Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fake News Media
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 845

Fake News Media

Feb 25, 2021, 9:12 AM

In Catahoula's Coca Cola thread, I rattled off a few fake news stories over the last 4 years and Cata tried (albeit poorly) to debunk the stories. Here are his terrible claims

Fine people Hoax

Catahoulas Claim: He said there were fine people on "both sides," meaning the neo-Nazi side. Then he tried to say he didn't mean those guys, but, well, that's all that existed on THAT side. There wasn't a "I'm marching with the neo-Nazis and white supremacists but I'm actually not one" section in that crowd.

Real Story: He said there were fine people on both sides and a couple of sentences later, without being prompted by a question he said he wasn't talking about neo-nazis and white supremacists. The media reported this and completely left out when he said he wasn't talking about nazis and white supremacists. Come on man. I know you are a complete idiot, but you have to understand this was taken out of context.

2. The inject bleach hoax:

Catahoula's claim: His quote was stupid and sounded like he thought you could inject disinfectant. He didn't tell people to start doing it, but the danger the media noted was that many Trumpies will blindly follow anything he says, thus there was fear people would start doing it.

Real Story: I think he only proved my point. In fairness, he did include the entire quote, but again it proved my point. Trump never told people to inject bleach. This rhetoric was spread by Nancy Pelosi and even Joe Biden a couple of weeks ago. It dominated the news cycle. Links are below

3. Trump being a Russian Agent/Asset:

Catahoula's claim: Name one media source that stated as a matter of fact that Trump was a Russian agent. Please provide a link to a NEWS story (not an editorial) where one of the major outlets said that.

Real Story: So fake news has to be reported as 100% fact for it to be fake news? The media can have people on stating it as fact and have the story run over and over, but if they say allegedly it isn't fake news? Adam Schiff went on a media tour spouting that Trump was compromised. Not many people disputed it. Again, links below

4. Steele Dossier:

Catahoula's Claim: Reported as info given to the media by agencies.

Real Story: Hillary Clinton and the DNC paid Fusion GPS to dig up dirt on Trump. The info that came back was the Steele Dossier and it was completely fake. It was given to the media and was reported as bombshell new evidence. The dossier was the basis of the entire Trump investigation. This is the definition of fake news dug up by a political opponent. Moreover, CNN and MSNBC said that the details were corroborated over and over again. Links below!

5. Trump not visiting dead soldiers graves because they were suckers:

Catahoula's Claim: Hasn't been proven to be fake, and Trump has disparaged veterans before on record.

Real Story: This information came out as an anonymous source. The person still hasn't had the balls to claim this BS information. Every single person on the trip however has come out in public to say that this was undeniably false. To add to this, this claim was completely contradicted in John Bolton's (Trump Hater) book. John Bolton came out and said if this was true, it would have been a whole chapter in his book. Also the flight details were all documented and back up the people's claims that were actually there.

6. Quid Pro Quo with Ukraine:

Catahoula's claim: This happened and he was impeached for it.

Real Story: Bombshell news came out that Trump had a quid pro quo w/ Ukraine to investigate corrupt crackhead, Hunter Biden. In order for Ukraine to get the aid, they had to investigate Hunter Biden. Trump released the call and there was no quid pro quo on the call. Also, the President of Ukraine said he had no clue the aid was even held up. So definitely not a quid pro quo. Trump routinely held foreign aid to countries to ensure it would be used the right way as any good president should. I would also like to note that there was already an ongoing investigation into Hunter Biden's foreign deals, so Trump was right that he needed to be investigated.

Lastly, Article 1 of impeachment was Abuse of Power. Article 2 was obstruction of congress. He did not get impeached for a quid pro quo

7. Officer Sicknick dying in the Capital riots due to being beaten with a fire extinguisher:

Catahoula's Claim: This wasn't "fake news". Law enforcement originally reported this was how he died, and later corrected the facts. This happens regularly where details from a criminal case can change as more information, particularly from a coroner's report, comes out.

Real Story: Officer Sicknick returned home after the riots feeling fine. He texted his brother that other than being pepper-sprayed, he was completely fine. The next day he was admitted to the hospital and died of a stroke. So you are saying that it happens regularly that an officer dying a day after a riot because of a stroke gets confused with being bludgeoned over the head with a fire extinguisher? That is quite the error. It also wasn't corrected at all until after the impeachment (surprise surprise). The only media outlet that reported it prior to the impeachment was Revolver and that was censored on Google. I had to go to Duck Duck Go to even find the article. I also was skeptical because I had never heard of Revolver before

8. Jacob Blake Shooting:

Catahoula's claim: I don't know what you're arguing about the Blake shooting.

Real Story: First reports were that Jacob Blake was breaking up a fight and then was shot in the back 7 times. This caused an uproar and even more riots. What really happened was that he was violating his restraining order from a woman he raped. He resisted arrest and had a knife in his hand. He continued to resist and reached in his car and got shot and killed justly.

9. Breonna Taylor Cop Shooting

Catahoula's Claim: Catahoula's claim: I don't know what you're arguing about the shooting.

Real Story: It was reported that Breonna Taylor was asleep in her bed when the cops entered with a no knock warrant and just started shooting. She was killed in her sleep. What really happened was the cops had a warrant, they entered the building and her boyfriend started shooting at the cops. The cops returned fire and in the process, shot Taylor. She was in the hallway and not asleep in her bed.

10. Hunter Biden Lap Top Scandal:

Catahoula's Claim: Jesus, the laptop scandal being a scandal was the fake part. Very clear the computer guy fabricated the story.

Real Story: The LapTop was very legit and had pictures of Hunter Biden banging hookers and smoking crack on it. It also had very damning emails and texts on it which have been corroborated by one of their business partners. The media said this was completely fake and was wiped off the internet. People couldn't share on any social media. Also, it was reported by "50 former state dept officials that it was Russian Disinformation"

Links to follow!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fake News Media

Feb 25, 2021, 9:22 AM

Link to media lying about the Steele Dossier

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1205542093831233536?s=20

breitbart.com/the-media/2019/12/13/media-serially-lie-steele-dossier-corroborated/

Link to Biden spreading the lie that trump said to drink/inject bleach at the debate and just a few weeks ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUAMHc6Syjc

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/biden-mocks-trump-bleach-comments-oig9WtYh

Media and people in congress saying Trump was a Russian Agent

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lawrence-odonnell-msnbc-trump-russian-operative

https://www.salon.com/2020/09/04/why-trump-was-never-investigated-as-a-russian-agent_partner/

https://pjmedia.com/video/debra-heine/2019/03/26/rep-eric-swalwell-argues-that-president-trump-is-a-russian-agent-who-works-on-russias-behalf-n92191

Feb 25, 2021, 1:23 PM

Steele dossier was a huge hoax. If any of that was true, then the FBI, CIA, NSA, etc. should be still working on it.

But alas, just like OJ has not found Nicole's killer, nothing will EVER be found relating to the dossier because it ALL was a lie.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2021, 9:38 AM

God I miss the days when you could show up to a stranger’s farm and he’d say “What’s your name, boy?” and you’d take off your hat and hold it to your chest to better let him see your face and reply, “Why I ain’t got none, sir, on account of my mammy passed on before she could give me one” and he’d tell you he’s real dámn sorry to hear that and ask what he can do you for and you’d tell him that you can’t read nor even write neither but you’re mighty good with horses and can mend them fallen fence posts what you saw on your way in and won’t ask for nothing much more than a hot meal and a warm barn to sleep in and he’d keep his wife and daughters inside but send his boy, who ain’t got married yet even though his mama tells him he needs a woman, out with a lantern and some stew at night and the two of you’d get to talkin’ and he’d throw you his flask to take a swig from and watch you drinkin from it while he leant against the door frame and when he finally got called back up to the house again he’d take a sip from it too real slow-like like it weren’t the whiskey what he were tryna savour.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Feb 25, 2021, 10:09 AM

Haha. I enjoyed this ^^^^^

Feb 25, 2021, 1:21 PM

Yep. The strategy is to make up a lie and keep repeating the lie. Keep repeating the lie. Keep repeating the lie.

Like the lie about the guy getting killed due to a fire extinguisher to the head.

The media is just Jussie Smolletting everyone every day.

A classic P&R formula

Feb 25, 2021, 2:21 PM

Halfwit gets absolutely torched by me in another thread, so he scrambles to start a new thread on something else to fire back at me.

Here's where you got smoked:

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/You-see-this-is-where-Trumpism-is-a-disease-28671206

But I'll entertain this futile attempt.

1. I fully recognize that Trump probably doesn't think neo-Nazis and white supremacists are "fine people," but his idiot words have given them comfort over the years. On that day, he said something stupid, and it came across as him saying there were fine people on that side. If you don't believe it, go read the reactions of actual neo Nazis who took what he said to heart.

2. I didn't say he "told people to go inject bleach". He tossed out the idea that it could be done, and the danger, of course is weak-minded people who believe everything he says. Like you.

3. So, you basically can't answer my challenge and embarrassingly try to play semantics over what defines the media. Okay.

4. Soooo... info given to the media as I said.

5. I agree that this hasn't been proven, but we can't say it didn't happen, and it's on brand with Trumpism. And don't cry about unnamed sources when just a day or two ago, you were touting one involving the Biden admin. You either hate unnamed sources all the time or you don't.

6. It happened and he was impeached for it. Period. End of story.

7. Yes, we know the details have changed. They were originally reported by law enforcement to the media that the fire extinguisher was the cause of death.

8. Sooo... details were first given to the media, then clarified as new details arose? You do know this happens a lot, right? Dude, I used to be a crime reporter. Details are often constantly changing when you talk with law enforcement, coroners, etc.

9. See #8.

10. This was a fake story made up by the computer guy.

####. I kinda feel bad for you on this post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: A classic P&R formula

Feb 25, 2021, 2:47 PM

I particularly love the fact that he dumps on the Fake News Media...by linking to PJ Media.

This is like refuting the New York Times with Mad Magazine. I mean, you do you, man, but yeah, throw down with those intellectually reputable sources that folks in the know can take with seriousness. PJ Media has been just a makes-you-shake-your-head-this-so-effing-stupid-train-wreck clown show for years now, and this is what he's linking to?

I mean, go with some Epoch Times, that we could take a little more seriously.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/PJ_Media

Let's go gentle, here.

Feb 25, 2021, 3:19 PM

Mountaineers is probably the kind of guy who thinks The Onion and Babylon Bee are real.

After all, he thought Trump was the only U.S. president to never start a war.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Feb 25, 2021, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: A classic P&R formula ]

quozzel said:

I particularly love the fact that he dumps on the Fake News Media...by linking to PJ Media.

This is like refuting the New York Times with Mad Magazine. I mean, you do you, man, but yeah, throw down with those intellectually reputable sources that folks in the know can take with seriousness. PJ Media has been just a makes-you-shake-your-head-this-so-effing-stupid-train-wreck clown show for years now, and this is what he's linking to?

It’s a video of swalwell saying Trump was a Russian agent.

Would you trust the video more if it was on YouTube?

Feb 25, 2021, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: A classic P&R formula ]

quozzel said:

It’s a video of swalwell saying Trump was a Russian agent.

Would you trust the video more if it was on YouTube?

People would trust you more...

Feb 25, 2021, 3:55 PM

If you didn't believe things like "Trump is the only U.S. president to never start a new war."

Re: People would trust you more...

Feb 25, 2021, 4:02 PM

That was an error on my end and I corrected it I still ended up being wrong. you were wrong too. I owned up to it.

No you didn't.

Feb 25, 2021, 4:08 PM

You "corrected" it by saying since Reagan. That isn't true, either. Clinton and Obama didn't start new wars.

I wasn't wrong. I said modern era (post WWII), and I said Eisenhower, which is the correct answer. Truman started a war. Eisenhower didn't.

Re: No you didn't.

Feb 25, 2021, 7:39 PM

Dude. For the last time. I misspoke and told you what I meant to say. I then researched it further, admitted I was wrong, and provided a link with correct information.

Why are you like this? You seem like a completely miserable person.

Feb 25, 2021, 10:01 PM

Riling you brings joy to my miserable life.

I see where you admitted you were wrong now. But in the same breath, you said I was as well. And I wasn't.

But at least help me with this. Before you researched it, what led you to believe Trump was the only president to not start a new war in the modern era?

Feb 26, 2021, 7:55 AM

Riling you brings joy to my miserable life.

I see where you admitted you were wrong now. But in the same breath, you said I was as well. And I wasn't.

But at least help me with this. Before you researched it, what led you to believe Trump was the only president to not start a new war in the modern era?

Glad to hear you admit you have a miserable life. That’s step 1 to fix it. I hope you get help. Life is too short to be a miserable sack of sh!t like yourself

As I’ve said about 8 times to you, I never thought that. I misspoke and I’ve owned up to my error.

Now are you going to provide me a link of proof of a quid pro quo with Ukraine?

Or a link to the the lap top scandal being fake?

Also please explain to me how someone could mistake an officer having a stroke a day after the riot, with being bludgeoned in the head with a fire extinguisher? I understand how police reports or press releases can get corrected. For example if it was reported he was bashed in the head with an extinguisher, but it turned out he was just trampled I could understand it. But how can somebody get it that wrong? You know why, you just don’t want to admit it.

Feb 26, 2021, 8:46 AM

1. Sarcasm is unsurprisingly lost on you.

2. You said I was wrong. I wasn't. Own that.

3. The House already proved the quid pro quo with Ukraine.

4. The burden of proof is on you to prove your laptop claim.

5. Do you not understand that sometimes a coroner will clarify cause of death? Sometimes police think they know what killed someone and it turns out to be something else. I would encourage you to do research on this topic. I saw it happen a lot.

Feb 26, 2021, 9:01 AM

1. Sarcasm is unsurprisingly lost on you.

2. You said I was wrong. I wasn't. Own that.

3. The House already proved the quid pro quo with Ukraine.

4. The burden of proof is on you to prove your laptop claim.

5. Do you not understand that sometimes a coroner will clarify cause of death? Sometimes police think they know what killed someone and it turns out to be something else. I would encourage you to do research on this topic. I saw it happen a lot.

Ok so you are not going to do any of that. Why? Because you can’t find any proof. Just like liberal media, you continue to spew lies until you actually believe them. It’s like you brainwash yourself.

We are done here. You asked me to provide links to people spreading fake news about the dossier and claiming it was true, trump being a Russian agent, him saying drink bleach. I have provided this links for you.

You dismissed them because one of them was a news source you didn’t like, even though it linked to a real video.

You have expressed your concern multiple times that “trumpers actually take what trump says seriously”, but you have no issue with the media/high profile people intentionally framing what he says dishonestly. You make 0 sense, but all good.

And now you won’t provide any links to your false claims. Like a true liberal snowflake you just deflect, deflect, deflect. All good, I knew this if you.

Feb 26, 2021, 10:11 AM

We are done here. You asked me to provide links to people spreading fake news about the dossier and claiming it was true, trump being a Russian agent, him saying drink bleach. I have provided this links for you.

I didn't ask for any of that. You started this post and went on some weird rant. Like three days later, too. We've established that you can't grasp the difference between the media claiming something and the media interviewing officials claiming something. If you can't get that through your head at your age, there's little I can do for you. And I never claimed Trump said to drink bleach.

As for burden of proof, I see you never took a class that explained logic to you. When you make a claim, the burden of proof is on you to prove it, not to demand someone else find evidence to prove you wrong. This is simple logic. Learn it.

Like a true liberal snowflake you just deflect, deflect, deflect...

You're the only one acting like a whiny crybaby, and you're just making up straw men by claiming I said things I didn't.

Feb 26, 2021, 11:14 AM

Reading or memory recollection are obviously not your strong suit. You should lay off the IPAs

In your original Coca Cola post you said, and I quote, “ Name one media source that stated as a matter of fact that Trump was a Russian agent. Please provide a link to a NEWS story (not an editorial) where one of the major outlets said that”

Not trying to get lost in the shuffle, especially with a very long post, I decided to create a new thread and provide a link as requested by you.

And yes, I have showed you proof. Do you want more? Sure. You have also made claims, have you not? The issue is that you don’t want to provide proof of your claims.

Quid pro quo - the accusation was that trump had a quid pro quo in the call with Ukrainian president. Below is a transcript of the call.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/09/25/politics/donald-trump-ukraine-transcript-call/index.html

Hunter Biden lap top: here is their business partner confirming the emails are legitimate also below is an article from your favorite news site confirming the FBI took possession of said lap top in 2019. Now do you want to back up any of the claims you made with proof?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter-biden-business-partner-email-genuine-joe-biden-advice.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/12/09/politics/hunter-biden-tax-investigtation/index.html

Feb 25, 2021, 3:59 PM [ in reply to A classic P&R formula ]

ABSOLUTELY TORCHED BRO!!!!

Hey bud. I admitted it was wrong. I can do that because I am not an insane individual like yourself. I took the L. Now it’s your
Turn to take the L on this one. Remember You were the one that asked me to provide proof which is what I did. Now you are deflecting by saying the only reason I posted this was because I GOT SMOKED IN ANOTHER THREAD. I was answering your questions in another thread.

You still don’t understand.

The media selectively edited his quote to make people believe he said nazis were very fine people. He didn’t. If you can’t see that and don’t understand what selective editing is then you can’t be helped. The current president even repeated this propaganda in a debate because he was tricked by the fake news.

If you are so concerned about how “Trumpers” will take his statements then why are you ok with the media framing it in a dishonest way?

When I say fake news it can be spread by actual mainstream media, it can be spread by people in congress or the current president of United States.

It seems you are the one deflecting by saying it can only be fake news IF the mainstream media states it in absolute.

1. Fact: Trump said there were many fine people there on both sides and excluded nazis and whites supremacists. For the last 4 years the news media said that Trump said the complete opposite. You are wrong.

2. Trump did not say inject bleach. Multiple news
Outlets and the current president of the United States said he did. Again, why are you in with this if you are so concerned with trump supporters listening to his words

3. How is this so hard for you to understand. In this case, people in congress as well as some news media said he was a Russian agent. This is fake news. Other mainstream Media outlets amplified it. They can say “allegedly” but the fake news came from somewhere right?

4. Did you not read the links or listen to the video I attached for you?. This is people in media saying the Steele dossier was corroborated. They said aspects of the dossier were true. They were not.

5. Anonymous sources are bad. The fake news was stated as false by the weather report, the itinerary that day, and John Bolton, and everyone else that was actually there.

6. There was no quid pro quo. The president of Ukraine said there was no quid pro quo. The call did not have a quid pro quo. There is absolutely no proof of it. Why don’t you provide a link since you are so sure of it. Trump was impeached for asking for an investigation when there was already an investigation by the FBI on crackhead.

7. If you think a report can mistakenly go from bludgeoned in the head by a fire extinguisher to went to the hospital the next day and died from a stroke then you are an idiot. But I know this.

8. Who reported he was breaking up a fight? It wasn’t even close to true. It caused riots, property damage, and even more murder. The fact that you are ok with it speaks volumes. Do you think the media has an obligation to actually corroborate evidence or testimony before they blabber to the public?

9. See 8.

10. Show me the proof that it it was a made up story. Show me or ####. The lap top is legit. The emails are legit. Do you still believe the 50 former state dept officials that said it was Russian disinformation?

Feb 25, 2021, 4:10 PM

You provided no links to refute any claim I have made, and you embarrassed yourself by linking to PJ Media.

Feb 25, 2021, 4:15 PM

I don’t know what pj media is. Never heard of it. It has a video of Eric swalwell making false claims. Are you saying the video is fake?

Also here is a clip of mainstream media saying he dossier was true.

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1205542093831233536?s=21

Do you really not understand...

Feb 25, 2021, 4:19 PM

That when a media outlet interviews an official, and that person says something is true or false, that it's THAT person making the claim and not the media outlet?

I'm feeling this where we're lost here and that I'm actually going to have to explain that to you.

Re: Do you really not understand...

Feb 25, 2021, 4:23 PM

I am saying that any time anybody spreads misinformation intentionally, then it is fake news.

So again...

Feb 25, 2021, 6:28 PM

You seem to think if the media interviews a source, and he makes a claim, that it's the media outlet making the claim.

Help me help you understand why this is ridiculous.

Re: So again...

Feb 25, 2021, 6:43 PM

I think it’s safe to say that you are intentionally missing the point.

Fake news comes in all forms. Trump has spread fake news, republicans have spread fake news, leftist media spreads fake news, democrats spread fake news.

Unfortunately it seems that the democrats and their media allies spread fake news that causes great harm.

Dayam

Feb 25, 2021, 6:34 PM

Cat got smoked!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 845
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic