Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Top Three respected Gamecock players.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Top Three respected Gamecock players.....

Jul 14, 2018, 9:11 AM

I have never liked any of them while they played for them, but due to other thread it got me thinking about ones I respected after they left Usuck.

1) Lattimore- Could not catch a break and looked like a Hall of fame potential back at times. Always seemed to have a sense of class though in the situation.
2) Succop- Great player we let get away. Loved Clemson his whole life and was definitely better than what we had recruited at the time.
3) Jefferey- Never hear anything bad about him and is/was a great NFL receiver.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

My list

Jul 14, 2018, 9:22 AM

10. Screw
9. Every
8. Single
7. One
6. Of
5. Those
4. Pathetic
3. Coot
2. Losers
1. cutigerbob®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: My list

Jul 14, 2018, 10:04 AM

The sound of Crickets is deafening!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Tiger fan detests Chickens more than I do but....

Jul 14, 2018, 9:25 AM

These three got all of my respect...

Conner Shaw. Kid was a baller, a pure FB player playing QB. A tough SOB with no quit in him. Tip my hat to that kid.

George Rogers. Say what you want, Rogers was the best big back I ever saw at the collegient level. Big SOB with speed, power, moves and carried the rock somerimes 30+ carries a game. I would take him over Herschel any day of the week. Coke derailed him in NO. He was NFL ROY in 1981 with 1500 + yards. Our D stuffed him out of the end zone but he cranked yards out and was faster than most DBs at 230 lbs.

Sterling Sharpe. Best reciever they have ever had. Speed, hands, strong guy. Neck issue killed his career. Guy was HOFer in GB if no injury. He was a great reciever in a RB body.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No Tiger fan detests Chickens more than I do but....

Jul 14, 2018, 9:26 AM

I guess it's my orange blood, I don't respect anyone that goes to that school. I personally knew several that went there but in the end, they are still coots. Sorry. I wonder if I'm in the minority here?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did my list based on respect athletically only

Jul 14, 2018, 9:31 AM

I detest the school, their programs, etc. and I grew up 5 miles from their coop.

I’m with you

Jul 14, 2018, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: No Tiger fan detests Chickens more than I do but.... ]

#### em all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2018, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: No Tiger fan detests Chickens more than I do but.... ]

I truly hope and believe that this is just a joke being that we are on tigernet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

George Rogers is a class A #######.***

Jul 14, 2018, 9:31 AM [ in reply to No Tiger fan detests Chickens more than I do but.... ]

Jul 14, 2018, 10:42 AM [ in reply to No Tiger fan detests Chickens more than I do but.... ]

I guess you didn't get the chance to see many good RBs play...Rogers was good, but no where near the talent of Herschel Walker or Bo Jackson. He probably wouldn't make it into a top 30 list of all-time best RBs..

Jackson did not explode until his Jr year at Auburn

Jul 14, 2018, 11:09 AM

Rogers was over 1000 yards all 4 years I believe and I would argue had more quickness than Walker. Walker had world class speed but Rogers, to me, in open field had shiftiness Walker did not. All three were big, strong, and fast as hell. Rogers also had far less talent around him. I give credit where it is due.

Re: Top Three respected Gamecock players.....

Jul 14, 2018, 9:45 AM

Shaw
Lattimore
Edwards

Jul 14, 2018, 9:51 AM

If I had to pick for football it would be...
1) Lattimore (and no one really close IMO)
2) Connor Shaw
3) Ryan Succop

If I could throw other sports in, I'd add Drew Meyer from baseball, Clint Mathis from Men's Soccer, and Alex English from basketball. As much as I'm not a fan of her or her team, it's hard not to respect what A'ja Wilson did for their women's basketball program. Probably the greatest player in the history of South Carolina sports (or at least competitive with Rodgers and English).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2018, 9:56 AM

Moe, Larry,and Curly! Yuck! Yuck!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2018, 9:58 AM

1. Shaw
2. For some reason, I liked Phil Petty (I think that was his name... dude from Boiling Springs)
3. Lattimore
4. Several yrs ago they had a kid who was Mr. Football from Oh310. Don't remember his name, but he had grit.
5. Laugh if you will, but I also kinda liked Dondrail Pinkins. He wasn't polished, but again, grit. Course, he did get busted for stealing stuff from Willy Brice, so maybe not.

I lived in that cesspool for 13 years

Jul 14, 2018, 10:14 AM

At one point I was living in Olympia and Shaw was my neighbor. He is a really good guy. He used to give me hell and I'd send my Malinois to playfully attack him. Had quite a few beers with the kid, can't say anything bad about him.

My next 2 would be lattimore And ace Sanders. I only say ace because we ran I to him at a bar one night and I kept accusing him of not being him. He looked way to small in person to be a d1 player. He took it in jest and just let it roll.

Re: Top Three respected Gamecock players.....***

Jul 14, 2018, 10:17 AM

Gonna go with

Jul 14, 2018, 10:28 AM

Shaw - biggest winner they have had and handled it with class

Brewer was a heck of a player

Rob Deboer was a good back in the 80’s

Jul 14, 2018, 10:29 AM

1) Tim Frisby

Jul 15, 2018, 9:18 AM

Lattimore - by far. Just an awesome guy.

Shaw - for the same reason I liked Spencer Shuey, Michael Palmer and Hunter Renfrow (grit). Plus he coaches at Furman now.

Swearinger- I know that won't be popular. But, If he played for Clemson, we would have loved it. Same as McDaniels and Boulware. Just nasty. Could lay a hit.

Now I'm going to go wash my hands. They feel dirty from typing that.

Jul 15, 2018, 9:27 AM

I hate the coots more than I care to admit but man I was and still am pulling hard for Lattimore. Something about him. He's gotten some tough breaks in his career but he's always smiling and working hard. Hard not to like a guy like that.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bobby Cremins, for obvious reasons.***

Jul 15, 2018, 9:54 AM

Jul 15, 2018, 11:33 AM

1. Syvelle Newton ( because he is a personal friend of mine.)
2. Marcus Lattimore
3. Connor Shaw

outside of Shaw and Lattimore, I have nothing.***

Jul 15, 2018, 12:00 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic