACC and SEC teams over this span and out performed the #3 team by the tune of 200 more yards 8 more first downs 26 more points allowing the same amount of yards nearly as well of being in strong control of the game from start to finish, Notre Dame gaining the lead with under 6 minutes left... If UCF doesn't get credit for this then should Notre Dame be punished for struggling with Pitt just as Clemson so often falls when they don't "dominate" an opponent?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Playoff should be 8, and UCF should get in***

Oct 23, 2018, 2:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Playoff should be 8, and UCF should get in***

Oct 23, 2018, 2:10 PM

But they aren't 8,are they?

No, they're not.

Oct 23, 2018, 2:15 PM

Am I right? What do I win?

Re: Playoff should be 8, and UCF should get in

Oct 23, 2018, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Playoff should be 8, and UCF should get in*** ]

Nope- 4 reward excellence

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellence, like being undefeated?

Oct 23, 2018, 2:39 PM

Honestly, to me its this simple...

If it stays at 4 teams and UCF doesn't get in (again) then it is effectively saying that a non power5 conference team (or very select independents) cannot every win the title and as such they should create a new subdivision of football for which they are eligible to win the title. It make no sense to me to play in a division(or subdivision) of football that you can't ever win even if you go undefeated.

So, either expand to 8 and give all FBS level teams a chance to earn their way there, or setup a secondary division between FCS and FBS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UCF doesn't get in even if the field is expanded to 8 teams***

Oct 23, 2018, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Playoff should be 8, and UCF should get in*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

They sure as heck should

Oct 23, 2018, 2:39 PM

Being undefeated should matter.

u5c would be undefeated against the schedule UCF has played***

Oct 23, 2018, 3:18 PM

Eh maybe. I could see USC losing at Memphis

Oct 23, 2018, 3:28 PM

UCF is quite a bit better than SC.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa

Re: Playoff should be 8, and UCF should get in***

Oct 23, 2018, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Playoff should be 8, and UCF should get in*** ]

I agree bc, even if they don't play in the NCG, if they get a win in the playoffs, that would prove they deserve being mentioned as a contender with the big dogs!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you have undefeated Bama and ND with a 1 loss Big10 Champ

Oct 23, 2018, 2:12 PM

and a 1 loss Clemson, you're gonna have a lot of national media pushing for UCF to get in over a 1 loss Clemson with the ACC down.

I doubt it would happen, but I can promise you people would like to see UCF get a chance at Bama instead of Clemson vs Bama part 4.

With that schedule...absolutely not !!!!

Oct 23, 2018, 2:14 PM

Their strength of schedule is currently ranked 127th nationally.

u5c may even be undefeated with that schedule.

Re: With that schedule...absolutely not !!!!

Oct 23, 2018, 2:26 PM

Agreed, but they've thumped every opponent that's been placed in front of them. They had a close call against Memphis who has the top rusher in the country who the 2nd half they contained greatly but other than that they've been all 3+ score games including this week with a backup QB.

Their SOS ranking is 127th nationally***

Oct 23, 2018, 3:20 PM

null

just reiterating... 127 out of 130 schedules is BAD

Oct 23, 2018, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: With that schedule...absolutely not !!!! ]

Not a single game against a team with a winning record and all but one have a losing record.

The cfp committee doesn’t care about a 20 game streak, just the games this year

Re: With that schedule...absolutely not !!!!

Oct 23, 2018, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: With that schedule...absolutely not !!!! ]

Bull. They have not “thumped” everyone they have played. They were down BIG to Memphis and lost due to a massive choke job. THEY HAVEN’T PLAYED ANYBODY! The whole question of them being in the CFP is INSANE.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not with 4 teams...expand and then there would be a seat

Oct 23, 2018, 2:25 PM

at the table.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not with 4 teams...expand and then there would be a seat

Oct 23, 2018, 2:32 PM

at the table.

Not true. Expand and more SEC and BIg 10 teams can get in. No thanks

Re: Not with 4 teams...expand and then there would be a seat

Oct 23, 2018, 2:58 PM

The gap between the top 4 and 5-8 is already large enough. No point pretending there's more than 1 POSSIBLE team to get in. Past few years there has been 1 team that didn't belong even. FSU got killed, Michigan state, Ohio State, Washington, all of these teams were severely over matched so why would you put in 4 more teams when you can't even find 4 that are capable?

Re: Should UCF get in??

Oct 23, 2018, 2:27 PM

If they win out they will have 2 top 25 wins potentially as well as a better head to head game against ND. Navy plays both teams as well so they could potentially out perform notre dame in 2 games with 2 top 25 games and 2 power 5 wins and a conference championship. Gets tricky thinking of it like that.

Nope. Schedule somebody and beat them.

Oct 23, 2018, 2:34 PM

You have to prove you are one of the best 4 teams in the country

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Nope. Schedule somebody and beat them.

Oct 23, 2018, 2:55 PM

If they win out they would have as many top 25 wins as we do.

Re: Nope. Schedule somebody and beat them.

Oct 23, 2018, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Nope. Schedule somebody and beat them. ]

Easier said than done. When they scheduled UNC, they were coming off an ACCCG appearance and were top 15, but they ended up sucking this year, and the game was canceled by a hurricane anyway.

Oct 23, 2018, 2:55 PM

During the preseason media days back in August, the NCAA made a statement which retroactively named UCF the 2017 college football playoff champions, with follow up comments stating something tot he effect that Alabama could not be considered the 2017 champion as they did not meet the requirements for playoff consideration.

Oct 23, 2018, 3:22 PM

This is completely false.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Oct 23, 2018, 3:24 PM

Then why is there a statement about in the 2018 NCAA media guide?

The NCAA has never before in their history recognized any team as "national champion", until this year when they retroactively recognized UCF as champion back in August.

Oct 23, 2018, 3:34 PM

You mean in the same media guide that listed bama as 2017 co-national champion? They said absolutely nothing about bama failing to meet the requirements for the playoff.

https://twitter.com/UCFSports/status/1033357478510120960/photo/2

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Oct 23, 2018, 4:05 PM

Press statement, other articles... either way, this legitimizes UCF's claim given that the NCAA has recognized them as 2017 national champions.

Hope so!

Oct 23, 2018, 2:59 PM

My dream CFP

Clemson
UCF
Ky
Iowa

Bring it!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2018, 3:01 PM

Man these Dr Pepper Fansville mercials are getting creepy

Oct 23, 2018, 3:04 PM

Let them play ND during conf champ week. The winner of that will get in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2018, 3:12 PM

I will vote for this.

Not with a 4 team playoff. Their schedule is horrible.

Oct 23, 2018, 3:21 PM

I don't think they are going to survive their closing stretch unbeaten either.

Oct 23, 2018, 3:25 PM

NOPE, but the USF and Cincinnati games are the best barometers we will have.

Temple is just as good as those two

Oct 23, 2018, 3:31 PM

All 3 are in the 32-40 range in S&P+ with USF actually being the weakest of the three.

Oct 23, 2018, 3:27 PM

NOPE, but the USF and Cincinnati games are the best barometers we will have.

Oct 23, 2018, 4:11 PM

No

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic