Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No way around it - last second TD was classless
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Sep 8, 2019, 9:35 PM

Jimbo, the Aggies, the media can TRY to label A&M's last-second trash TD a "way to practice for crucial situations in later games" - but that really wasn't it. It was a typical Jimbo Fisher classless move.

All the trash talking, swagger & guaranteed win claims from the players - that all eminates from the HC - & it's indicative of Jimbo's gutter style of coaching.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing classless about it.***

Sep 8, 2019, 9:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nothing classless about it.***

Sep 9, 2019, 9:49 AM

The guy was wide open in the endzone--easy score. Can't stand Jimbo, but any team would have done the same.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Naw, Dabo would have done the same thing***

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But with a backup QB.***

Sep 8, 2019, 10:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Naw, Dabo would have done the same thing***

Sep 9, 2019, 7:26 AM [ in reply to Naw, Dabo would have done the same thing*** ]

Dabo would NOT have called 2 timeouts in a game that was already decided. No way.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think it's more dangerous than classless

lose a star for a meaningless td is not a wise move
try and play hard as hell withe backups

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We had starters in trying to stop it

Sep 8, 2019, 9:43 PM

Would've been even worse had one of them gotten injured there.

Re: We had starters in trying to stop it

Sep 9, 2019, 7:27 AM

I didn’t verify the lineup but Dabo said postgame that the backups were in on that TAMU TD.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

almost all starters on the last play and last few plays at

Sep 9, 2019, 7:45 AM

least- more subs earlier in the drive. I think Spector was in not sure who else back-up wise. Not sure who had TE responsibility either. It was a blown assignment by someone as 3 or 4 guys blitzed and 1 guy as supposed to stay with the TE. Only the coaches and players would know who that is based on the call.

Nah, I would always want my team to try and score when down

Sep 8, 2019, 9:39 PM

Nothing wrong with it

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s our job to stop them. Can’t blame them

Sep 8, 2019, 9:40 PM

for continuing to play and get in the end zone although I will admit I’d have loved it if we could have stopped them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It gave BV some good game film

Sep 8, 2019, 9:42 PM

For his guys to study on their goal line defense
Thanks Jimbo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

It was pretty pathetic but it wasn't classless in any way

If you recall we attempted to do the exact same thing at the end of the Sugar bowl when we were trailing Bama by a similar 24-6 margin. We got stopped though.

Re: It was pretty pathetic but it wasn't classless in any way

Sep 9, 2019, 12:30 AM

Exactly. Up to us to stop them.

a field goal would've been classless.. I don't mind the TD***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Completely disagree. I would want Clemson to score if it was reversed.***

Sep 8, 2019, 9:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please explain why it's "classless"! Why would a team ever

Sep 8, 2019, 9:44 PM

stop trying to score?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only if you have a big lead should you take

Sep 8, 2019, 9:58 PM

Your foot off the gas. There are a limited number of practice reps. If your team is down they should be trying to score, I don’t care how bad the score is.

What kind of leader of men would you be if you taught your team to give up?

Re: No way around it - last second TD was classless

Sep 8, 2019, 9:45 PM

We did the exact same thing to Jimbo in 2013 and I had 2 FSU fans sitting behind me in the stands complaining that Dabo was classless. To me it shows your team you don’t quit unit the clock runs out. Anyway GO TIGERS!!!

Sep 9, 2019, 7:53 AM

This ^

You don't give up - ever. If you are down, you keep on fighting.

Now, if you are up and can burn the clock, that is when you can take a knee. See 44-16

Sep 9, 2019, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: No way around it - last second TD was classless ]

This ^

You don't give up - ever. If you are down, you keep on fighting.

Now, if you are up and can burn the clock, that is when you can take a knee. See 44-16

Sep 8, 2019, 9:49 PM

Hey I'm disappointed that the 20+ point win margin streak ended too. Classless is a reach. We should've just stopped them and I'm sure CBV would agree too.

Sep 8, 2019, 9:53 PM

That's why You play the game, to
score, especially on someone like Jimbo !

Sep 8, 2019, 9:51 PM

Their last drive was all about trying to improve and get ready for the rest of the season. Period.
It was a statement they wanted to send to themselves.

You play until the clock says 00:00...

Sep 8, 2019, 9:56 PM

It was Clemson's job to stop them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 8, 2019, 9:59 PM

You never played competitive sports did you? It was our job as a defense to stop them and we didn't. Also, was Dabo classless for going for it on 4th & goal down by 17 in the last minute in the sugar bowl?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

so Jimbo should of had them do the "defeated" formation?

Sep 8, 2019, 10:07 PM

and take a knee?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People should know when they’re conquered.***

Sep 8, 2019, 10:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Go back and watch them running as much clock as possible

Sep 9, 2019, 9:54 AM [ in reply to so Jimbo should of had them do the "defeated" formation? ]

... until they got a couple of good plays against the reserves that put them in scoring position.

They were just happy to run the clock out when they were on their own side of mid-field.

Then Jimbo started calling time outs.

Why wasn’t he running “hurry up” and trying to score earlier?

Maybe he scores and gets the onside kick. Could have really made the game look close!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let$ ju$t $ay it wa$ a very important $core...

Sep 8, 2019, 10:13 PM

for $ome people. ;)

Sep 8, 2019, 10:36 PM

eh . he needed something to come away with as a positive for the game. Something to build on.

Sep 8, 2019, 10:41 PM

I have no problem with it.

Sep 8, 2019, 10:40 PM

Here's the way this game works - they try to score, we try to stop them. We try to score, they try to stop us.

Nothing classless about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Classless like the injuries to slow us down.***

Sep 8, 2019, 10:48 PM

Sep 9, 2019, 12:50 AM

Who cares? We won and it was meaningless. I am glad they tried that play. We didnt defend it well and now we have something to work on. Worked ou% fine for the long haul. I see nothing wrong with them trying to score. We had the option to stop them.and we couldn't. Oh well.

Sep 9, 2019, 1:21 AM

I agree. I thought it was tacky. Fisher wasn't even trying to win the game, otherwise he would have onside kicked afterwards. I'm not sure what the point was. I do know that Fisher should be thankful that he won't see Dabo's team again for a while, because Dabo has a long memory for stuff like that.

Onside kick?

Sep 9, 2019, 9:49 AM

Down 14 with 6 seconds left? OK that might have been classless.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 1:56 AM

No / I disagree .... why would you not try to score until game ending whistle ?? Don’t understand your logic ????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

I’m sorry...

Sep 9, 2019, 7:12 AM

What?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I’m sorry...

Sep 9, 2019, 7:51 AM

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 9:35 PM

Jimbo, the Aggies, the media can TRY to label A&M's last-second trash TD a "way to practice for crucial situations in later games" - but that really wasn't it. It was a typical Jimbo Fisher classless move.

All the trash talking, swagger & guaranteed win claims from the players - that all eminates from the HC - & it's indicative of Jimbo's gutter style of coaching.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was awesome but stupid. the media is right

Sep 9, 2019, 7:40 AM

It gave clemson's 2nd string defense real time practice in crucial situations. awesome

If you want to really practice.. why not go for 2? Stupid

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Was awesome but stupid. the media is right

Sep 9, 2019, 7:53 AM

We had a bunch of starters in there. Mainly starters actually.

Worst take ever.***

Sep 9, 2019, 7:48 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Sep 9, 2019, 8:04 AM

So it's ok for us to still have Lawrence in the game and throwing the ball deep while up 21 and less than 6 minutes to go, but it's classless for A&M to try and score on the very next series?

Sep 9, 2019, 8:07 AM

Don’t have a problem with it but was curious why they went so slow at the beginning of the last drive. They were absolutely in no hurry. I thought they would have at least tried to score quickly. I guess Jimbo knew the results were sealed and just wanted to work on the QB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 8:43 AM

I didn't like the fact that they scored but not because they tried. I was just hoping for a stop. I think TAM scoring that last TD was great motivation for this week. BV will have extra stuff to work on that will make a positive impact in the weeks to come. I expect the defense to be motivated this week in NY.
I didn't think it was classless at all. Go Tigers!

Sep 9, 2019, 9:40 AM

How was it classless? It was a big play for vegas and gamblers as well. I thought it was cool to watch our D still trying to hold and A&M not giving up even when the game was over. Maybe Jimbo had some friends who had money on the spread lol.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic