Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Google Censorship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Google Censorship

Jan 17, 2021, 6:38 PM
DuckDuck.png(482.0 K)
Google.png(303.5 K)

I will sometimes watch Tucker Carlson and search out news stories in real time as he presents them. I’ve also been recently searching for information related to the 6 Jan Trump Rally. I got the feeling something was not right in the Google searches, so I did some comparisons. Indeed, I believe something is going on behind the scenes at Google and they are censoring conservative-favorable news.

Here is an example.

Search “harvard petition to strip degrees” in Google and DuckDuckGo.com.

Both searches return the same Yahoo news link first. That’s when the similarities end.

Google’s next three hits are not related to the story. The next (5th) hit is, but it is a repeat of Yahoo news which is a link to a Fox News article. The 6th hit is not related, but the 7th is a related FoxNews YouTube video. Google does not return a FoxNews.com hit.

First page Google summary: Four hits on what I want, two are duplicates, out of seven hits total.

DuckDuckGo returns 10 hits on the first page, all of them related to the story and all of them unique. The FoxNews.com story is the 3rd hit. The FoxNews video Google also found is 5th.

Service----------Correct------Total
Google--------------4------------7
DuckDuckGo-----10-----------10

Google is the most dominant and capable search engine, isn’t it? That is my impression. If it is, these results, and others I have seen, tell me it is very likely Google is hiding/not finding stories favorable to conservatives (or not favorable to liberals). This also tells me it is very likely (as I suspected) Google was doing this BEFORE the election.
-------------------------

So, regarding the Harvard petition. Maybe it's no big deal and a few nut cases signed it. Or maybe several thousand have signed it. If that is the case, then Harvard should come out and flatly reject that line of thinking saying the graduates earned their degree and it is theirs for life.

Attempting to revoke a degree is over-the-top out of line to say the least.

For the few dumba$$es that started the petition I ask how stupid, inexperienced, naive, ignorant, and all the other words I can't think of, they are? Are they fringe or mainstream libs?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I appreciate those who engage in this, but it's a losing

Jan 17, 2021, 7:27 PM

battle, I think. Whether truth is external to mankind, and is there for all to discern, individually and equally, or whether it is internal to mankind, ideological, and societally determined, has been an ebb and flow through history. The former view reins in brief moments, inevitably overtaken by the latter. Human history is one more of tyranny than freedom.

We have been living in one of the few eras where the former definition of truth and the individual was the norm: we were actually founded on it. "We hold these truths...". That has been under attack for a while, and the latter definition is now replacing the former in US culture. You are commenting on just one example of it.

In my opinion, it won't be turned around. It is not a battle worth fighting. The consequences of the switch are coming. The issue is how to live in it, not how to stop it, I think.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I appreciate those who engage in this, but it's a losing

Jan 17, 2021, 7:40 PM

Postmodernism.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

confirmation bias

Jan 17, 2021, 8:44 PM

Everyone gets their 'information' from google, apple, facebook, twitter or a company related. Basically they get their biases confirmed and move on.

Nobody realizes how manipulated they are every day. It's an old story, just new technology.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Fox News story was the third link from Google.

Jan 18, 2021, 6:10 AM

4th onward is all about the story too.

MSN article, change.org petition, and a story from Law Enforcement Today... Whatever that is.

Only thing I see different are the sources.

They seem to have left off the daily caller, usanews.com, legalinsurrection.com, and jonathantourley.com, lacortenews.com, etc.

But the most glaring omission was chicksonright.com

When everyone's a journalist no ones a journalist.

You ought to see the horrific censorship they employ to keep #### from search results.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fox News story was the third link from Google.

Jan 18, 2021, 8:58 AM
Google2.png(320.6 K)

No, the change.org is about Harvard Extension School and is totally different. The next to last hit is obviously something different about clearing cache from a harvard website.

But, should have done this (attached) to begin with. Google gets 4/9 not 4/7.

Bury your head in the sand, but this is a simple but bona fide analysis. I would imagine one could do this all day long and collect 100 examples, but, alas, you libs can't hear it if it is not in your echo chamber.

Re: Fox News story was the third link from Google.

Jan 18, 2021, 10:57 AM

Tiggity is a lib now? We need an official list of the few remaining non-libs at this point.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You libs?

Jan 18, 2021, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Fox News story was the third link from Google. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like s poor search...

Jan 18, 2021, 6:48 AM

I wouldn't use "strip" because it's too specific.

Better would be "Havard petition"...first news return is a Fox 5 New York story.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, no, no, let Mr. PhD NC_Tiger_ show you how two

Jan 18, 2021, 8:02 AM

different search engines don't produce the exact same results as if it's some point he's making.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: No, no, no, let Mr. PhD NC_Tiger_ show you how two

Jan 18, 2021, 8:25 AM

I think NC has asked a reasonable question, but it would take tons of methodical research to give us an accurate picture of whether he is actually onto something here - would be interesting to see.

Re: No, no, no, let Mr. PhD NC_Tiger_ show you how two

Jan 18, 2021, 8:59 AM [ in reply to No, no, no, let Mr. PhD NC_Tiger_ show you how two ]

What an ignorant remark. Totally revealing your complete inability to be objective.

Yeah, you're the beacon of objectivity.***

Jan 18, 2021, 9:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Google Censorship

Jan 18, 2021, 8:27 AM

My sincerest hope is that with Trump gone the grievance politics and constant victimhood of conservatives will ease up a little.

Jan 18, 2021, 9:11 AM

So the echo chamber is telling you "everything" you are seeing today is related to Trump grievance? Wow, totally off base. What was our problem before Trump?

You people can only think 140 characters deep - it is clear to those that can think critically.

You are caught up in what history will equate to a 1960s hippy movement. All the hippies knew everyone else was fcked up. Old ways should be forgotten and everyone should get groovy with the love scene. How'd that go?

What's your reason for living in the echo chamber?

a) you have no backbone and are guilt-ridden because the echo chamber tells you that you should be guilty,
b) you have such low self-esteem you need to belong to a superior group that uniformly looks down on others to build themselves up,
c) you are a miserable failure in life and need to keep your mind off your list of failures and on the (made up) failures of others,
d) you have no technical concept of how anything works and believe the world will end in 10 years if we all don't drive electric cars and eliminate jets from using fossil fuels
e) ignorant of the fact that most of the chit you support will actually do the opposite of what you want

Jan 18, 2021, 9:14 AM

I honestly have no clue what you’re talking about

Just did your same search

Jan 18, 2021, 10:39 AM

You neglected to mention that those "incorrect" links were actually links to Harvard sites discussing degrees, courses, and how to petition for changes.

So Google is just more accurate. If you add Fox News to your search, the video comes up immediately. Google censored nothing.

DuckDuckGo isn't a real search engine, and Tucker Carlson isn't a source of information.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic