Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: SB Nation projection ranks Clemson No. 3 in 2019
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 78
| visibility 1

TNET: SB Nation projection ranks Clemson No. 3 in 2019

Jun 3, 2019, 12:46 PM

SB Nation projection ranks Clemson No. 3 in 2019

SB Nation released its preview for the defending champs on Monday and Dabo Swinney’s Tigers are projected to dominate the regular season. Where they fall in the Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, we really are that much better.***

Jun 3, 2019, 12:51 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

If we hadn't taken a knee,

Jun 3, 2019, 1:24 PM

I guess we wouldn't have been 35 points better than Bama either. But sadly we still would have gotten the ring.

These people have a mental disorder.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: If we hadn't taken a knee,

Jun 4, 2019, 11:35 AM

Clemson could have easily scored there in the end, but essentially took a knee. Then earlier in that drive when ETN took the ball around the left side, he would have easily scored a long TD there had he not had a gimpy ankle. He hurt his ankle earlier in the game when he ran out of bounds inside the ten yard line with a slight ankle sprain. He was a bit slower after that. So 51-16 is what is easily should have been, and even higher had Clemson's 2nd and 3rd string not been going against Alabama's 1st string in the last 4 or 5 minutes or so of the game. And the backups were still moving the ball against a given up Alabama defense.

Re: No, we really are that much better.***

Jun 3, 2019, 4:00 PM [ in reply to No, we really are that much better.*** ]

we were 56 points better but felt bad for them

Re: TNET: SB Nation projection ranks Clemson No. 3 in 2019

Jun 3, 2019, 12:55 PM

LOL at ESecPN thinking our only challenge is the two SEC teams we play. They aren't about to give us credit where its due even after shellacking their Golden Child in the championship game last year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No,

Jun 3, 2019, 2:01 PM

This isnt ESPN. It's Bill Connelly's article through sbnation. He's the founder and proprietor of the S&B+ analytics system and is the most respected college football analyst. The ranking is based off of the S&B+ not his personal opinion.

I see you listen to PAPN***

Jun 3, 2019, 4:21 PM

PAPN, the audible, and solid verbal

Jun 3, 2019, 4:30 PM

Are my go to's, with shutdown fullcast helping round out my commute

So Connelly is wrong instead of ESPiN... Who cares? He

Jun 3, 2019, 5:22 PM [ in reply to No, ]

was wrong all the way through and after last year. Why would we expect anything different? Maybe he needs to adjust his "anal-istics".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No,

Jun 3, 2019, 5:38 PM [ in reply to No, ]

He has no credibility based on this crap.....and for him to have Georgia, with Bama also being very very questionable, ranked ahead of Clemson proves it.......Total BS......Go Tigers!!!!

Jun 3, 2019, 5:10 PM [ in reply to No, ]

So you don't think any of this is influenced by ESPN's SEC bias that is blasted across the networks 24/7? I read the article and knew it was SB Nation not ESPN. ESPN is the root of the problem

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2019, 1:55 PM [ in reply to No, ]

I personally don’t care about his S$B+ analytics. Sure numbers are great but what happens on the field is what matters most. You can speculate and run the numbers all you want but it doesn’t mean anything until the games are played. Since he’s working for super bowl nation and not a professional gambler I’m gonna guess he really isn’t that good at numbers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His numbers don’t mean squat

Jun 3, 2019, 9:53 PM [ in reply to No, ]

That was nice of them to still give us the rings even though

We weren't that much better than Bama if at all. Its not like we play the most players in CFB that hurt our "efficiency" metrics or "earn it on the field "

What a crackpot analysis..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

blah blah blah...we know the drill.***

If the Tigers had scored on that last 10 plus minutes drive,

Jun 3, 2019, 12:59 PM

then all the naysayers would have been shut up, however I am glad Dabo showed mercy, and the Bama
apologists continue their whining and hope for revenge next year. lol

Re: If the Tigers had scored on that last 10 plus minutes drive,

Jun 3, 2019, 1:58 PM

Nick understood what was happening in that drive as we rammed it down their throat. Nick understood what it meant when we took the starting o-line out with 2 minutes to play. Nick understood what it meant when we let the clock expire with 36 seconds and first-and-goal.

Just because the EPSN homers can't doesn't mean that Nick didn't get it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the Tigers had scored on that last 10 plus minutes drive,

Jun 3, 2019, 3:31 PM [ in reply to If the Tigers had scored on that last 10 plus minutes drive, ]

I really doubt people who think Bama is the team to beat next season would suddenly think otherwise had we beat them 51-16 instead of 44-16.

98 yard drive and over ten minutes then scoring would

Jun 3, 2019, 4:36 PM

have drawn a lot more attention, and 50 pts. is a WOW factor.

The thing I liked most about the drive was TL rushing for

Jun 3, 2019, 5:25 PM

first downs and busting heads... He's going to be a beast before he leaves.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The thing I liked most about the drive was TL rushing for

Jun 3, 2019, 6:19 PM

He kinda already is ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

What Bill Connolly doesn't understand...

Jun 3, 2019, 12:59 PM

is we played Defense, by design, that would keep everything in front of us, making it easier to move the ball in the middle of field, then, tighten the grip on them in the redzone. We also had a few opportunistic play calls ready where were knew with high probability the play call that was coming (see both INT's) and Trevon's sack late in the 2nd.

If we were willing to play a little more risky, we could held Bama to a lot less than what they even got. But, see their first TD. No need to give them too many of those opportunities.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What Bill Connolly doesn't understand...

Jun 3, 2019, 1:04 PM

That is exactly why we did not play risky. Tua has the ability to move the pocket and make a defense pay in space. Shorten the field, limit the WRs and our defense controlled every play. The more desperate they were to make something happen the more mistakes were made. It was all part of the game plan and they never proved capable of executing.

null

Re: What Bill Connolly doesn't understand...

Jun 3, 2019, 6:39 PM

+1.....Finally someone verbalizes what others didn't understand about the way we let them move the ball with the run game and take away the big play ability that was their go to last season (Venables genius). Shrink the field and the receivers success drops off in the short field.
Isn't what Bill Connelly (who is she?)said the same think Jakie Bently said right before the "never again" remark? ......"They really weren't much better than us"......Yeah boy.

Jun 3, 2019, 1:03 PM

Bill Connelly admitted that he adds points to the SEC teams S&P rankings in a podcast earlier this year. Just shows how worthless his rankings are.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jun 3, 2019, 1:04 PM

He forgot to mention that playing most of your players helps keep them fresh and wears down an opponent. Just little details!

In retrospect Tigers should have put 51 pts on these

Jun 3, 2019, 1:13 PM

Stubborn Bigheads!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In retrospect Tigers should have put 51 pts on these

Jun 3, 2019, 6:21 PM

! Pottymouth ^

DB23

The author is a joke and emotionally

Jun 3, 2019, 1:15 PM

butt hurt. He also failed to mention that UVA crushed SC Jr, decisively!

It's been said that

Jun 3, 2019, 1:28 PM

The eyes don't lie. Well, apparently what we all witnessed was simply an anomaly, not to be replicated. Hmmm...we'll see, won't we?

Regarding the final drive, that was the craftiness of Dabo. He knew what the narrative would be if the score held, so, he took the proverbial 'knee' and made the cheese he knows Saban can't stand.

That Dabo...he's something else, ain't he!?! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2019, 1:25 PM

Bill Connely should stop reading his computer and start watching some football games, particularly the national championship. We weren’t better. We were dominate and in fact showed mercy in order to not break 50.

Jun 3, 2019, 1:32 PM

I dont usually let stuff like this get me riled, but the whole,"not 28 points better," thing has got my Irish acting up on me.

Bama got manhandled in the fourth quarter to a degree which sees me still growing more impressed. absolute beatdown is what happened. and though the work which led to its reality was initiated at the first kickoff, the routing came from a unit made up largely of rotation players. it was a ###### insult to Bama of generational proportions. it's the kind of beatdown which is supposed to be a rarity in D1 ball, especially in bowl games and never expected to be realized by Bama.

28 points better? it was 28 points and thoroughly insulting mercy.

Jun 3, 2019, 3:42 PM

We were 28 points(or perhaps even more) better than them that night, but I don't disagree with the thought that we are/were a 28 point better team overall.

I think if we played Bama 10 times that they'd win at least 2-3 of those games, and most of them would be pretty close IMO.

I think we were pretty evenly matched in the 1st half with the turnovers being the big difference. I think Bama came out in the 2nd half and made some mistakes like teams often do when playing from behind. Similar to me not feeling as if Bama was 18 points better than us the year before, even though I do feel they were better than us that year. Also similar to me not feeling as if South Carolina's offense was so awesome last year that they'd typically score 35 points against us.

I know this won't be a popular post, and I do think we were certainly better than Bama last year and earned everything on the field that we got. I just didn't leave that game thinking that we were on a such a level above Bama that we'd beat them by 28+ points more times than not if we played multiple times.

Agreed

Jun 3, 2019, 4:40 PM

We were absolutely 28 points better that night in the only place it mattered, on the scoreboard but I doubt a good argument could be made that as a body of work we proved all season we were truly that much better than them. But In the end, who the hell cares, In the only place it matters , we were , by definition, 28 pts better

Jun 3, 2019, 1:47 PM

We weren't that much better than 'bamer because his stats show it. Is there a trophy and rings involved in winning his stats? The only stat that matters is the score at the end of the game.

Jun 3, 2019, 2:03 PM

All I read was blah, blah blah blah,Bama, blah blah

Nothing to see here, just trying to

Jun 3, 2019, 2:05 PM

Sell magazines and memberships to the SEC per usual. A lie to sell memberships and magazines and make Fake News because they know just like we know who is the best an it scares them they might have to change their narrative a little bit to make the same money they make now. If they can buy being number 1 Bama and the dawgs will do it just like the rest of the SEC.

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jun 3, 2019, 2:38 PM

Connelly can analyze first down and second down and third down and even fourth down but the only down that mattered that night was TOUCHDOWN and the Tigers rung up six of those versus two for Bama. No statistical analysis will ever change it.

Jun 3, 2019, 2:39 PM

I really hope these type of “Clemson wasn’t 28 points better than bama” stories keep coming throughout the season. That and the bama players not giving us credit either. Our players read stuff like this and it will only motivate them to go and do it again. If we were to only win one more national championship I want it to be this year against bama and beat them just as bad as we did last year. Maybe all the media pundits will shut up and just accept that this is the Clemson era

I'm still a huge Bill Connelly fan. I don't agree with

Jun 3, 2019, 2:50 PM

his numbers all of the time, but his team preview series is incredible and he's probably the most respected CFB analytics guy in the country right now. Anyone that says he's an idiot knows absolutely nothing about him. No ranking or metric is ever going to make everyone happy whether it's FPI, S&P+, or the AP football poll.

He's pretty much admitted in the past that his metrics tend to underrate Clemson, but he's not going to change his formula to appease one fan base. His goal is to lower the absolute error of the entire S&P+ making it more accurate at projecting games for all 130 teams in D1 CFB.

He actually just made a big change a few months ago by adding a conference strength component to his rankings. He was trying to level out the G5 schools that his numbers consistently overrated, but the side effect to this change was a big boost to SEC teams and a bit of a hit to the ACC because of how bad the conference was in 2018. This was disappointing as a Clemson fan because it lowered our rating a couple of points and boosted Bama and UGA by 4-5 which i do no think is a fair reflection. UGA wasn't 3 points better than Clemson in 2018 and Bama wasn't a TD better. But if it makes his numbers more accurate overall, and he claims it did pretty significantly, then i at least understand why he did it.

And i do agree with him that we weren't 28 points better than Bama overall. We were in that game, but if we played them several more times like in a series we wouldn't beat them by 28 every time. If anyone saw a betting line of Clemson -28 over Bama in Game 2 of the CFP championship series they would think everyone in Vegas had lost their minds. We were 28 points better than teams like Pitt, Maryland, and Baylor last year, but not Bama.

But again, the part that is disappointing is that before he changed his system a few months ago we had basically caught Bama in the overall rankings for the #1 spot and were several points better than them only factoring in the games were Trevor Lawrence was the starter. I thought that was a much more accurate assessment of the two teams than the current ratings which gave Bama a big boost.

So you're saying he thinks "It just means more."...? Such a

Jun 3, 2019, 5:34 PM

slobbering sycophant for the SEC... He's losing credibility... rapidly.

Re: So you're saying he thinks "It just means more."...? Such a

Jun 3, 2019, 5:50 PM

Do you not agree that the Sec was a much better conference than the acc last year?

Re: So you're saying he thinks "It just means more."...? Such a

Jun 3, 2019, 10:57 PM

That doesnt mean that Arkansas, one of the worst FBS teams, should get a boost while the best team in country should be punished all due to conference affiliation.

Re: I'm still a huge Bill Connelly fan. I don't agree with

Jun 3, 2019, 5:53 PM [ in reply to I'm still a huge Bill Connelly fan. I don't agree with ]

You are by far my favorite poster on tnet. I literally agree with everything you post, and say the same things you do when talking sports with friends.

I’ve been wanting to tell you that for a while, just haven’t gotten around to it. Just giving credit where credit is due.

Jun 3, 2019, 6:48 PM

I agree 100%. By far the best and most reasonable poster.

Jun 3, 2019, 11:00 PM [ in reply to I'm still a huge Bill Connelly fan. I don't agree with ]

He said adjusting for conferences changed spreads by around 1 percentage point, which in reality isn't all that much. All his work shows is that you can create a formula to get whatever results you may desire.

Jun 3, 2019, 2:57 PM

It's truly a sad excuse of reporting when using any excuses they choose to use at ranking teams at what ever spot they want them in by simply giving any lame A S S excuse they choose to pencil in!!! While they were at it, why would they not put LSU in there ahead of us, they beat UGA also, and they are a part of the mighty vaulted SEC, and they could have had 3 SEC teams out in front of the ACC or any other conference, that is what they're after isn't IT?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we were 5 touchdowns better than they were

Jun 3, 2019, 3:01 PM

But Dabo showed mercy

Deer Bill....SCOREBOARD!!!!

Jun 3, 2019, 3:06 PM

Also Dabo called off the dogs and it would've been more than 28 had he not.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Deer Bill....SCOREBOARD!!!!

Jun 3, 2019, 3:15 PM

Alabama was held scoreless in the last 44 minutes of the game.

.....Blowout

Correct. ABSOLUTE, COMPLETE BLOWOUT!!!***

Jun 3, 2019, 5:36 PM

Re: Deer Bill....SCOREBOARD!!!!

Jun 3, 2019, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Deer Bill....SCOREBOARD!!!! ]

Yep, as others said, we could have scored more. Toward the end we took it easy on them and they know it.

Pre-season rank 3... OK, no biggie...

Jun 3, 2019, 3:15 PM

We all know the drill that's been going down for years with the SEC lovers at ESPN and across the country.

Clemson pulled the wins through the season without having to have A+ gameplay every week. But when it came to digging in and not giving up like in the Syracuse game it was clear last year's team was far superior to the prior two years.

When it came to the final three games of the year that really mattered, and the 4th against the Gamechickens the team met the challenges in-game, made the adjustments to defense to play keep away, and let the offense run roughshod over the opposition.

Notre Dame and Alabama made some mistakes, had injuries, but what beat them was good old fashion smart pressure play calling by Venebles, and talented offensive puches on the ground and in the air. Against Notre Dame they weren't able to piece together a good answer to the looks and pressure. For Alabama, they played like they always did in 2018. Just good enough to beat most average SEC teams handily. If Jalen Hurts hadn't come in against Georgia they wouldn't have won that game, playing against a better than average team. The SEC is essentially a bunch of average teams propped up by two power programs in Bama and Georgia. The rest of the teams fluctuate so wildly that Alabama was allowed to rest a broke Tua through the season.

Tua is no Trevor Lawrence... that got proven in the championship game. He made throws that if it were any regular QB he wouldn't remain a starter. He failed to read the field multiple times, and you can't depend on 'lucky' throws like it was a Madden console game.

Trevor Lawrence played very well, but still made the rookie mistakes, just not at a level of a normal rookie. His mistakes were down losses in mostly the backfield passes and short flicks. Throwing those short passes inconsistently caused a lot of short possessions, but still he made up for it where it counted. That was the difference between him and Bryant. Consistently making the big plays to receivers. And with the running talent of the Tigers, as long as ball hand-offs weren't bungled the ground game was better than any average team.

Rewatch several games from last year and it's easy to pick out the issues that kept the Tigers from romping every game over 60pts. Opportunities lost, but still outclassing the competition where it mattered.

The championship game there is no doubt Alabama was trying. There were flaws like poor coverage at times, but those boys were trying. But the Tigers took them to task, the two interceptions on Tua were completely unnecessary for the Tigers to win the game, but they were symptomatic of why the Tigers are simply much better down the stretch than any other team. They can come up with the ball when least expected and put enough points on the board to make the other team question their sanity.

So whether some ESPN hack wants to rate them 3rd really doesn't matter. We know the Tigers will put together the necessary plays and make their mark yet again.

I love how everyone immediately jumps on the ESPN thing

Jun 3, 2019, 3:38 PM

1) SB Nation is not affiliated with ESPN
2) Bill Connelly is not affiliated with ESPN
3) Neither SB Nation nor Bill Connelly has any affiliation with the SEC (aside from Bill being a Missouri grad, but he's been doing this since before Missouri was in the SEC)
4) ESPN's metric (and ESPN actually IS affiliated with the SEC), the FPI, actually has Clemson #1 right now

Thank you!

Jun 3, 2019, 4:44 PM

This lazy “ESPN hates us” mantra is even more ridiculous when applied to the work of someone not even remotely affiliated with espn. For goodness sake, espn isn’t out to get us and the fact that people still go there despite our recent conquering of cfb is sad

Thank you!

Jun 3, 2019, 4:44 PM [ in reply to I love how everyone immediately jumps on the ESPN thing ]

This lazy “ESPN hates us” mantra is even more ridiculous when applied to the work of someone not even remotely affiliated with espn. For goodness sake, espn isn’t out to get us and the fact that people still go there despite our recent conquering of cfb is sad

ESPN pretty much led the disinformation campaign for the

Jun 3, 2019, 4:57 PM [ in reply to I love how everyone immediately jumps on the ESPN thing ]

Entire year last year. The sorry journalists that work for lesser media outlets just followed them like sheep.

Are they changing their tune because of the 44-16 shellacking or because the ACC network is going live this year? Hard to say but the over rating of the SEC, particularly Georgia, Florida and LSU was sickening last year.

At least Syracuse had some dynamic QB play. remember how much hype Mississippi state was getting? It's old and while ESPN isn't against us. They are pumping the SEC WAY too hard. I for one am tired of it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were not 28 points better than Alabama last year

Jun 3, 2019, 3:18 PM

otherwise we could have gone 96 yards in 10+ minutes and scored instead of running out of time and only making 92 yards and taking a knee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’s no different than the others. He has to blow the SEC horn.***

Jun 3, 2019, 3:23 PM

He's really not. He spends more time talking about the G5

Jun 3, 2019, 3:35 PM

and smaller P5 schools that are doing good things than any other person in CFB media.

What you calling a "horn"...?***

Jun 3, 2019, 5:39 PM [ in reply to He’s no different than the others. He has to blow the SEC horn.*** ]

He's correct, we were 35 to 42 points better than bama

Jun 3, 2019, 3:58 PM

not 28.

no argument from me.

S&B is the Stoopid

Jun 3, 2019, 4:02 PM

Clemson could have won by 39-42 with ZERO effort. Saban does not have a winning culture. Essentially Bama had a bully culture and upon getting popped in the mouth they crumbled. Saban and Tua are both good but overrated as world beaters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2019, 4:35 PM

Clicked on the link and ready the full article. I now have the beginnings of a migraine and I still don’t know the 2 teams this clown has ranked ahead of us. I’m going to assume Bama and Jawga... but seriously can’t figure it out based upon said article

Whatever...I'm tired of blind/sycophant sports writers***

Jun 3, 2019, 5:06 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

the score board says we were indeed 28 points better***

Jun 3, 2019, 5:18 PM

Jun 3, 2019, 5:35 PM

This would definitely qualify as FAKE NEWS......these SEC homers are full of crap......total BS .......Go Tigers!!!!!!!

B!tch, please....***

Jun 3, 2019, 5:40 PM

Jun 3, 2019, 6:15 PM

I don't speak idiot ... did that guy just say we weren't 4 TDs better than Alabama last year ?
Played them once , beat them by 4 TDs. Not a lotta math to figure it out , really .

DB23

THIS JUST IN! Henceforth, games will be decided by who is

Jun 3, 2019, 6:30 PM

most efficient on 1st down only. This will be called "The Alabama Factor." Scoring points is now irrelevant.

I am sure Finebaum will run with this new narrative starting tomorrow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dear SB Nation,

Jun 3, 2019, 7:17 PM

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for writing this. I’ll put it to good use.

Sincerely,
Dabo Swinney

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SB Nation suffers from an actute case of delusion

Jun 3, 2019, 8:08 PM

...and lives in a fantasy world.

Otherwise, everything they said makes perfect sense. :)

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2019, 8:41 PM

“Clemson wasn’t really 28 points better than Alabama last year,” SB Nation’s Bill Connelly wrote. “S&P+ (stat definitions below) still graded the Tide better for the season as a whole (and does so heading into 2019 as well), and the title game’s strange ‘Alabama wins every first down, and Clemson wins every third down and red zone snap formula wasn’t particularly replicable.

Read more:
https://www.tigernet.com/update/SB-Nation-projection-ranks-Clemson-No-3-in-2019-33042#ixzz5pprDq3l6

That's some funny stuff, right there. Exactly how many points were we better than them? Maybe they were really better than us? Scoreboard didn't say so........ Hahahahahahahahaha! Geez-o-Pete.

How does his analytics compute

Jun 3, 2019, 11:06 PM

the rotation and the vanilla play calling throughout the year. Analytics are blind when they only measure numbers with relation to Clemson football - unless they can somehow capture different personnel rotation as matched with play calling vs yardage and points expected with play design.

My analytics show Clemson was absolutely 28 points better than Alabama. Just looking at the final score is all i need to determine that. :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: How does his analytics compute

Jun 4, 2019, 1:36 AM

This is my first post here , however long time reader of TNET. In 2013 Bama beat ND in the championship by how many points???? Wait for it!! 28 is how many and everyone ,I mean everyone including myself said ND had no business being there. Not even a year has passed since we stomped bama by 28 in the NC and these *** holes are still trying to find a logical/ statistical reason for bama’s loss? SEC MAKES SICK!!!!! I enjoy reading all your posts guys, keep it up

Here's poor little Clemson , chugging along on the ROY bus

Jun 4, 2019, 4:41 AM

I appreciate that we are allowed to play in the same league (NCAA) with the mighty kings - Alabama. I just hope we get a chance to play them again this year, even though everyone knows that little ole Clemson can't really compete with them. Clearly 2016 and 2018 were just illusions - anomalies. Let's get back on the Bama train because it's clear nobody can beat them in 2019.

Jun 4, 2019, 9:03 AM

Ok, I'll admit I'm a simple man and may not understand deep dives into analytics but is Bama's efficiency rating a direct result of their easy schedule?

i will settle for beating Georgia in the first round....

Jun 4, 2019, 7:37 PM

And beating Bama in the championship

Sounds good to me....

Replies: 78
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic