Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The NCAA can’t afford to lose the California schools...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

The NCAA can’t afford to lose the California schools...

Oct 1, 2019, 6:01 AM

Just imagine how much different the CF playoff landscape would have looked the past few years without them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I worry about college basketball too. I mean

Oct 1, 2019, 6:06 AM

what will they do without UCLA? They've been a staple since the 70's. What a void!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I worry about college basketball too. I mean- Is that

Oct 1, 2019, 7:37 AM

because Staples Center is in LA?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The NCAA can’t afford to lose the California schools...

Oct 1, 2019, 6:36 AM

I'm not sure how reliable this I do is bc I'm basically retarded when it comes to legal semantics in this particular area but it was explained to me that bc of state antitrust laws Cali and other states that join the movement can sue the NCAA if they attempt to exclude them and the chances of the NCAA winning in court are slim.

Again, no idea exactly how much truth there is to that. Just how it was explained to me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2019, 6:38 AM

*info

That makes no sense to me.

Oct 1, 2019, 6:49 AM [ in reply to Re: The NCAA can’t afford to lose the California schools... ]

And since we are talking about the law, that means it is probably true.

But seriously, how could California sue for exclusion from an organization after they create a law that demands that the schools in their state do not follow the rules of the organization?

null

Re: That makes no sense to me.

Oct 1, 2019, 7:17 AM

Honestly I think the entire premise and goal behind this movement is forcing the NCAA's hand on their stance regarding pay for play and allowing monetary gain for use of likeness, etc. If enough states join in, the NCAA will really have little choice unless they want to lose a substantial amount of money.

Re: That makes no sense to me.

Oct 2, 2019, 4:28 AM [ in reply to That makes no sense to me. ]

That is the good ole boy American way any where politics are concerned for the rights of the people;)????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please do not use the r-word. Thanks.***

Oct 1, 2019, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: The NCAA can’t afford to lose the California schools... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Please do not use the r-word. Thanks.***

Oct 1, 2019, 10:40 AM

It’s a perfectly good English word snowflake.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, in that context it is not a perfectly good English

Oct 1, 2019, 11:33 AM

word. I am not one of them, but there are posters on this board who have children that face all types of challenges. Out of respect to those posters and their amazing children, it is not a word that should be used.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: No, in that context it is not a perfectly good English

Oct 1, 2019, 12:04 PM

My sincerest apologies. I'm used to posting on the SECrant, which I'm sure some of you are familiar with, and we're degenerates over there. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

SECrant can be so trashy.

Oct 2, 2019, 11:10 AM

signed, EducationOnYourOwnTime®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

The irony is palpable***

Oct 23, 2019, 1:55 PM [ in reply to No, in that context it is not a perfectly good English ]

You were on top of this one for sure***

Oct 23, 2019, 2:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

This thread is 3 weeks old

Oct 23, 2019, 2:26 PM [ in reply to The irony is palpable*** ]

what did you do, look through GWP's history or do you have him on auto alert?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Dude, come on. We've already covered the fact that we can't

Oct 23, 2019, 2:36 PM [ in reply to The irony is palpable*** ]

win with you. You asked us to start using the word "Baptist" instead, so we did. And yet you still complain.

Re: The irony is palpable***

Oct 23, 2019, 2:45 PM [ in reply to The irony is palpable*** ]

Glad to see our hall monitor has made a reappearance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

"reliable"?***

Oct 2, 2019, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Please do not use the r-word. Thanks.*** ]

Oct 1, 2019, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: The NCAA can’t afford to lose the California schools... ]

I am not a lawyer either but you need to define their opinion better. The NCAA very likely could lose an antitrust case but that doesn't mean a state gets to shove their law down the NCAA's throat. The NFL lost an antitrust lawsuit and I think paid a dollar. California's law attempts to regulate interstate commerce which is delegated to the Federal government. In my uneducated opinion South Carolina has as much chance at dictating rules for Google a making it stand.

Oct 2, 2019, 6:53 AM [ in reply to Re: The NCAA can’t afford to lose the California schools... ]

I truly do not know the specifics, but the major league associations such as NFL enjoy a federally sanctioned monopoly. if this is accurate for NCAA it will make things more difficult for Cali. OTH,if several states join in the NCAAs. legitimacy is clearly challenged.

Oct 2, 2019, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: The NCAA can’t afford to lose the California schools... ]

Sarcasm meter on?? FM was rolling in sarcasm. Re-read the OP, re-think your response, and come back. :)

JK - We see your point.

It’s a shame that Southern Cal will no longer be wasting a spot in the preseason polls.***

Oct 1, 2019, 6:54 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2019, 7:03 AM

https://youtu.be/Sb5aq5HcS1A

Message was edited by: tigernation2000

Oct 1, 2019, 7:32 AM

Yet another californication from/by the land of fruits and nuts!

Mes Culpa FM, I am probably not supposed to use the term fruits, am I? Hope I haven’t disgraced or tarnished you’re post - but sometimes I just can’t help myself. . . sigh

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Oct 1, 2019, 7:35 AM

One of the main things wrong with T-Net these days is all of the self professed comedians that are not funny, just silly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Oct 1, 2019, 10:03 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Oct 1, 2019, 10:17 AM

I really enjoy this site and most of the posters....

Are(or at least appear to be) great Tiger fans. They are always reasonable and even tolerant of the occasional negative rant by others. There are a few that try to be comedians in every post and some humor at the right time is great. Some posters have obviously not lived as long as some others of us and have a sense of urgent impatience about our team. The posters I don’t understand are the ones that read a differing opinion or concern and their automatic default response is “ you’re a Coot Troll.” Maybe I’m naive or just lack a penchant for paranoia but reasonable people can get upset, make rash statements, complained about and nit-pick every play called and still be a Tiger fan. Maybe immature and impatient but still a Tiger. At least, as far as I’m concerned, that’s exactly why this and other fan forums exist to vent, celebrate, whatever. I guess my demeanor and makeup, past stressors and life in general have seasoned me to ignore rash posts. I am more apt to shut down by seeing and reading the constant but I assume well meaning, drivel posted multiple times daily about the weather, what’s for supper or whatever on TV by people who have 30,000 + Thumbs up and a pulse of 110%. They seem to just be posting for the sake of posting. Maybe they’re just bored. Regardless, I try to respect every bodies opinion, even with those I don’t agree. I’ve been a complainer and criticized this team in the past but I’ve mellowed. Maybe some others might mellow as well. Just my Bye Week musings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Coot!***

Oct 2, 2019, 7:51 AM

Oct 2, 2019, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: The NCAA can’t afford to lose the California schools... ]

+ 1 for "every bodies" - "I try to respect every bodies opinion,"

Re: The NCAA can’t afford to KEEP the California schools...***

Oct 1, 2019, 9:55 AM

California hates itself so much.***

Oct 1, 2019, 9:56 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cali: bans straws and coffee cups and plastic bags

Oct 1, 2019, 10:48 AM

and potato chip bags and lampshades because they might cause cancer or pollution, but thousands upon thousands of people living and pooping on the sidewalks: nah, we're cool with that.

The World's leader in nonsensical priorities.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

California would be much better off if it became

Oct 1, 2019, 10:28 AM

a part of Canada. They already border one another, so this should not be hard. I think it is win win. They could pay their players, and people on this board would stop complaining about that state.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm pretty sure Idaho is between Canada and California...

Oct 1, 2019, 10:30 AM

idiot.

Re: I'm pretty sure Idaho is between Canada and California...

Oct 1, 2019, 11:17 AM

Exactly! Besides, it would be much more favorable for Cali to join there Southern neighbors-Honduras, Guatamala, and El Savadore.

Oct 2, 2019, 6:48 AM [ in reply to I'm pretty sure Idaho is between Canada and California... ]

oh snap

Oct 2, 2019, 11:01 AM [ in reply to I'm pretty sure Idaho is between Canada and California... ]

Try Washington and Oregon. Evidently you failed Geography or slept through that class.

Oct 2, 2019, 11:15 AM

Oct 2, 2019, 12:34 PM [ in reply to I'm pretty sure Idaho is between Canada and California... ]

DUH!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2019, 12:09 PM [ in reply to I'm pretty sure Idaho is between Canada and California... ]

Really? I hope your joking. California, Oregon, Washington ---- Canada....

Re: California would be much better off if it became

Oct 1, 2019, 10:39 AM [ in reply to California would be much better off if it became ]

Can we at least keep Las Vegas out of the deal, best part of California.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: California would be much better off if it became

Oct 1, 2019, 10:54 AM

You need to brush up on geology!

Oct 2, 2019, 3:14 AM

I saw on the news today that the SC law makers are talking about doing something on the same bases of what Cali is attempting to do, for here in SC. That would mean that Us and the coots would be suspended or kicked out of all NCAA competition. City, State, or Federal government don't belong in college sports, or making up the rules as they go in college sports. I mean all 3 governments already have everything in our country screwed up, and now they are wanting to screw up college sports only to work their way into the cash to help pay for the already illegal activities they have their cruddy little hands in. History will always repeat itself in some fashion, and leadership in government isn't that much different than the King or Queen leadership, it's all about getting the riches earned from the backs of the people they lead, and it all leads to the coffers of the leaders in the form of we got to have it, even if that means they will take it with whatever means necessary!!!!!

Oct 2, 2019, 12:03 PM

It won't matter much anyway, when Trump gets thru building the Mexican wall, he plans to include extending the wall to include Mexifornia. Then we can get back to MAGA.

Why do you think they want to play their players!?

Oct 2, 2019, 12:37 PM

They'll have "player placement" in every movie made.

Oct 2, 2019, 6:21 PM

It would look just fine... they can have their own league where everyone gets paid huge $$$ and celebrities buy their kids not just into the schools but onto the field.... they are killing the goose that lays golden eggs....

Oct 2, 2019, 6:36 PM

I grew up in California before I moved to SC, believe me California effin' blows & it has only gotten progressively worse, that place is an effin' cesspool, kick them out, if they are just playing with themselves, no one else will give a ####, the ratings suck for most Pac 12 match-ups anyway, and Gavin Newsome can go eat a #### anyway

I fully expect those libtards to collude the Pac 12 into

Oct 3, 2019, 9:13 AM

having an undefeated conference champion this year, just so they can cry "West Coast Discrimination!" when they get left out of the playoffs again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic