Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nolan Turner being out for the first half
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Nolan Turner being out for the first half

Dec 30, 2020, 8:00 AM

could be a big deal considering how good Olave is.
I hope Charleston can fill the gap w/o problems.
Makes me nervous. If I was Day, I'd test him several times
in the first half.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nolan Turner being out for the first half

Dec 30, 2020, 8:06 AM

I wonder if we could get the ACC to waive this rule. The Big10 would waive it for OSU, certainly.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS is a GREAT post.***

Dec 30, 2020, 8:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I don’t think targeting suspension should carry over to

Dec 30, 2020, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Nolan Turner being out for the first half ]

Conference championship games or bowl/playoff games. If someone takes advantage of the rule and tries to hurt someone ban them from postseason that year.

They will probably try and get Charleston in a favorable match up and go at him early. Venables will be ready.

Charleston has shown improvement over the year. He was a liability at the begging of the season. He’s gotten much more reliable. He’s nowhere near as experienced as Turner but I think we’ll be OK

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2020, 8:09 AM

I thought Olave was out on Dec. 19 with Covid. Even with changing the rules to come back after 17 days, he should not be eligible for this game. Do the rules simply not apply to them?

Dec 30, 2020, 8:14 AM

Even worse, he’s been practicing with the team for a while now. Let’s hope they don’t have an outbreak.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2020, 8:24 AM

Woody Hayes’ grandkids are conducting the tests this week. Should be fine!

Dec 30, 2020, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Nolan Turner being out for the first half ]

He returned to practice this week.

Dec 30, 2020, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Nolan Turner being out for the first half ]

He tested positive around the 10th of December. So he would have had to miss the Michigan game and the B1G chip, but obviously Michigan cancelled. He returned to play on the 27th.

The 17 days probably started before the 19th

Dec 30, 2020, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Nolan Turner being out for the first half ]

Ohio state played on the 5th and then Michigan canceled their game with OSU that was scheduled for the 12th. It really could've begun anywhere in that 2 week window since pretty much all coaches are attempting to keep the COVID news under wraps.

Rumors began surfacing early in the week leading up to the NW game that several OSU players including a prominent WR had tested positive and would miss the NW game. Olave returned to practice (I believe) on Monday the 28th this week. 17 days prior would've been Friday the 11th which kind of fits with when the rumors started surfacing.

It also means that the 21 day rule would've had him out until literally game day which may not have allowed him to return in time to play. Its probably not a coincidence that the B1G chose 17 days, specifically. That was likely the exact amount of time needed to get Olave back for a full week of practice leading up to the game.

Re: The 17 days probably started before the 19th

Dec 30, 2020, 2:47 PM

The 17 day rule has zero to do with Ohio State, in fact it stays in line with what the B1G has done all year. They used the CDC recommendation for quaratine when positive + 7 days for a cleared myocarditis test. Back in early fall the CDC's recommendation was 14 days, so the B1G had a 21 day protocol. They've since revised it to a 10 day quarantine, so the B1G adjusted to 17 days. It's not a conspiracy to let Chris Olave play.

SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Dec 30, 2020, 8:23 AM

Maybe Day hasn’t heard about this and we’ll gain a competitive advantage. Besides, isn’t knowing Turner is going to be out just like stealing signals?

And if we tnetters keep giving the nuts great ideas, we’re gonna lose this game, I just know it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 30, 2020, 10:17 AM

Charleston will be fine against the pass. Where we will miss Turner the most is against the run.

Dec 30, 2020, 10:30 AM

wasn't it Charleston that got beat with a double move
on ND's last minute drive in our first game?

That is who I thought it was. Am i wrong?

I thought that was Tyler Venables on the last drive

Dec 30, 2020, 10:56 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2020, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Nolan Turner being out for the first half ]

I agree he has been out of place some this season as expected for a freshman.
But overall he has had some big plays and I believe he will be just fine Friday

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic