Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No flame but UGA has beaten Clemson 6/7 and last game by 4 TDs...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

No flame but UGA has beaten Clemson 6/7 and last game by 4 TDs...

Jan 19, 2021, 2:00 PM

That is not a flame. Just facts.

Do you think it is a mental block with Georgia?

Or, is it comparing apples to oranges - different time?

Personally, I think Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State sit alone at the top.

Georgia is in that 2nd tier trying to get in. Yes, the road for UGA is much tougher as evidenced by how LSU beat UGA last year and then blew out Oklahoma and then blew out Clemson.

Then, this year Ohio State did what they did and then Alabama destroyed Ohio State.

Not a fan of folks using tougher schedule, etc., etc. The hardware says Alabama, Ohio State, and Clemson sit alone at the top.

But, how Georgia has handled Clemson through the years does beg the original question and just being honest..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only relevant game is the next one***

Jan 19, 2021, 2:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only relevant game is the next one***

Jan 19, 2021, 2:24 PM

you are correct.however,i prefer to look at the CU/ga relationship from this perspective:CU 3-ga 1,and that 1 was 41 yrs. ago.in this day and age ga football is pretty much irrelevant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

It's hard to believe, but UGA may have actually lost by...

Jan 19, 2021, 2:05 PM

winning the Amarius Mims bidding war.

https://www.radio.com/929thegame/sports/georgia-bulldogs/uga-signee-amarius-mims-mentioned-in-recruiting-violations

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

UGA gave him TWO bags? ?? ?? ***

Jan 19, 2021, 2:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: It's hard to believe, but UGA may have actually lost by...

Jan 19, 2021, 9:27 PM [ in reply to It's hard to believe, but UGA may have actually lost by... ]

Remember how many recruits that liked Clemson & had planned visits but didn’t show at the last minute & then committed to the puppies.... we all knew what was happening but we stayed classy about it.

Now that it’s out a stop should be put to it. Cheating isn’t working for the pups because the coach isn’t too Smart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Oh yes there's definitely a mental block with Georgia***

Jan 19, 2021, 2:05 PM

Re: No flame but UGA has beaten Clemson 6/7 and last game by 4 TDs...

Jan 19, 2021, 2:06 PM

To find 7 games you would have to go back about 25 years right?

When considering current programs I think looking at the only 2 games in the last 10 years is more appropriate.

Each team won their home game.

I'm not sure any Clemson or UGA player even remembers the game before that when the two teams faced off.

Jan 20, 2021, 1:56 PM

True! I was married to me ex at the time we got beat and I attended the game with her in Athens. We went our separate ways about 20 years ago. She was a GA fan. Yea she was cheating just like they are.

Your current win streak stands at 1. Wow. ***

Jan 19, 2021, 2:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 19, 2021, 2:09 PM

You can pick many facts which bolster your narrative. If your assertion is correct, I'd bet that UGa was better than Clemson 6 of the last 7 years that they played against each other.

However, the bottom line is that Clemson is 2 and 2 the last five years against Bama (undisputed king of the SEC) with two close games and a blowout a piece for each team.

We look forward to seeing you this September.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The schools haven't played in seven years.

Jan 19, 2021, 2:12 PM

That last meeting was year three of Dabo's tenure when he was still building the program.

In 2019 UGa lost at home as a 30 point favorite to a terrible uof6C team. Clemson beat that same uof6c team by 35. Does that mean Clemson would have beaten Georgia by 35+?

Football isn't transitive. What happened last year or last week has no bearing on future games particularly a game that won't be played for another seven months or so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The schools haven't played in seven years.

Jan 19, 2021, 2:16 PM

you make the mistake of applying logic to your thought.translates:using your head and not your heart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 19, 2021, 2:12 PM

You probably won't get very many serious answers here, but I think the answer to your question is mostly that Clemson simply wasn't very good in most of those years. Clemson actually had a pretty solid team in the most recent meeting with a great defense, but was in a transition period at QB with Stoudt making the start, and a ton of freshman playing around him on offense.

Had that game been played later in the season after Watson took over then it may very well have ended in favor of Clemson, and certainly not resulted in a 24 point Clemson loss. The game was 21-21 at the half, and 24-21 going into the 4th even as it were.

I'd also argue that had Clemson and Georgia played in each of the past 6 years since then that Clemson may very well be 6-0, or at least 5-1 during that time. I say 5-1 as I'm giving Georgia a chance in 2017 when Bryant was starting. I actually think the 2017 may have been the opposite of what I said about the 2014 meeting. I think Clemson may have won the game had it been played early in the season, but Georgia may very well have won later in the year when their offense was playing much better.

Well stated reply

Jan 19, 2021, 2:14 PM

Can’t argue with you.

In 2017 I would say UGA better.

All the other years things point to Clemson

Re: Well stated reply

Jan 19, 2021, 2:19 PM

I actually remember thinking Clemson would beat Georgia if they played going into the CFP in 2017, but no longer felt that way after Georgia played Oklahoma and Alabama. Clemson was just too limited on offense to put up enough points against either Alabama or Georgia that year. I thought going into the CFP that Georgia wasn't impressive on offense either, but they were playing much better on offense at that point.

Jan 19, 2021, 2:15 PM

No mental block. uga had better teams in those match-ups, just not now. Anyway I hear the planning committee for UGA50 is taking shape, a rafting trip celebration down the chattahoochie with Buck B leading the way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's about to be pretty bad for UGA

Jan 19, 2021, 2:28 PM

if half of the recruiting violation stuff is true. Have fun with those sanctions.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would its a mental block for sure with the current Clemson

Jan 19, 2021, 2:32 PM

players. they all recall the 3rd loss in a row back in 95 when Goff and West were calling the shots. We had every chance to win the game and couldn't pull it out. I know the game has changed quite a bit from that time but Dabo was a fresh college grad and first time coach in 95 and pretty much all of our players parents weren't even married or together at the time, but you have to think they've passed the stories down through the years.

I just hope DJU is better then Nealon Greene or we are in for it. For the record, DJU was probably in 5th grade the last time we played.

Here's a hot take, Dooley used the excuse of a tougher SEC schedule to drop the Clemson game and avoid finishing his career with a losing record to Danny Ford.

Jan 19, 2021, 2:39 PM

It's enjoyable to see how many times UGA fans want to go farther back than at least one of our team's current coaches. Dabo is still 1-1 vs UGA. Kirby is 0-0 vs Clemson. It's as simple as that...everything else is definitely different times, different coaching, different recruiting.

Jan 19, 2021, 2:51 PM

The SEC is down right now and as weak as its been in years. Georgia only has to get by Bama.

Florida only beat 1 team with a winning record and that was your dawgs!

Texas A&M only beat 3 teams with a winning record, Florida, Auburn (which lost to USC and fired their coach) and UNC in a meaningless bowl game with most of their best players opting out. They barely beat Vandy 17-14.

Trask is terrible without his NFL receivers and the scouts don’t see him as anything other than an above average backup or mediocre starter. Fields looked terrible without Olave. Scouts see these things which is why the love Trevor because he had a sub par OL and was missing his top 4 receivers all year.

So the truth is the SEC is Bama and everybody else because Florida and A&M look good on paper but are not very good and Georgia couldn’t get by them. As hard as it is to think the truth is Kirby improved a program already loaded with talent in a down SEC but is underachieving worse than Richt!

Jan 19, 2021, 3:22 PM

What about that Clemson streak from 1900 - 1906?

Thoughts? It’s an equally relevant question...

Honestly you know the answer to the question ..
Clemson was good during the Ford years and went through a real lull after that...

That has nothing to do with the current state of Clemson football....

Jan 20, 2021, 7:06 AM [ in reply to Re: No flame but UGA has beaten Clemson 6/7 and last game by 4 TDs... ]

Compare the SEC's bowl record with the ACC's then lets talk about who is "down." You can dismiss SEC teams all you want but you'll always come back to the sad reality that outside of Clemson the ACC is garbage. Worry not, Clemson is back in the playoff next year, even after the loss to UGA.

Jan 20, 2021, 3:04 PM

You mad bro? I know the truth hurts, but it is what it is!

Also, you would be factually incorrect. Over the last 5 and 10 years The ACC has been second only to the SEC in terms of bowl wins. Yes, the ACC was bad this year, but as many experts have pointed out the bowl season this year was totally meaningless because of how many kids opted out due to Covid. But, that’s only part of the problem. The year before we saw a lot of kids opting out to get ready for the NFL. The reality is bowl games have become totally meaningless and the main reason coaches like them is to get a jumpstart on next season.

There are more bowl games than teams with winning records. Going to a bowl today means absolutely nothing.

Over the last 10 years the ACC has had better coaching and better quarterbacks.

And over the last 10 years the ACC has in many years been second only to the SEC in terms of draft picks.

But at the end of the day only your team matters! Georgia is not a better team if Alabama wins the national championship. And it doesn’t matter how bad the ACC is it doesn’t change the fact that the SEC sucks except for Alabama. In 2020 Texas A&M and Florida combined had three regular season wins against teams with a winning record. That doesn’t have Jack to do with the ACC! And if Georgia can’t get past Florida and Texas A&M they have no chance against Alabama. So getting mad at me and attacking me and the ACC doesn’t solve your problem now does it?

Jan 20, 2021, 4:51 PM

Am I mad? No, are you? As for the SEC, Bama is king. Same is true for Clemson in the ACC. UGA, Florida, and Texas A&M are better than everyone in the ACC not named Clemson. Funny, "only your team matters" goes completely out the window here when its convenient. If the SEC has gone 0-6 in bowl games, that's all you'd read about here.

Jan 19, 2021, 3:22 PM

It is interesting considering Clemson won 3 National Championships since Georgia won one.
Why did UGA stop playing Clemson every year 25 years ago? Guess it's a good thing they did. Improved your record for sure.

Just the Facts! No Flame.

Jan 19, 2021, 3:30 PM

The last time Clemson played Bama they won by 4 scores...

The last time UGA beat Bama was 2007...

Thoughts?

This is a fun game ...

Got any more ?

Jan 20, 2021, 11:47 AM

The last game Georgia played they beat a top 10 Team. The last team Clemson played was outside the top 10 (per your coach) and boat raced the Tigers by 3tds. This is fun. Your turn.

Jan 20, 2021, 11:56 AM

Clemson beat two top 10 teams this year, and neither were over a non P5 team.

Jan 20, 2021, 12:01 PM

True, but they were still embarrassed by the #11 team in the country.

Jan 20, 2021, 2:04 PM

If the Cinn QB or coach had a clue about time management when winning with less than 2 minutes left, GA would have lost to a lowly GO5 school. No excuse for that loss. Makes me wonder if Cinn picked up a McDonald’s bag on the sideline.

Dude. We've won two NCs since we last played.

Jan 19, 2021, 3:37 PM

I don't know what accounts for the Clemson UGA record. I do know that it doesn't matter.

If Foster comes back healthy, you could say that Clemson is bringing back 12 of its starting 11 on defense. And then 10 of it's 11 2nd stringers. Starting the season with that level of maturity and experience, and familiarity with the defense, is going to be tough for Georgia in the season opener.

Don't get me wrong, I expect it will be a battle. I just like what Clemson is bringing to the table.

null

Jan 19, 2021, 3:43 PM

228 days!

Jan 19, 2021, 4:02 PM

How is losing to a bad LSU team evidence of a tougher road to the top?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So using your math, 7x4=24?***

Jan 19, 2021, 4:16 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

conviently left out 90, 87, 86 which were clemson wins so

Jan 19, 2021, 4:22 PM

4-6 or 40% winning percentage in last ten games. UGA typically has had better and deeper roster until Dabo era. We have played twice during the Dabo era and are 50% I think that is more indicative of where the two programs are today. Wish we played it every year. And what up with you guys ever losing to the coots?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And yet we have far more respect for Vanderbilt***

Jan 19, 2021, 5:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2021, 5:21 PM

Since 2014, we all know the comparison (number of CFP appearances, number of Nattys, etc.) but the biggest factor for me is the UGA and Clemson records against Uof6C. Enough said. Go Tigers!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No flame but..... 1980...***

Jan 19, 2021, 5:50 PM

8 Presidents ago.

Jan 20, 2021, 3:52 PM

And the President was from Georgia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Georgia is lucky we haven't played since 2014.

Jan 19, 2021, 5:54 PM

2017 is the only year in the last 6 that Georgia likely had the better team.

u stopped playing us at the right time***

Jan 19, 2021, 9:15 PM

Jan 19, 2021, 9:36 PM

Because Georgia discontinued the series with Clemson, we haven’t played much recently. You statistic is really meaningless because non of the current players have played Georgia. No mental block.

In the last ten years, Clemson would have won most of the games. However, Georgia has historically dominated the series.

I miss the series. The rivalry in the 80s was intense. Lots of great memories and heartbreaks.

There is no reason these two schools, 60 miles apart, should play every year. I miss it.

Bulldog

Jan 19, 2021, 9:53 PM

My take is it's primarily recruiting (player character and commitment more than skill sets) and coaching (authenticity and offering a different approach).

Kirby is Nick Jr. But if players want the real Nick (college football is NFL prep and a business), he is still available, and they can play for Bama. That's who Nick is. Dabo is #2 to Nick in championships due to authenticity and offering a different brand. Some players and families want a different brand that offers individuality, becoming a man, willingness to express faith, team above player, and pursuit of championships. Athens is 1st class, but Kirby is offering Nick Lite. He's been timidly conservative in some big games, and he's made very questionable calls at the QB position based upon his love for Jake Fromm.

That's my take living in GA and married to a beautiful Dawg.

Prepare to be spayed... Clutch'em tight til then.***

Jan 19, 2021, 9:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Sh it Dawg, can you tell me what Clemson did

Jan 19, 2021, 11:24 PM

over the next 6 years following your win over us in 2014?

I'll help you out.

Clemson went on to participate in 6 CFP. Winning 2 National Championships.Bringing our total up to 3 National Championships.

What is UGA best known for in that same time span? A "Fake Punt" that NO ONE believed was a fake.LOLOLOLO....*breaths*...LMFAO!!!

What's the record in the last 6 years?

Jan 19, 2021, 11:37 PM

While Clemson has been in the CFP every year? Just wondering.

Jan 20, 2021, 1:03 AM

Cough Cough. I'm sorry. You say something? I was to busy admiring these. I think the shine is blinding my eyes..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2021, 10:34 AM

You will likely have to tell him what those are. They looked different 40 years ago...

"FACTS"

Jan 20, 2021, 4:02 PM

In the last 10 years, Clemson has won 121 games. UGA has won 102... Good, but obviously not on Clemson's level.

In the last 10 years, Clemson is the 2nd winningest program in America. UGA is 7th. UGA is good, but obviously not on Clemson's level.

Clemson lost 18 games in 10 years. UGA has lost 31. UGA has more than 3x as many losses.

Clemson played in 6 of 7 playoffs. UGA has played for 1 of 7. UGA is not even in the same ballpark.

Clemson has played for 4 of 7 CFP National Championships. UGA has played in 1 of 7. Again, not remotely close.

Clemson has won 2 national championships in the last 10 years. UGA has not won a championship in 40 years.

Clemson has advanced to every CFP championship except 3 in the last 7 years.

In the last 10 years, UGA not been on Clemson's level. We've beaten the best in your conference, and you have not. You've rarely been the best in your division let alone your conference or country.

Deep down you know you'd have a highly imbalanced losing record to us if we played more than twice in these last 10 years. The problem is, you haven't been good enough to advance to a level to even be given the opportunity to play us.

It's never too early to start you're baseless barking, but deep down you know what's coming on September 4th in Charlotte.

Jan 20, 2021, 4:33 PM

Bulldog is correct.

And the Dawgs have lost 7 in a row to Bama. And the Dawgs lost to South Carolina a short 2 seasons ago.

I understand Georgia won a Natty back in the last century.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic