Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Georgia wins out and beats LSU...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

If Georgia wins out and beats LSU...

Nov 11, 2019, 10:30 AM

....Does a 1 loss LSU deserve to be in the playoff over Oregon if Oregon wins out?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Georgia wins out and beats LSU...

Nov 11, 2019, 10:32 AM

If Georgia wins out and beat LSU in the SEC championship game, Georgia and LSU will be in the playoffs. The only good thing in that scenario is that there’s no way Alabama will also get it.

No, Oregon deserves it if they beat 11-1 Utah in PAC

Nov 11, 2019, 10:33 AM

championship

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, Oregon deserves it if they beat 11-1 Utah in PAC

Nov 11, 2019, 10:41 AM

Oregono vs the Utes ("what's a Ute?") sounds like a very compelling game. Both very good teams this year.

The Utes are atribe of Native Americans.***

Nov 11, 2019, 12:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2019, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: No, Oregon deserves it if they beat 11-1 Utah in PAC ]

"the two Utes".
https://youtu.be/Hu8tX2BAD1k

Message was edited by: vanwirtp®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2019, 12:16 PM [ in reply to No, Oregon deserves it if they beat 11-1 Utah in PAC ]

The same Oregon Team that lost to a team both UGA and LSU beat? Why all the love for Oregon? Is it just no one wants 2 SEC teams in? I hate it too but Oregon is not a playoff team. I doubt any of you have watched any of their games... The 2 teams from Washington gave them all they could handle, WSU at home too

The CFP committee would have a tough time justifying...

Nov 11, 2019, 10:33 AM

putting a team in the playoffs that just lost a conference championship game especially over a one loss conference champion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 11, 2019, 10:35 AM

Basically LSU would have lost their quarterfinal game.

They would need to have a few 2 loss conference champions. Then it would be a no-brainer. For me, it would be interesting if a 13-0 Minnesota and a 1 loss LSU are fighting over that 4th spot. I would still lean Minnesota.

FYI a 13-0 Minnesota team would have beaten ....

Nov 11, 2019, 10:40 AM

Penn State, Iowa, Wisconsin and likely Ohio State.

They would likely be 1 or 2 with those wins ... better resume than Clemson.

Re: FYI a 13-0 Minnesota team would have beaten ....

Nov 11, 2019, 10:42 AM

Yes, and I think THAT would be the test of picking a "name" program vs a semi-unknown. It would be interesting if they beat Ped State twice and 31-0 was sitting off to the side as a 1 loss too.

Re: FYI a 13-0 Minnesota team would have beaten ....

Nov 11, 2019, 10:49 AM [ in reply to FYI a 13-0 Minnesota team would have beaten .... ]

I cannot see the Golden Woodchucks beating the Bucknuts.

I don't think there's any doubt Minnesota would get the

Nov 11, 2019, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: If Georgia wins out and beats LSU... ]

nod, at that point they would have most likely beaten what the committee initially projected as their #1 and #4 teams in the country (as long as OSU wins their division), plus Iowa and Wisconsin. The committee obviously put a lot of stock in the SEC and B1G, so they can't deny a playoff spot to an undefeated champion from either of those conferences.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Nov 11, 2019, 10:41 AM

Yes.
But Georgia won't beat LSU.

Nov 11, 2019, 10:43 AM

It depends, who is Joe Burrow's back up?

LOL...I see what you did there.***

Nov 11, 2019, 10:51 AM

Nov 11, 2019, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: If Georgia wins out and beats LSU... ]

I wont be surprised if they do.

Nov 11, 2019, 10:43 AM

All I know is I am a huge Auburn and Texas A&M fan over the next few weeks. A few upsets by these guys and the entire "SEC deserves to have 2 in the playoff" narrative goes completely away!

Nov 11, 2019, 10:56 AM

The committee has a set of rules, or standards shall we say, that were put into place when the committee was formed. Among those standards, a conference championship is a high criteria when selecting the top four playoff teams.

If a one or two loss Georgia, who could still lose to Auburn this coming weekend, does indeed beat LSU in the SEC championship, then Oregon, Utah, Oklahoma or a Baylor would get in over LSU if those teams win their conference championship game.

If the committee were to put in an LSU team that had just lost to a, perhaps 2 loss Georgia team, then they would be going against every standard and the principles that were set forth before the season. It would be nearly impossible for the committee to justify that action with admitting a certain bias.

A 12-1 Pac 12 champion Utah ir Oregon and a 12-1 Big 12 champion Oklahoma or 13-0 Baylor would be the teams who should be considered for the fourth and final playoff spot. A 12-1 LSU team without a conference championship who lost to a one or two loss Georgia wouldn't be in the conversation. Not if the committee holds true to their standards.

It is the SEC though, and we all know how shady things get when it comes down to the wire. The rules are forgotten and the lines become blurred in order to accommodate the prestigious SEC.

Nov 11, 2019, 10:56 AM

The committee has a set of rules, or standards shall we say, that were put into place when the committee was formed. Among those standards, a conference championship is a high criteria when selecting the top four playoff teams.

If a one or two loss Georgia, who could still lose to Auburn this coming weekend, does indeed beat LSU in the SEC championship, then Oregon, Utah, Oklahoma or a Baylor would get in over LSU if those teams win their conference championship game.

If the committee were to put in an LSU team that had just lost to a, perhaps 2 loss Georgia team, then they would be going against every standard and the principles that were set forth before the season. It would be nearly impossible for the committee to justify that action with admitting a certain bias.

A 12-1 Pac 12 champion Utah ir Oregon and a 12-1 Big 12 champion Oklahoma or 13-0 Baylor would be the teams who should be considered for the fourth and final playoff spot. A 12-1 LSU team without a conference championship who lost to a one or two loss Georgia wouldn't be in the conversation. Not if the committee holds true to their standards.

It is the SEC though, and we all know how shady things get when it comes down to the wire. The rules are forgotten and the lines become blurred in order to accommodate the prestigious SEC.

The SEC Least is terrible.

Nov 11, 2019, 10:58 AM

Both Texas A&M and Auburn are better than thuga. This opens the backdoor for Florida to Atlanta.

And Florida is three touchdowns worse than LSU.

I think Georgia will easily beat A&M. The game at Auburn

Nov 11, 2019, 11:44 AM

is 50/50. Both teams have really good defenses and limited offenses, but i think Auburn's offense is more limited than Georgia's. One potential issue for Georgia is that Cager is banged up again. He's supposed to play but he he's been battling a shoulder injury and their passing game has been pretty bad when he's not on the field. Who knew an unheralded Miami transfer would be so importing to the Dawgs?

No, we will not see a CCG loser back into a 4 team CFP, it

Nov 11, 2019, 11:31 AM

would undermine the integrity of the CCG and the Presidents aren't going to do that, they simply make too much money

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think a 12-1 conference champion is going to be

Nov 11, 2019, 11:48 AM

really tough to leave out in favor of any non-champion. The Big XII and Pac 12 would likely be furious if their 12-1 champs were snubbed for a second SEC team.

LSU at 12-1 would have, by far, the strongest case of any non-champion though.

I think there is a better chance that winged monkeys fly

Nov 11, 2019, 11:40 AM

out my butt than of Georgia beating LSU. Butt, I could be wrong....:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia is not going to beat LSU so moot point.***

Nov 11, 2019, 11:42 AM

That's a good debate. Both have one loss. I would go with

Nov 11, 2019, 12:01 PM

the conference champ, but I could respect the other side of that argument.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think i can help...

Nov 11, 2019, 12:20 PM

ugay not beating lsu

oregon at one loss deserves to be in regardless. they should be undefeated. and would be, if not for coaching blunders against albarn

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Oregon would have 1 win over the top 15

Nov 11, 2019, 12:39 PM

LSU would have 3 wins over the top 15.

I think if you read between the line of the guidelines that the committee is required to operate under...

The guidelines are there to encourage schools to schedule good out of conference games.

What I am saying is that a 10-2 team can get in if they go 4-2 vs the top 15.

***Yes*******

Nov 11, 2019, 1:55 PM

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic